US expats plead for vaccine help in viral Thailand

webfact

So are the British expats but i bet dopy Boris will not help .i cant see it happing for a while i believe the vaccines will all go to Bangkok as it needed more there than other provinces.   

34 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

LOL. The U.S. is supposed to send personalized vaccines to each citizen in every other country?. Wow, talk about entitlement syndrome.

.... so, the embassy workers are all being vaccinated in local hospitals? Nobody is asking for free vaccinations from embassies. Look at it this way, it is a way of supporting the governments of the countries the embassies are in, that haven't the capabilities or the will to vaccinate their foreign guests. If there is a will, there is a way and for once you will to have a reason to pat your backs at the next cocktail party. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

I have zero expectations as I already know very well that the U.S. Embassy wouldn't bother to urinate on me if I were on fire (see income affidavits.)

US is not alone, the UK treat their citizens similarly

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Why only in Thailand or SE Asia?  If the US Government vaccinates Americans in Thailand then what about every country in the world that Americans are in?  This list would be long and possibly there are more Americans in other countries than Thailand?  A lot of Americans are in the PI as well.  It is not what "the Government owes us or has a duty to do", most of us came to Thailand voluntarily.  I have never met any American who was forced to come to Thailand or is on asylum status.  We can leave Thailand anytime.  

Additionally would countries like India or possibly Brazil be higher on any potential list to vaccinate Americans?  If the pandemic poses an imminent threat to Americans then the State Department would deploy it's ultimate overseas tool:  the NEO program, Noncombatant Evacuation Operations.  If the pandemics gets really bad the US Embassy in Bangkok would offer all Americans a chance to evacuate(of course it would not be free).  In essence Americans who want to be evacuated would pack one carry on bag and meet at a designated meeting point and fly out to the US or the nearest safe country. 

This is issue is "DOA".  

Well said. Thanks. If American citizens are that concerned for their safety in this country then naturally they should leave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, the green light said:

it looks so easy.. let me lay out the fact.

On the the way to the US

you will need a negative covid 19 test and  you have to do 7 days self quarantine in the US.

cost : assuming that you have a place to quarantine, you will be paying for the test around $200. 

On your return to Thailand

You must wait 14 days after the second shot to return to Thailand. you will need COE document plus you will need to buy COvid19 health insurance.

you will also need a "fit to fly document with proof of vaccination from your doctor and not just a card.

Assuming that immigration accept Pfizer as a vaccination you will need a forced 7 days quarantine in thailand followed with 2 covid19 test.

total cost :  Thai quarantine is about  $3,000

excluding the airfare or miscellaneous expenses like food in the US.

Overall. the cost for this plan is around $6,000 in case you want to get you vaccine in the US and return back to Thailand after 45 days.

It surely is a piece of cake HA HAHHA   HAHAHAHAHA

Yes but if you are so desperately concerned about your health, safety and general well being whats 6 grand.

Surely your life is worth more than that? I see a lot of American citizens demanding embassies get off their <deleted>. How about American citizens overseas just get off theirs? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, morocco said:

Don’t the private clinics offer vaccines for a couple thousand baht?  

No.

While there are some few reports of some receiving AZ here for ~ 5,000-ish. there really are no vaccines supplies left. That initial tranche of AZ was ~ 117,000 doses.

Maybe in the future this will be possible.

Yes, some hospitals plan to have Moderna, and are positioning it at 5,000 baht all in. Allocations to private hospitals, eprhaps one national chain, seem to be in the 1,000 does range.

This isn't so much about cost/price, but rather, availability.

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Logistically it would be a nightmare to pull off - all countries Americans are in...

easier to just book a flight home and get it within a few days...

and then get a gym workout and a lap swim in which one can’t do in thailand...

For some here who are taking care of their wives and children, a flight isn't the easiest thing. And there are plenty of gyms across Thailand. Every major city has them

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

Americans do not create this so call stereotype, just jealous Wanna-Bees and pretenders.

Proof in  just one sentence!  Unbelievable!

Surprised you dont advocate the bombing of Thailand if US nationals are not vaxxed first.....protecting US (greedy) interests of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3