Car number plates with coconut trees, are they official ? and it seems that many cars do not have the official car plates, is it accepted by cops ?

hi,

I know how looks the official car plates from government but I can see many cars with decorative car plates or even plain white as the authentic plates, but without the official signs from the government.

Do you know if cops accept any car number plate or if car owners just pay when they are caught ? If the plate is plain white with black number, but made by a local shop, maybe cops do not check too closely ?

any idea ? thanks,

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 4:37 PM, from the home of CC said:

wow! this is just stunning info!

why don't you sell more ads so you can bring back the world news, my heart can't take these earth rattling stories..

This is the Motoring forum, not the World News forum, perhaps that's why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Yes its the case. No they are not cheap.

I don't know the price. But a second hand car i looked at a while ago had one, and the owner said it was worth 30K. I think this also depends on if it has a lucky number.. Anyway the numberplate was not included in the sale, he wanted to transfer it to his new car.

The decorative plates are auctioned off once or twice a year, only special 'cherished' or auspicious numbers, the least popular ones seem to go for around 50,000 

there are also fake transparent covers to make the normal white plate look like the special auctioned design ones which are of course illegal