Vaccine

splodger

5 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

The information that the O.P. seeks is not on that topic at the current time. There have been many flip flops. I would say to ask the question again on June 7 or a few days after.

• Like 1

The lack of clear information or guidance from Chonburi province, or even Pattaya city officials, is disturbing.  Global pandemic, wave after wave of covid cases and not a peep to help foreigners get a vaccine.

Edited by TimBKK
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

The lack of clear information or guidance from Chonburi province, or even Pattaya city officials, is disturbing.  Global pandemic, wave after wave of covid cases and not a peep to help foreigners get a vaccine.

Yes, I think its very weird actually. 

We've seen reports of explicit vaccine outreach to expats in other major expat centers (Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Phuket, Bangkok, Samui) but here nothing. 

I can't even imagine an explanation for that.

What are we as Pattaya expats, chopped liver?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I have had reports from friends in Chiang Mai that starting last week the farang registration process was announced and worked in practice. People could & did physically register in various locations including Big C, as well as via an online form. Additionally I know of four (all over 60, who seemed to have had priority) people who went along to a city centre hospital & secured vaccine appointments for July. This is exactly the sort of system we need here in Pattaya.

I don't know how many expat farangs live here; thousands rather than hundreds at a guess; but I am sure that we will soon find out how to register and obtain a vaccine, weeks rather than months.

I think the main problem now is that the Chonburi Governor does not yet know for certain how many vaccines the province is getting and when it will be getting them.

21 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't know how many expat farangs live here; thousands rather than hundreds at a guess; but I am sure that we will soon find out how to register and obtain a vaccine, weeks rather than months.

I think the main problem now is that the Chonburi Governor does not yet know for certain how many vaccines the province is getting and when it will be getting them.

I'm glad to hear that you feel sure of that.

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The information that the O.P. seeks is not on that topic at the current time. There have been many flip flops. I would say to ask the question again on June 7 or a few days after.

My friend is registered does she get notified when and where to go to get vaccinated ? She is Thai

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry2 said:

I have had reports from friends in Chiang Mai that starting last week the farang registration process was announced and worked in practice. People could & did physically register in various locations including Big C, as well as via an online form. Additionally I know of four (all over 60, who seemed to have had priority) people who went along to a city centre hospital & secured vaccine appointments for July. This is exactly the sort of system we need here in Pattaya.

this is the online form for chiangmai
https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR/

Champers. The thing is the numbers of vaccine each province gets is in the lap of the gods & depends a lot on Astra local production figures. But that shouldn't stop them having a working system to allow farang to register & for the authorities to potentially prioritise those over 60 or with a serious medical issue. Having a functioning online system of course is best as it stops large crowds unnecessarily forming. Another thread showed that expats were unable to register in person via their local government office even after queuing & possessing documents like a yellow card etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I can't even imagine an explanation for that.

It's the usual. When your city/province is run by a family from a certain type of background, then the old "Money Number One" saying takes on a new significance. They and their cronies are simply doing what comes naturally to them, to monetise the situation to their own best advantage, and hang everybody else.

20 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It's the usual. When your city/province is run by a family from a certain type of background, then the old "Money Number One" saying takes on a new significance. They and their cronies are simply doing what comes naturally to them, to monetise the situation to their own best advantage, and hang everybody else.

Not going to comment on that  but there is an odd problem that Pattaya faces. 

Most Thais here are not recorded as residents here. Instead they are recorded in their back home areas.

Most expats here as well are not recorded as local residents. 

So how many doses are needed here? A heck of a lot more than the number of official residents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not going to comment on that  but there is an odd problem that Pattaya faces. 

Most Thais here are not recorded as residents here. Instead they are recorded in their back home areas.

Most expats here as well are not recorded as local residents. 

So how many doses are needed here? A heck of a lot more than the number of official residents.

Again, you seem determined to ignore the Migrant Worker group.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Again, you seem determined to ignore the Migrant Worker group.

Actually I've been  very clear that this is an EXPAT forum so if expats aren't going to get full emphasis here, then where will that happen?

Do you think either Thais or migrant workers are reading this forum for information about how to get access to vaccines?

As far as migrant workers my understanding is that some are officially registered and some aren't. So you'd be correct in pointing the latter group out as another factor in undercoumting residents here. 

So that's a fair point.

But sorry your post was obviously motivated as a personal attack towards me which can easily be seen in the wording. Not cool.

Edited by Jingthing

16 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Additionally I know of four (all over 60, who seemed to have had priority) people who went along to a city centre hospital & secured vaccine appointments for July.

Being allowed to make a booking, and actually being vaccinated, are two very different things.  

