Thailand reports 4,803 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are writing about theory, but I am writing about facts.

I posted data earlier showing over 50% of the new cases outside Bangkok BEFORE Songkran, but now 80% of the new cases are in the Bangkok region.

Chonburi had 141 cases BEFORE Songkran, there are 80 cases today.

Below is the case map BEFORE Songkran:

1C3004D0-94D2-47C7-8FD0-9EB01DAE7CDB.jpeg

Chonburi is getting WORSE now, not better.  During 10-19 May, the average daily number of cases in Chonburi was 51.  From 20-29 May, the average daily number of cases was 71.  That's a 39% increase.  Wouldn't have happened without the enormous Songkran policy error.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Approximately 3 weeks lag on deaths so the current rise will reflect the rise in cases about the 10th May. Every chance that in about a week deaths could be in the mid 40s/day for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

It's important to remember that, in the general population,  new cases are not spiking over the previous days, but primarily rising the same. These prison statistics  have recently been added to the daily count - to what end, I'm not sure.  It's also important to note that the PCR testing material is not that accurate, you get a lot of false positives.  It's famous for that.  It would be very helpful if the general population did not panic but work at getting their lives back.  That's very important for the survival of the country at large  It's also very important to note that the fatality count covers a total of 68million people.  It is not a time to panic - as difficult it is to lose loved ones, this is not a huge number of people on a daily count.  This particular virus is as deadly as are often led to believe..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Don't think I trust any of them, including the lot in this country.  

If "the lot in this country" means the rank-and-file TV poster/moaners, I agree.

BTW, where did it suggest the illustrated room-full of beds was here, or now, or a covid ward? So many people have just made the assumption, Pavlov-style.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

please stop with your nonsense of no Chinese tourists were arriving in Thailand.

Of course there were Chinese tourists in Thailand, what is wrong is the constant implication that they were all infected.

I did a border bounce to Pedang Besar on 5th February last year and the train was full of Chinese, didn't see any coughing or looking peeky. Everyone was being careful,wearing masks and keeping distant.

My niece did her degree in China and was at a large hospital in Bangkok at the time and as she she spoke Chinese got roped in to deal with the Chinese tourists coming into the hospital. They were just a bit scared and wanted advice, none of them were sick.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha reassured all Thais that they will be inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines this year.

But not a clear message.

Inoculated with what vaccine, and how many injections.. one or two.

And yet again nothing about foreigners.

For a prime minister his communication skills are appalling.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, polpott said:

I flew into Swampy on Feb 3rd. The majority of arrivals appeared to be Chinese, including tour groups. Didn't notice a major decline in Chinese tourists in Pattaya until the end of February.

Remember that China stopped all tour groups from leaving China in mid January 2020, so you couldn't have seen Chinese tour groups in BKK in February. 

Maybe Chinese tour groups going home... 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

Chonburi is getting WORSE now, not better.  During 10-19 May, the average daily number of cases in Chonburi was 51.  From 20-29 May, the average daily number of cases was 71.  That's a 39% increase.  Wouldn't have happened without the enormous Songkran policy error.

Cases were 141 Before Songkran in Chonburi. 

1 hour ago, Spock said:

80% of prisoners are in for drug offences, most minor. 'Doing a crime' does not mean that you should leave yourself open to contracting illnesses because the prison system is unconcerned about the welfare of prisoners and most prisoners sleep in conditions on the floor where they are almost on top of each other. As someone who has a Thai friend in poor health in prison, I find your callous and inhumane attitude to Thai prisoners reprehensible and unforgiveable. You sir are an <deleted> of the first order.

"Doing a crime' does not mean that you should leave yourself open to contracting illnesses"

Would that also apply to getting old?, try and keep a bit of perspective.

There has been more covid deaths in UK care homes than cases in Thai prisons.

• Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Everyone has been affected by the pandemic...both within and without prisons and there have been prison outbreaks in well run and funded ones in advanced countries and of course in over crowded ones in poor countries. Community living facilities are not places one wants to be during a respiratory virus pandemic. That being said, what's your solution...put them all up in private rooms at all the empty hotels in the country?

I have no solution other than to say that Thai prisons are unbelievably overcrowded and the prisoners were always going to be endangered by the conditions and the lack of concern by prison authorities and government. My comment was simply directed at you. I don't expect Thai authorities to care about the plight of prisoners who are doing the time and much more for their crime. I just would have expected a bit bit more compassion from an expat or foreigner than you displayed in your grossly insensitive comment.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Because you have forgotten about the growing anxiety about the pandemic in January 2020.

Actually way back then, I personally was far from anxious. I never thought it would amount to much. How wrong can a person be!

They were bringing British back to UK from Wuhan and quarantining them IIRC.

A few months later, and I had been forced to cancel an International trip (thank heavens, I could have got stuck outside of Thailand)..... I was soon getting rather nervous of it all. 

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Cases were 141 Before Songkran in Chonburi. 

Quite. And about a hundred of that 141 came out of one pub, they have a lot to answer for. We had heard of people getting sick from there before the figures were published.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JohnHans said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha reassured all Thais that they will be inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines this year.

Why can't he say "Everyone" 

Doesn't matter... an impossible claim and the excuses are being drafted as we speak.

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"Doing a crime' does not mean that you should leave yourself open to contracting illnesses"

Would that also apply to getting old?, try and keep a bit of perspective.

There has been more covid deaths in UK care homes than cases in Thai prisons.

Of course there have been a lot of deaths in aged care facilities all around the world because the people in the homes die as a result of comorbidity. People in prison are largely not of an age expected to die - except that respiratory diseases, especially TB which has been eradicated in most of the world, is rife in ThaI jails. Perspective? You have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Doesn't matter... an impossible claim and the excuses are being drafted as we speak.

As long as they and thair families are vacinated already they don't care less, its all about keepig the people in-check.

14 minutes ago, Spock said:

I have no solution other than to say that Thai prisons are unbelievably overcrowded and the prisoners were always going to be endangered by the conditions and the lack of concern by prison authorities and government. My comment was simply directed at you. I don't expect Thai authorities to care about the plight of prisoners who are doing the time and much more for their crime. I just would have expected a bit bit more compassion from an expat or foreigner than you displayed in your grossly insensitive comment.

Sorry if I offended you...but I don't have much sympathy for criminals...more for their victims.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Sorry if I offended you...but I don't have much sympathy for criminals...more for their victims.

They are not all criminals, 1000's are there on remand before any form of trial with many of those being found innocent.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Remember that China stopped all tour groups from leaving China in mid January 2020, so you couldn't have seen Chinese tour groups in BKK in February. 

Maybe Chinese tour groups going home... 

I know what I saw. Big difference between people getting on to coaches outside arrivals and getting off coaches outside departures.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Always wise to keep 200k baht bail money handy.

Yea and you could also respond to the point with the reality of the situation, you're compassion is zero for other peoples fate which says a lot about you as a person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

80% of Thais in prison are in for drug offences, most of them minor. Who are the obvious victims other than themselves? It is said that one year in a Thai prison is equivalent to 5 years in an American prison and those inside genuinely pay for their crimes. But you would have then suffer much more! Why not just save the couple of dollars a day spent on Thai prisoners and humanely dispose of them, which would also fulfil your desire to avenge the 'victims'. 

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No they didn't they did not stop any groups from leaving until the 27th Jan. There were still plenty all over Thailand in Feb. 

But no new tour groups arriving in Thailand from China after the 27th.

You could see the difference on Walking Street the week after the tour group ban.