Eateries in Red Zones to ask CCSA to increase dine-in seating to 50-75% of capacity

webfact

red.jpg

Operators of eateries in the four Red Zone provinces, including Bangkok, will propose that the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) further ease dine-in restrictions, by allowing them occupy 50-75% of their seating capacity, up from the current 25% limit.

Mrs. Thaniwan Kulamongkol, president of the Thai Restaurants Association, told Thai PBS that, since the current restrictions are due to expire today (Monday), the association will discuss its proposal with the Health Department.

She disclosed that there are more than 20,000 F&B outlets, which include restaurants, food shops and street stalls, which have passed the Thai Stop COVID Plus standard.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eateries-in-red-zones-to-ask-ccsa-to-increase-dine-in-seating-to-50-75-of-capacity/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At least tattoo studios can open from tomorrow!

Erm... I think the government have just done an about turn on todays earlier announcement. 

Earlier today it was announced that the following could open:

- Hair Salons 

- Nail Parlour / Tatoo parlour

- Beatuy centre / skin doctor, 

- Spa / Massage (foot massage and Thai massage only)

- Parks, Museums & Educational centres

But since that announcement there has been a further announcement which contradicts the initial announcement and those places of business are not allowed to re-open. 

There you have it.... The Thai government being extremely clear, not causing confusion, not changing their mind.... not confusing anyone at all !!!!!  (yes, for those unable to tell that last sentence is sarcasm !)

Edited by richard_smith237

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... I think the government have just done an about turn on todays earlier announcement. 

Earlier today it was announced that the following could open:

- Hair Salons 

- Nail Parlour / Tatoo parlour

- Beatuy centre / skin doctor, 

- Spa / Massage (foot massage and Thai massage only)

- Parks, Museums & Educational centres

But since that announcement there has been a further announcement which contradicts the initial announcement and those places of business are not allowed to re-open. 

There you have it.... The Thai government being extremely clear, not causing confusion, not changing their mind.... not confusing anyone at all !!!!!  (yes, for those unable to tell that last sentence is sarcasm !)

Indeed.  There goes my plan to run in the park and then get a tattoo tomorrow....  A right shambles.

Are they nuts?

I think the biggest problem is that groups of people are already using the restaurants to mingle. 25% too often means that there's one crowded table while there are three unoccupied tables. Allowing even more diners in would only aggravate this.

29 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Do you have a source for this?

It's not that I doubt you, I just can't find the news myself and would like to read it/share it with others.

Edit: Nevermind. Gf found the news. Sorry for the ping.

Edited by The Cipher
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

They are asking for a national disaster.

With the 'India' strain probably coming in regularly via refugees from warring next-door Myanmar and the new hybrid 'India UK' strain detected in nearby Vietnam.

By all means, do it and let's see how it goes.

Still pushing the "exponential spread" narrative? 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter