SURVEY: Would you leave to get vaccinated?

Scott

SURVEY: Would you leave to get vaccinated?  

314 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a lot of back and forth information about vaccines and when they will be available and who will be eligible, would you consider leaving Thailand and going to your home country or another country where you could get vaccinated?

Choose the option that best describes your position on the matter and feel free to leave a comment.  

If I had no plans to travel this summer I would definitely not get vaccinated.

If Maldives had opened earlier with their vaccine vacation , I would have gone there and coordinated my  summer trip according to the dates.

This being said, if I go out of the country as I intend to, I will get vaccinated as soon as possible where possible but I will try delay my trip back to Thailand until they scrap their quarantine for vaccinated travellers, hoping this will happen before November. I will not hold my breath too long on this one

I have been very seriously considering it, but if I leave I conclude that I have to leave completely, no continuing to pay for my studio in Sukhumvit with the expectation of return toward the end of the year. Total liquidation or haul it with me. Maybe come back in a year or two. California would be nice, everything is getting better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alyx said:

If I had no plans to travel this summer I would definitely not get vaccinated.

If Maldives had opened earlier with their vaccine vacation , I would have gone there and coordinated my  summer trip according to the dates.

This being said, if I go out of the country as I intend to, I will get vaccinated as soon as possible where possible but I will try delay my trip back to Thailand until they scrap their quarantine for vaccinated travellers, hoping this will happen before November. I will not hold my breath too long on this one

Also hoping that by November quarantine has completely stopped or reduced back to the previous 7 days, or reduced to 3 days as was proposed but never implemented. 

Also hoping that having 2 shots of the vaccine Pfizer or AZ, plus a booster of same as original or the other vaccine will help to gain zero or much reduced quarantine on arrival in LOS. 

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Had COVID along with all my family, it wasn't that bad for any of us.

If I hadn't had it, I might have made some effort to get the vaccine, but now I just don't see what the fuss is about.

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There were no tests in Jan 2020, and most of the world (including me) knew nothing of COVID.

In reality you have no idea and seem to be kidding yourself and giving yourself and family false assurance.

Also, if Jan. 2020 was your claim then your antibody timeline is expired as studies show 8 months is about as long as immunity lasts after Covid.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

I am planning on returning to UK in one months time - partially to get vaccinated (the utter chaos and flip-flopping in the Thai vaccination program gives me little confidence that i will get vaccinated this year), but also because i have a new grandchild due in 3 months, a son who may emigrate from the UK in the autumn, and some other less urgent financial/personal matters that i can only do in the UK.

The headache is that the travel situation is still volatile - limited flight options (the airline i was going to use has cut flight options), no travel through red zone countries (otherwise hotel quarantine), multiple Covid tests (at my expense) and unsure what the rules will be when returning - hence cannot plan ahead, it will be a decision at a few days notice.

• Like 2

I seriously considered returning to the US for vaccination but decided not to.  My reasons:

• Thailand is probably one of the safest countries to be in right now as an unvaccinated person if you consider the relatively low number of Covid cases here compared with most other countries of the world.  Travelling to the US would expose me to high risk of infection, mainly from lengthy layovers in airports.  I feel that it is safer to stay here while practicing sensible social distancing and wait for vaccination here in the Kingdom.
  • While plans for the public rollout of vaccinations here in Thailand for expats seems confusing, contradictory, and chaotic right now, I am confident that over the coming weeks, that is going to change in a big way, and expats will be able to become vaccinated a lot sooner than many of us currently believe.
  • Even though I would much prefer a Western vaccine such as Pfizer or J&J over SInoVac, SinoVac probably provides decent efficacy, and I could always supplement it with a Western vaccine at a later date.
  •  My big concern with SinoVac (right now) is that no Phase 3 study data on the vaccine has yet been published in peer-reviewed journals, and as such, many countries around the world are "on the fence" right now about whether or not travelers vaccinated with SInoVac will be granted entry.  I want to be able to travel freely ASAP, with no concerns about being barred entry.
Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I will say we have a large space (1.5 Rai), I couldn't imagine being stuck in a moo-baan house with a small garden or a condo!

Yeah, I'm with ya there.  Don't have as much space as you, but 1/2 rai with plenty of fresh air and sunshine between the house and the outside fences keeps plenty of space between the outside world and me and Mrs. Connda.  Neither of us worry at all.  Never have.  We'll hunker down and wait it out with the occasional trips to open air markets and Big C which is almost never crowded. And at the moment our province has no recorded cases.  And given that virtually the whole Tambon suffered from upper respiratory infections last year during the First Wave, my guess is that most in this area probably have natural herd immunity anyway.  It's an freaking inconvenience but not the end of the world.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There were no tests in Jan 2020, and most of the world (including me) knew nothing of COVID.

No tests in Britain in Jan 2020 and with a government in complete denial.

Luckily the crack Thai medics had already started preparing and were testing and found their first case on January 13 and the country jumped into action. 

Of course we now know by then it had already spread to Europe and elsewhere, but with no tests they had no cases. They paid the price for it though, especially Italy, France, Spain and the UK.

Thailand with their decisive actions, mask wearing, temperature checks, curfews and lockdowns etc largely escaped disaster.

Unfortunately they now have been caught off guard with this BritishB117 highly contagious mutant strain.

• Like 1

Left in March to get vaccinated as I was becoming increasingly unsettled by the low but steady cases being reported in and around Bangkok. A few days after leaving, the Thong Lor debacle hit the news. The peace of mind knowing you’re protected against severe disease was well worth the cost to me. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

most of her Thai LINE pals feel the same way.

same i hear from the missus, most dont want it.
the MILs village, only 1 person put their name down
the MIL asked the people coming around for registrants if they will be taking it?.... "no, scared"

• Like 1