SURVEY: Would you leave to get vaccinated?

Scott

SURVEY: Would you leave to get vaccinated?  

314 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, elliss said:

Good point .

So can Covid be detected in the blood . ?? 

Doing away , with the un-scientific  test ,

of a swab into the Nasal channels ...

Covid antibodies can be detected by a blood sample.

Amazingly, anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 via nasal swab will have Covid antibodies in their blood, within a week of their RT-PCR test. Funny how that works.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Indian variant has mutated already... I believe moniker 'Nepal'  being attached. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/03/nepal-covid-variant-does-it-exist-should-concerned

Nepal Covid variant: does it exist and should we be concerned?

UK transport secretary mentioned mutation but Public Health England says it is not examining such a variant

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Indian variant has mutated already... I believe moniker 'Nepal'  being attached. 

There is also a variant called Vietnam which derives from the Indian. While the Indian cities appear to be emerging from the surge, what about the countryside where the deaths are not even being counted, and good luck about detecting new variants.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:13 PM, Chosenfew said:

I am trying to time it right so as to return back to the States for a family visit and to finally get vaccinated. I think if I wait until September/ October, COVID will be subsiding and I may be able to return without COE, quarantine and other BS.

My Worries about being vaccinated in Thailand are the following:

I do not trust the Sinovac.

I do trust the AZ, but the USA vaccines have greater efficacy and seem to have less side affects.

Lastly, quality control in the manufacturing and dispensary process. Vaccines have a very short shelf life and if great care is not taken in controlling the temperature and so forth, who knows what you’re getting?

By September / October there's a very good chance you can get vaccinated through a private hospital with Moderna...a VERY good chance since the initial order of 5,000,000 doses by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand is in the works through the Government Procurement Office, on behalf of 200 private hospitals here in Thailand.

What's more, the Government is working on securing vaccines from Pfizer and J&J right now, so by Sep/Oct, those may also be available here. 

Even if you wait to return to the US until September / October, you will still probably face a lot of obstacles and high costs in booking a flight, and also in returning to Thailand, even as a vaccinated person.

FYI, online registration for vaccination (for those 60 and over, or with specified existing conditions) is now up and running through the Thailand Ministry of Public Health at http://www.thailandintervac.com/.  Foreigners only need their passport numbers to register.  I just registered with no problems encountered.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 8:44 AM, jacko45k said:

You can add ,   many Indian regions in Uk ..

No racist , comment intended ...

However , that said ...