International tourists to be tempted back to Phuket with hotel rooms for just $1

webfact

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

How about 50% discount on all beers?

How about , sharing a can of Archa.

Times are hard, in the North .

2 hours ago, webfact said:

‘One Night, One Dollar

2 hours ago, webfact said:

If successful, the campaign could generate 40 billion baht for hotels in Phuket throughout July

One night one dollar eh ..

and there goes a vicar with no collar as that is the likelyness of it ultimately working out as " only one dollars prease " .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I wonder why it reminds me of the trips of the Chinese for $ 1 accused of scams, where the scam is ?

The scam is: it's not going to happen

imo it sounds more like a pathetic attempt to create a buzz

in the hope to attract again some attention on phuket  from

the international travelers

doing that with a fake news + false hopes to lure few tourists seems to be their choice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

Are you kidding? What do you think? And gullible is not the right word.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The cost reduction maybe because the detail's of the sandpit are emerging and they appear to be exactly the same just harder and more expensive than 14 day ASQ????

Whats more expensive? 

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

Whats more expensive? 

Flying to Phuket for a start and the probability of propping up Thai airways as this will be the only carrier from some countries one can see it coming without a crystal ball ????

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

I think they are talking about vaccinated tourists from other countries not from here in Thailand .

To be clear, if you are vaccinated, you can travel to Phuket without quarantine or the requirement for a PCR test.

7 hours ago, Walkabout said:

Does this mean 7 days for 7 $, even 30 days for 30$?

Yes, but you will have to change hotel daily.

After 30 days you will have the whole check-out/ check-in routine down to a fine art, but you will have no idea what side of the bed to get out of in the morning. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, WineOh said:

No idea.

I'm usually able to pull normal girls when I'm there, especially if I hit the bars that are full of horny English birds on hen parties and dirty weekends away from their husbands...

You a regular bar finer then mate yeh?

My original reply in error, moved to another post.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

To be clear, if you are vaccinated, you can travel to Phuket without quarantine or the requirement for a PCR test.

I have a few friends in BKK and down south planning to get to Phuket using that route. I jumped ship and left Thailand for Dubai on 23rd May, got my first vaccine jab on 24th May, second jab arranged for 14th June and hopefully back to Phuket beginning of July. A small gamble but hope it pays off ????, else will do ASQ again . Some of my golfing friends here in UAE are hoping to join me so let's see how that transpires. Six hour flight for them and no quarantine on return. Yes it's rainy season in Thailand but it's summer season here!! No rain and 42 to 44 C. We will all know more (hopefully!) in the next couple of weeks.

Rumour from Patong is that small bars may open on 10th June. Not important and only gossip but having worked there for 30 years, my missus is normally in the know.......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

How bludy good is that!!!

I was going to head down in July anyway. What a bonus.

One dollar hotel rooms, you can't complain about that, that's for sure.

Oh, wait, I forgot. This is TVF, so the usual moaners will still complain.

Carry on.

Well...let us all know how your holiday goes.  If it works out as true and the bars and everything else is ope , the I will also go there. 

But I don't want to go if it's going to be a ghost town and all the shops and bars shut up.