Thailand reports new daily record of 5,485 new COVID-19 cases, 19 new deaths

webfact

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Hospitals restrict vaccine registration amid supply concerns

The Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) and several private hospitals were closing their registration procedures for vaccination against the Covid-19 virus on Monday.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) last week asked people to “slow down” their vaccine registration via the Mor Phrom Application due to limited supply of vaccines.

The locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will reportedly not be delivered in June as scheduled.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28085/hospitals-restrict-vaccine-registration-amid-supply-concerns/

So it appears, that it's full steam ahead for the Chinese vaccines for June

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, club said:

It really isn't that bad? That's if you believe those numbers Thailand puts out, Many countries including the USA China and Russia along with many others have all been caught fudging  their numbers. 

That's why I cautioned.. if statistics are to be believed.... But among the various countries, the general expert consensus seems to be that China, by its reporting at the outset of the pandemic, probably has the most flawed statistical reporting.

With regard to Thailand, one thing that I think can be fairly said is that hospitals here have not yet been literally overrun by dying COVID patients, something that did happen in other countries in many places including the U.S. and in some European countries.  That's a harder reality to fudge compared to case reporting.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

While rising coronavirus cases and deaths in recent days suggest Thailand is no longer the country that some last year thought would be largely spared the pandemic, neither is the country's overall current circumstance all that bad, as least thus far, and when compared to a lot of other countries around the world.

I pulled together some comparative charts from the website Our World in Data comparing Thailand on several key indicators with a selected group of major countries and Thailand's regional neighboring countries, and here's what those show, if statistics are to be believed.

Thailand's worst look right now is its tiny share of the country's population that's been fully vaccinated for COVID, though Thailand also has been moving up the charts on its per capita share of new COVID cases currently being reported. But Thailand's current and cumulative per capita rates of COVID fatalities remain comparatively low.

Per Capita COVID cases, current and then cumulative:

1816698806_CurrentPerCapitaCases.jpg.fd889a88aee956a8c4c8abc6130f726d.jpg

1690870706_CumulativePerCapitaCases.jpg.a56cba8ff423edf93774403b50ab2c5f.jpg

Per Capita COVID deaths, current and cumulative:

1526950276_CurrentPerCapitaDeaths.jpg.fea116ff770d99f7c7a575dcbf9fbcaf.jpg

1550515483_CumulativePerCapitaDeaths.jpg.3edce98b0fb36fb5c60bacaa6d853816.jpg

Cumulative Case Fatality rate (deaths among confirmed cases):

Fully Vaccinated Share of the Population:

1595822196_FullyVaccinatedPerCapita.jpg.1fdf48cb3e46c2194244ca51ad4d6650.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

Thanks tallguy.

personally, I don’t think it’s relevant to compare Thailand with countries like Brazil, USA, Russia etc. I know it’s all done on a per capita basis, but it still doesn’t feel right to me.

more relevant I think is comparisons to other SEAsian nations, then Asia generally, with worldwide comparisons bringing up the rear.

and as my mother always used to tell me, “don’t compare yourself with the worst,  compare yourself to the best. Then you know how you are doing.” ????

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Monday (May 31) reported 5,485 new COVID-19 cases and 19 additional deaths.

● 3,532 new infections
● 1,953 prison / prison infections

But it's all under control.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

more relevant I think is comparisons to other SEAsian nations, then Asia generally, with worldwide comparisons bringing up the rear.

That's why I included a pretty complete set of Asian neighboring countries in the charts.

17 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Hospitals restrict vaccine registration amid supply concerns

The Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) and several private hospitals were closing their registration procedures for vaccination against the Covid-19 virus on Monday.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) last week asked people to “slow down” their vaccine registration via the Mor Phrom Application due to limited supply of vaccines.

The locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will reportedly not be delivered in June as scheduled.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28085/hospitals-restrict-vaccine-registration-amid-supply-concerns/

And yet the Thai government says there is enough vaccine for everyone.

I guess time frame is the differentiating factor. There is enough, once it all arrives over the course of the next two years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Prayut asked parliament on Monday whether anyone had a better vaccine plan than the one put in place by the government. “I insist that there will be enough vaccine in June,” he said during the fiscal budget debate on Monday. #ประชุมสภา #วัคซีนโควิด19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1399288020633677828

Use a filter of some sort so as to avoid overwhelming the registration system. There are a number of options such as the last 2 digits on their ID card number but most thinking countries have chosen to use their age as a filter.

Jebu$! Who the **** is in charge here?

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's why I included a pretty complete set of Asian neighboring countries in the charts.

Indeed, I see them there. Quite illuminating I think, albeit that places like the Philippines and Myanmar  probably have even less transparency with their numbers and a place like Lao is very underpopulated. But Vietnam and Cambodia are very relevant comparisons I think.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will reportedly not be delivered in June as scheduled

But just the other day Anutin said that the AZ vaccine would be available with no problems as AZ's contract states that they will make up the shortage the lab can not make to meet the supposed monthly processing.  What the Heck is it, yes or no, if not Anutin needs to shut his piehole

Locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will be available for masses from June 7: Anutin (nationthailand.com)

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, Swimfan said:

Put yourself in this scenario. You are a Bangkok Taxi driver. You have lost 70% of your income now there are no international arrivals, you are struggling to stay afloat and put food on the table for your family. You have seen the horrendous field hospitals with people squashed in like sardines. You start to show mild symptoms of Covid.