6 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Champers. The thing is the numbers of vaccine each province gets is in the lap of the gods & depends a lot on Astra local production figures. But that shouldn't stop them having a working system to allow farang to register & for the authorities to potentially prioritise those over 60 or with a serious medical issue. Having a functioning online system of course is best as it stops large crowds unnecessarily forming. Another thread showed that expats were unable to register in person via their local government office even after queuing & possessing documents like a yellow card etc.

I agree that Chonburi is behind the game with regards to people getting registered for the jab, but they are not out of the game. A tourist destination simply cannot exclude a segment of residents from the process because it will deter tourists from coming here.

I don't believe that those in charge here are sure how to proceed and are waiting on instructions from their masters in Bangkok, who are reportedly discussing this very topic today.

When I talk of segments of the population I do not mean expats/retirees alone. There are likely more people working in Pattaya whose home address is a province other than Chonburi or a country other than Thailand. This issue is germane to Bangkok and surrounding provinces, border towns and tourist centres. The Government has to find a solution and I would rather it comes from Bangkok where the expertise from science and the senior civil service is; moreso than a Governor best known for being a provincial strongman.

We will see sooner rather than later, hopefully. Stay safe.????

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually I've been  very clear that this is an EXPAT forum so if expats aren't going to get full emphasis here, then where will that happen?

Do you think either Thais or migrant workers are reading this forum for information about how to get access to vaccines?

As far as migrant workers my understanding is that some are officially registered and some aren't. So you'd be correct in pointing the latter group out as another factor in undercoumting residents here. 

So that's a fair point.

But sorry your post was obviously motivated as a personal attack towards me which can easily be seen in the wording. Not cool.

Would a foreigner with a work permit be considered a migrant worker?  Will they be given preference over retired foreigners?  

16 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How can you say no to the first question, but yes to the second question?  

I meant that migrant workers such as Burmese construction workers are a higher priority to vaccinate (as they've associated with infection clusters) than retired expats.

Edited by Jingthing

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Perhaps why registration is being required. My Mrs registered and as you say, her ID claims she lives where born. 

The authorities need to know how many vaccines are required, then they can arrange a small fraction of that to be sent. 

Macro figures, to give you an idea of the scale of the vaccination target Thailand has set itself, to meet the government's stated goal of 100m vaccinations by year end, ( 70% herd immunity ), as of Thursday an average of 454,719 jabs per day need to be achieved through to Dec 31st.  June figures so far, 1st - 88,859, 2nd - 205,692, 3rd - 56,019.

Watching to see how close they can get daily to that 455k figure when the bigger rollout begins in a couple of days, and whether the supply is sustainable from the various sources to match their ambitious target.

Edited by kinyara
Duplication

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Macro figures, to give you an idea of the scale of the vaccination target Thailand has set itself, to meet the government's stated goal of 100m vaccinations by year end, ( 70% herd immunity ), as of Thursday an average of 454,719 jabs per day need to be achieved through to Dec 31st.  June figures so far, 1st - 88,859, 2nd - 205,692, 3rd - 56,019.

Watching to see how close they can get daily to that 455k figure when the bigger rollout begins in a couple of days, and whether the supply is sustainable from the various sources to match their ambitious target.

I concur.

Using the conservative figures of 65% of the population being vaccinated, rather than 70%, and starting the 1st June, even though it's the 5th June, they will have to vaccinate 433,500 people a day, nation wide, to reach 65% of the Thai population being vaccinated by 31st December.  65% being the minimum doctors recommend for herd immunity, but the higher the better.

Here's the math:

70,000,000 Thai people x 65% = 45,500,000 Thai's needing to be vaccinated, twice.  

45,500,000 x 2 = 91,000,000 vaccinations have to be administered.  

7 months x 30 days per month = 210 days left in 2021.

91,000,000 vaccinations / 210 days = 433,333 vaccinations need to be administered per day, everyday, until 31st December 2021.

433,333 vaccinations per day / 24 hours in a day = 18,055 vaccinations per hour, 24/7.    

Later this month, we will have an insight into Thailand's vaccination rate capabilities.   

I saw a photo-op with the usual faces greeting the arrival of an additional 1.6m Sinovac doses, a bit hollow when you realise that only equates to 4 days supply of the levels they need to be administering to reach their goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I saw a photo-op with the usual faces greeting the arrival of an additional 1.6m Sinovac doses, a bit hollow when you realise that only equates to 4 days supply of the levels they need to be administering to reach their goal.

Yes.

Thailand's vaccination supply isn't keeping up with the rates needed to meet the deadline they have put forward.  

More Thai smoke and mirrors.  

Edited by Leaver

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

You sure it was not the 1.8m locally produced vaccines?