Hospitals restrict vaccine registration amid supply concerns

webfact

Whilst it's not really funny, I can't help but laugh at the situation in Thailand.

I have been very critical of the Siam Bioscience decision and never believed they would hit June dates, or deliver anywhere near the 16million doses they promised each month.

...but to see it actually happen is still quite shocking and disappointing for the Thai people.

Whats more shocking is just these last few days, The Cha Cha Czar has said there were plenty of vaccines for everyone and Bighead said that vaccines will arrive on the 7th June...tick tick tick...

Personally, I really couldn't care less. Im sure I'll get my Moderna eventually.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, club said:

Is mass vaccination day still on for June 7?

Yes 2022, or 2023, or 2024, But not this June 7th unless the vaccine just miraculously pours from the sky like manna.....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, I completed my first registration, and I must say I feel great.

Side effects limited to carpal tunnel syndrome, blurry vision and sore butt.

Looking forward to my next registration.

Got you beat, I registered on the Mor Prom app, then again on the Vimut Hospital sight and then at my hospital, now I need to have carpal tunnel surgery from pushing all of the buttons and working through the pages upon pages, but never fear I hear the vaccine is just around the corner hidden from view.....

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, newnative said:

Just the other day they were saying there's 'PLENTY' of vaccine.

In the report a few days ago, the Department of Medical Sciences (DMS) stated that they had received samples from 14 batches with an expected yield of 1-2 million per batch. So at that time there had been several million doses already produced by Siam Bioscience.

Only time will tell what constitutes 'PLENTY', it usually does.

The DMS Director General, Dr Supakit Sirilak announced today that the department has inspected and certified nine batches of AstraZeneca vaccine produced by Siam Biosciences, consisting of test batches and production batches.

He said the department has also received samples of five more batches from the manufacturer, which are being inspected in a process that normally takes three days.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/thailand-produced-astrazeneca-vaccine-passes-inspection-delivery-on-schedule-357374

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

In the report a few days ago, the Department of Medical Sciences (DMS) stated that they had received samples from 14 batches with an expected yield of 1-2 million per batch. So at that time there had been several million doses already produced by Siam Bioscience.

Only time will tell what constitutes 'PLENTY', it usually does.

Part of me suspects/hopes that they are sitting on between one and two milion doses, but are being overly cautious on testing and potential release. If there are any problems then the resulting issue would be a PR nigthmare - might bring down the government. So better to be careful, and even go without if there is any doubt.

Assume the emergency (swap?) 500,000 AZ doses from Korea are still in route and are acceptable?

Edited by mtls2005

'The CRA announced online that their registration has reached capacity, and it will not be registering any new patients to ensure vaccines are allocated to those who have registered'.           

I think it's very good. Someone knows both how many have registered and also how many vaccines are available. I'm sure many of us have worked for organisations where nobody would have the foresight, courage, (or gumption) to monitor and/or do anything. Registrations would continue to be accepted with zero appointments made.  

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Got you beat, I registered on the Mor Prom app, then again on the Vimut Hospital sight and then at my hospital, now I need to have carpal tunnel surgery from pushing all of the buttons and working through the pages upon pages, but never fear I hear the vaccine is just around the corner hidden from view.....

Same, but I'll raise you one CRA registration.

6 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

It is irresponsible for a news org to make such a irresponsible statement without any details.  It's not relevant whether I personally believe that the AZ will or will not be available, as repeatedly proclaimed by the government, but to claim that it will not be because it is "reportedly" such the case is BS.  Who reported this? When?  This journalism is equivalent to a what was the common approach by another country's administration who repeatedly, for four years, spread lies and hurt so many people because the top official would state "I heard that" or "Many people said".....and then continue to state whatever it was as a now factual condition...

Give me FACTS and DATA!

Journalism cannot operate without freedom of access. Some news I've read is that SB will not allow the news media into their production facilities. Unlike other covid 19 production facilities in Western countries.

Nor does the government seem interested to make its own audit of SB's alleged production volume. 

FACTS and DATA is not allowed. Maybe because the result might oddly become a criminal offense?

Actually many people around the food tables seen this coming.  As much as people arent supposed  to talk about short comings, or as its put," false information  about covid," much of what is said comes to pass.  So does this mean ....what does this mean?  I rrad just yesterday  that the Prime  Minister  said there is enough vaccine... so what does this mean

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

I think it's very good. Someone knows both how many have registered and also how many vaccines are available. I'm sure many of us have worked for organisations where nobody would have the foresight, courage, (or gumption) to monitor and/or do anything. Registrations would continue to be accepted with zero appointments made.  

I'm sure the Chulaborn Royal Academy appreciates your recognition of their "gumption". Or they might have if we were back in the late 1800's.

They bought 1 MM doses, mostly on spec for companies like PTT and their employees.

You do realize that this only applies to CRA right?

And that, "The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) last week asked people to “slow down” their vaccine registration via the Mor Phrom Application due to limited supply of vaccines."

"Slow down". As in not really stop.

Equating "registrations" to "reservations" seems flawed.

And just yesterday the government urged foreigners to register for vaccines as well as assuring the public that there are "plenty of vaccines for everyone." 

The bureaucrats from clown-world destroy public trust on a daily basis and then double-down to pave over the previous porkies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

And just yesterday the government urged foreigners to register for vaccines as well as assuring the public that there are "plenty of vaccines for everyone." 

The bureaucrats from clown-world destroy public trust on a daily basis and then double-down to pave over the previous porkies.

I know how you feel. Their problem here is they have to many different people making Misleading statements and it seems to be getting worse

The biggest problem Thailand has faced for a long time and something that has never affected so many people before and they can't come up with a reasonable response to WHEN. I suppose when you've got millions in the bank your not really bothered.

13 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

It is irresponsible for a news org to make such a irresponsible statement without any details.  It's not relevant whether I personally believe that the AZ will or will not be available, as repeatedly proclaimed by the government, but to claim that it will not be because it is "reportedly" such the case is BS.  Who reported this? When?  This journalism is equivalent to a what was the common approach by another country's administration who repeatedly, for four years, spread lies and hurt so many people because the top official would state "I heard that" or "Many people said".....and then continue to state whatever it was as a now factual condition...

Give me FACTS and DATA!

So you only want official government released news and stats then? I strongly suggest that you go live in China or Russia, where you will clearly be very happy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand doesn't have enough vaccine for its own netizens, and it also looks like Siam Bioscience is going to fall short on delivery to some of its ASEAN neighbors. Real sh*t-storm brewing... https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/first-astrazeneca-vaccine-exports-thailand-philippines-delayed-govt-adviser-2021-06-01/

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 6:59 PM, w94005m said:

So you only want official government released news and stats then? I strongly suggest that you go live in China or Russia, where you will clearly be very happy. 

While you may strongly suggest, your inability to capture the point of my post that news, of any type, from any source, should not report a situation or condition without providing substantiation. Your lack of attention to the statement and comprehension is the fact, I strongly suggest....