International tourists to be tempted back to Phuket with hotel rooms for just $1

webfact

17 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Brilliant.  1 million room nights at an average 2,000/night costs the government 2 billion.  But wait, Phuket is going to make 40 billion so each of the 1 million room nights is going to generate 38,000 from the tourists.  Well heeled they are indeed.

Dont forget it says 'One' 1$. Every other night is 10,000 baht!!!!5555????????????????????????????????

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

They take you to a hospital for the full test.  If you fail that, then yes, you'll have to quarantine.  Same thing other countries are doing.

That is what the insurance is for. People complain about Thailands response Hong Kong is a nightmare with an actual concentration camp near Penny's Bay (Disneyland area). Thousands of people have been locked up for 21 days on only a presumption of infection due to cases in the same condo block or contact tracing. 

I will go to Bangkok for my second Thai quar-ren-ten in two weeks. And PCR test number #13, #14, #15, and #16! Now fully vaccinated I had been looking forward to the 7 day stint, what a disappointment, and for no good reason. What is the worst thing that can happen a few weeks of hospital food and pretty Nurses? I will take my chances hope they have WiFi.

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/02/27/steve-vines-does-hong-kongs-quarantine-centre-need-to-be-quite-so-hellish/

https://www.otandp.com/blog/surviving-prolonged-government-quarantine-my-personal-experience

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

That is what the insurance is for. People complain about Thailands response Hong Kong is a nightmare with an actual concentration camp near Penny's Bay (Disneyland area). Thousands of people have been locked up for 21 days on only a presumption of infection due to cases in the same condo block or contact tracing. 

I will go to Bangkok for my second Thai quar-ren-ten in two weeks. And PCR test number #13, #14, #15, and #16! Now fully vaccinated I had been looking forward to the 7 day stint, what a disappointment, and for no good reason. What is the worst thing that can happen a few weeks of hospital food and pretty Nurses? I will take my chances hope they have WiFi.

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/02/27/steve-vines-does-hong-kongs-quarantine-centre-need-to-be-quite-so-hellish/

Best of luck to you!  I'm not sure I could do a 2 week quarantine.  I'm off to the US for a Pfizer jab soon.  Won't come back until there is no quarantine.  And yes, I'm aware it could be a very long time.  I'm OK with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Best of luck to you!  I'm not sure I could do a 2 week quarantine.  I'm off to the US for a Pfizer jab soon.  Won't come back until there is no quarantine.  And yes, I'm aware it could be a very long time.  I'm OK with that.

There will  be a shorter mandated quarantine hopefully soon but if you insist on no quarantine you won't be back to Thailand for years then. Asia is bat-crazy and the Aussies won't even let their vaccinated citizens leave until summer 2022 at the earliest, let alone allow tourists

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The scam is: it's not going to happen

imo it sounds more like a pathetic attempt to create a buzz

in the hope to attract again some attention on phuket  from

the international travelers

doing that with a fake news + false hopes to lure few tourists seems to be their choice

It is possible, but I think he is the minister of tourism under pressure from the influential owners of the tourism infrastructure, so why not copy what the Chinese of Thailand did two years ago with $ 1 night by indirectly returning a lot of money from tourists. Otherwise the government that has no money even to buy vaccines, for which it is now asking the governors of the provinces if they have money to buy vaccines.

The government obtained a loan of 250 billion dollars only under certain strict conditions will it never be able to accept this proposal from its minister Pipa.

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

So now instead of the lyric "One night in Bangkok, and the world's your oyster" we will sing One night in Phuket for just one dollar"...

OK now someone put words to a song and we all sing along on the plane or FLOATING BUS.

another poorly planned attempt to spend tax revenue on propping up poorly run venues .if this was to work it would probably last a month or 2 at best.strongly against anything that distorts the market.this is unworkable for many reasons.for a start - if you dont make the compensation scheme- all the trade goes to venues that do.undervaluing the market like this destoys the last few viable businesses.This is just a headline trying to grab attention,and best ignored

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah.  Curious as to how this will work out.  Hmmm.....

Exactly, looks like my plans will be getting canceled unless I decide after flying to the US, vaccinating, taking care of business is worth spending 2 weeks in quarantine here in Bangkok one street over from my condo.  Can wave to my GF from the quarantine window.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, looks like my plans will be getting canceled unless I decide after flying to the US, vaccinating, taking care of business is worth spending 2 weeks in quarantine here in Bangkok one street over from my condo.  Can wave to my GF from the quarantine window.

I'm leaving in 2 weeks.  Not coming back until this is sorted out.  And I'm fully aware it could be a long time.  Already got flights booked to the Grenadines.  Bequia is an absolutely lovely place to ride out this storm, with lots of long term rentals available!  LOL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Would that be the fourth wave?

I think we could all do without any more waves!

• Haha 1