International tourists to be tempted back to Phuket with hotel rooms for just $1

webfact

24 minutes ago, bipper said:

There is a pattern here...moaning about the moaning moaners who moan on here a lot. It's deep!

TV.COM for your daily dose of moan 3 times a day after Leos.

I've just reserved the webpage: moaning.com

• Like 2

Hmm - last time I visited Phuket a beer costed 180 baht, in Chiang Mai the same beer costed 80 baht. A roti pancake costed 130 baht in Phuket, in Chiang Mai is costs 20-30 baht. And the list goes on and on and on....

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

One night $1 , every other night at normal cost  its not explained very well as per usual ?

You forgot the Thai logic of first night $1 but a bottle of Chang beer 800 baht and 2200 baht for a club sandbox, sorry, club sandwich ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

One night $1 , every other night at normal cost  its not explained very well as per usual ?

The other nights will be at a premium to cover the 1$ plus money lost over the past 2 years anybody that thinks this country will give you anything for free is living with the fairy's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Showtime said:

What this article is completely missing it is $1 for your first night only.  It is not $1 per night for however many nights you stay.

As a paying customers I will expect a discount if I stay more than one night.

5 night for $3 seem fair!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, WineOh said:

just tourists???

what about us pound shop expats?

can I pay for a full year in advance? 365 dollars?

will it have a pool and balcony? 

room service?

A/C?

will the room be cleaned daily?

I don't think I'm asking too much for my dollar really, considering it IS in Phuket....

You are lucky being able to afford buying stuff in pound and dollar stores,all i can do is

go to the 20 baht shops and try for a discount.!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You are lucky being able to afford buying stuff in pound and dollar stores,all i can do is

go to the 20 baht shops and try for a discount.!

Sarcasm–the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.

Similar to Winston Churchill's quote:

Diplomacy - "the ability to tell someone to 'go to Hell' in ways they will enjoy the trip".

12 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Well...let us all know how your holiday goes.  If it works out as true and the bars and everything else is ope , the I will also go there. 

But I don't want to go if it's going to be a ghost town and all the shops and bars shut up. 

If you mean the hooker bars for western men I doubt they would be open as that wouldn't be a good idea covid wise.

And I don't real care about shopping.

I will let you know.

20 hours ago, WineOh said:

just tourists???

what about us pound shop expats?

can I pay for a full year in advance? 365 dollars?

will it have a pool and balcony? 

room service?

A/C?

will the room be cleaned daily?

I don't think I'm asking too much for my dollar really, considering it IS in Phuket....

ask em  how  much for an etxra  bed  in the room,  ill  hop  on board but $1 that  ott.

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As of June 1, vaccinated individuals can go to Phuket without quarantine or need for a PCR test. And hotel rooms are cheap.

so, yeah, I might give it a try, even before July 1.

Flights BKK-HKT are 1000 baht.

Lucky you to be fully vaccinated. Oh, and you do need a test by the way.

and they forgot to mention to bring your umbrella because it’s the rainy season and we are getting some rain each day. But no need to pack your snorkel and flippers, the sea on the tourist popular western beaches (Patong, kata, Karon) is too rough for swimming and so red flags are flying.

and pick out a nice approved hotel because you can’t just pick any old hotel and don’t be surprised if you find you have to eat in that hotel. No wandering around of course, selected mini buses will take you round the island.

Alcoholic drink? No way Jose.

but yup, welcome to come. Have a ball.

Let's hear it for just paying a fair price with no deliberately concealed extras.

Customers are not looking for cheap gimmicks, they are looking for value and upfront customer service with a smile.

With the view of attracting them to return and to recommend to others.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As of June 1, vaccinated individuals can go to Phuket without quarantine or need for a PCR test. And hotel rooms are cheap.

so, yeah, I might give it a try, even before July 1.

Flights BKK-HKT are 1000 baht.

Come on down,  It rains daily........