Have I Lost My Chance of Flight refund?

15 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well, if 80% have already been paid back WHY were you pushed to the back 20% ? Why have they left it until now ?

Their cashflow is not your problem, BUT if you are willing to take the hit and accept less then state it must be paid within 28 days or the deal is off, if this is just another delay tactic you will proceed with a lawyer and they can pay for that too and you will also post their actions on Social Media.

Thanks Charlie, I will get in touch with them and see what happens next.

I also had booked a flight with Emirates but it went by the office of Bravofly, they promised me a voucher or refund from 01/2021 till 06/2021.I want the totally refund now , but the office not answering my mails or calls, and i'm not the only one, shame on you '' BRAVOFLY''

2 minutes ago, millymoopoo said:

If it's Visa it does.

I've never had a credit card, only debit cards and once have got my money back for flights cancelled using the chargeback

No, mines is a Mastercard.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Well, if 80% have already been paid back WHY were you pushed to the back 20% ? Why have they left it until now ?

Their cashflow is not your problem, BUT if you are willing to take the hit and accept less then state it must be paid within 28 days or the deal is off, if this is just another delay tactic you will proceed with a lawyer and they can pay for that too and you will also post their actions on Social Media.

Just had word that I will receive my refund within two months, I guess 28 days doesn't give them enough time. Thanks again.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have just received an email from TVairbookings just now as I was reading this post.

They are saying there is a cash flow problem, but 80% of customers have now been paid back.

Here is part of their email to me.

"So we write to you for a survey if we can ask for your permission to reduce the fund to 75% of money received from the airlines".

"If allowed, it is expected to gradually pay more or some back at the beginning or mid of next month and will continue to find solution for the rest."

Can you tell me what I should do Charlie? I would be prepared to accept the 75% as it would be better than maybe losing it all. 

Should I email them back and say I will accept the 75%, but only if I get it in the next three weeks?

They're obviously prioritising other customers because you're a farang and don't know any better. Demand a full and immediate refund or else* you'll report them to the DBD for trading while insolvent. This is very serious and the directors would be held personally liable for any amounts they paid to other customers first (out of their own pockets) and face criminal charges for their actions. A Thai company that is unable to pay its debts when due must not pay out any creditors except if under external administration to ensure that everyone gets their fair share of the remaining assets.

*in accordance with the local culture you need to do this indirectly. E.g. you know they're good people who just want to do the right thing so you want them to give you a chance to do the right thing and pay you back but it needs to be in full and immediately, etc.

When buying a ticket I always start with an (any) airlines website price and then l use that as my reference price with the agents. In my experience you almost always can get the same and sometimes a better price with airline. Sometimes the difference is very small in an agents favour but then you have to weigh that up against the integrity of the agency and without being disrespectful to Thailand, there may be risks involved.

3 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

If it's Visa it does.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, mines is a Mastercard.

Mastercards are also covered by the Chargeback scheme but you've left it too late to use it now.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Poet said:

Never really understood why people buy air tickets via agents. Is it really that much cheaper?

When using the flight search aggregators, I often notice that some online agent site will offer the flight slightly cheaper but, in my experience, they seem to add an additional fee after you have already wasted time and are about to pay.

The direct prices listed in the aggregators generally turn out to be their total price, so, I feel that the agents are engaging in sleight-of-hand to funnel people to their sites.

Even if an agent did work out, say, 10% cheaper overall, I still feel it is better to deal directly with the airline, especially if you have a return flight that you might possibly need to change. So many variables affect travel, I always suspect it will work out more expensive to deal with any problem or change through an agent.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to find a way to get cheaper flights, I certainly waste enough time searching for the best dates to fly, but I've never really found a way to come out ahead by going through a third party.

In the good old days the travel agent would be able to find a consolidated fare online - usually cheaper than the airline direct for the same flight. There are so many booking classes... and airline websites often make it hard to find the cheapest booking class.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, robblok said:

I would be worried that the agent might already have received the money from Emirates and not given to you. So that the agent pocketed the money. If emirates already paid the agent then all you can do is go to the agent.

So its important to know if emirates has paid the agent already.

That has definitely happened with some agents. I know of someone who were due to fly last May and had the flight cancelled in March, asked for a refund, airline issued refund to the agent who have been holding onto it. Agent now 'promises' money back at the end of July.

Communication with the Consumer Protection Board here shows they are aware and there is an ongoing investigation of this major fraud.