What do you think he is going to do ?  

Instead they just jump off the bridge to the road below and commit suicide like I just saw on a news piece.  Taxi driver could not afford to pay his bills, his taxi payment, and was feeling ill, could not afford to live so he decided to end it all.  This is really getting sad that this Government is not taking care of it's people.  Now add in the fact that the promised AZ vaccine will not be available to meet the demands after promise after promise and you can see the frustration these people have.  No wonder suicides are up.  Ugh

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here's what the BBC website gives out eery morning. 

The UK big topic at present is the phenomenal rise in the recent Indian variant which has grabbed 75% of all new infections in the space of a few weeks and rendered 1st doses as having protection of well under 50%

Screenshot_20210531_095434_com.android.chrome.jpg

30 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Prayut asked parliament on Monday whether anyone had a better vaccine plan than the one put in place by the government. “I insist that there will be enough vaccine in June,” he said during the fiscal budget debate on Monday. #ประชุมสภา #วัคซีนโควิด19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1399288020633677828

This guy is out of touch with reality and truly believes the trash he spouts.  Does he even look at the briefing info he is given in regards to vaccines from AZ not being able to meet the delivery schedule for June.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

This guy is out of touch with reality and truly believes the trash he spouts.  Does he even look at the briefing info he is given in regards to vaccines from AZ not being able to meet the delivery schedule for June.  

The Government have ordered 500,000 doses of AZ from S Korea to make up the shortfall at a premium price. (BP this AM )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The Government have ordered 500,000 doses of AZ from S Korea to make up the shortfall at a premium price. (BP this AM )

Nice, but Anutin in another article from the BP indicated that AZ itself would have to make up the shortage not the Government.  Who is telling porkies now.......

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

NIce, but Anutin in another article from the BP indicated that AZ itself would have to make up the shortage not the Government.  Who is telling porkies now.......

The soup of deceit thickens.

• Thanks 1

and do not mind if the second shot is postponed.

Yes, who can be surprised how desperate people can get

when there's businesses closing and masses of people out of work due to lockdowns and restrictions?

No job...no money for household bills,

kids school fees and the like...

and bบออer-all welfare to help out.

Imagine what that would be like in the west?

We are seeing riots and protests in various countries now, and that's in places where people ARE receiving decent welfare and hand-outs.

It would be Anarchy id say.

I sometimes can't believe how well the Thais are coping with all this.

But then again i can't believe the way Australians are copping being held prisoner in their own country, not allowed to leave, and doing sweet FA about it.

There never was any power amongst sheeple i guess.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And yet the BMA announced more loosening of restrictions (in Bangkok) today, including "vital" services like tattoo parlours and skin piercing, museums, nail salons, massage parlours and (finally) parks and gardens.   More to come from 14 June, which will hopefully include schools.

But I can get my tattoo right?  Or a prince albert?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

and do not mind if the second shot is postponed.

Yes, who can be surprised how desperate people can get

when there's businesses closing and masses of people out of work due to lockdowns and restrictions?

No job...no money for household bills,

kids school fees and the like...

and bบออer-all welfare to help out.

Imagine what that would be like in the west?

We are seeing riots and protests in various countries now, and that's in places where people ARE receiving decent welfare and hand-outs.

It would be Anarchy id say.

I sometimes can't believe how well the Thais are coping with all this.

But then again i can't believe the way Australians are copping being held prisoner in their own country, not allowed to leave, and doing sweet FA about it.

There never was any power amongst sheeple i guess.

You bring up good points.  I had a friend in Nepal pass away from COVID and he was very much about getting the economy and tourism going again.  It was terrible for him and his family.  And for him to die of it (well, we're all assumptive it was because he couldn't breathe and there you die at home not at the hospital) was a horrible tragedy.  Most of his family is very sick right now.  It is out of control in Nepal.  

Gut wrenching is how I would describe it.  

Nobody cares about Australia and their first world problems.  

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

I wonder if 500k is enough? Wasn’t local production meant to be 6 mil in June? Don’t know exactly how much the shortfall is of course.

ChulaCovid19 vaccine is now in clinical trials.  Looks like the home team has been waiting for this one to use on the people as well. MRNA vaccine apparently with the help of Pfizer.  I mean that's what the TNN 16 news report I just listened to just spouted out.....well they did not spout it out but reported it.

i saw at least three people today without masks anywhere....nobody seemed to care.  I haven't seen one person worried at all in the last week.  Only 300 km away (OK, that is some distance), people were semi-panicked.  both with the same number of cases.

5485.......that's a legit number.   if it goes over 10,000...... well, i hope people take that number seriously

One could argue that these semi-lockdowns only create a sort of Darwinian race condition among viruses where the most easily infected virus version eventually wins. That is because the virus version that infected made the leap. Most likely was among the viruses that stayed infectious without corruption a bit longer outside or were more airborne or some other factor made the virus to survive intact long enough to find a new host. 

5000 cases per day among tens of millions of potential new hosts. There will be plenty of new hosts available for years to come unless vaccinated or it spreads like a wildfire to gain herd immunity. 

The Department of Corrections is reporting 1,953 new infections today and another death. In this latest wave, there have been 26,272 infections and nine deaths in 13 prisons. So far, 10,078 inmates have recovered #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1399329876084105216

• Like 1