Does COVID-19 origin really matter?

snoop1130

As as ALWAYS the case with these people, I pointed out over 10 irrefutable examples of his horrific actions that had a very large part in over 500,000 deaths due to covid (trust me, I could've gone for much longer), and they just ignore every point that was made to defend him. Even though he has less respect but more disdain for them than probably anyone else in the world.

Just think about the fact that he spent 4 years trying to destroy the American Care Act because Obama made it happen, and even though it's the only thing that keeps a very large segment of his base alive with reasonable medical costs. And yet they'll support something that would literally kill them, just to support him.

Because he's a horrifically cruel person who views sympathy as a weakness, and by supporting him, that gives them a reason to be ***holes

The cruelty is the point

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 8:29 PM, riclag said:

Yes ,the world must demand a explanation for the  families of the  3 million who have died , especially if could happen again in another form of contagion, from the same source !

Investigate the origin !

Should be investigated last year with a simple exeutive order for a special investigation like 9/11. He seem not keen to investigate. Drop the ball again. 

44 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Should be investigated last year with a simple exeutive order for a special investigation like 9/11. He seem not keen to investigate. Drop the ball again. 

You mean the previous administration should have just sent armed people across the border into China shooting everything in their path and taking over the wet market and the lab, and told the CCP to like it or lump it? I like that idea. Because we know there were all kinds of "intelligence" people sitting on their asses in DC studying this and coming up with the wrong answers all through 2020.

No "investigation" needed however. It walks like a duck and talks like a duck and I'm satisfied that it's a duck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enzian said:

You mean the previous administration should have just sent armed people across the border into China shooting everything in their path and taking over the wet market and the lab, and told the CCP to like it or lump it? I like that idea. Because we know there were all kinds of "intelligence" people sitting on their asses in DC studying this and coming up with the wrong answers all through 2020.

No "investigation" needed however. It walks like a duck and talks like a duck and I'm satisfied that it's a duck.

No silly. Just ask Trump. He admitted having evidence coronavirus originated from the Chinese lab. "Yes, I have. Yes, I have" affirmative acknowledgement that he has evidence when asked by reporters at the WH. The same intelligent people are driving the infection and deaths down with new leadership at the WH. 

9 hours ago, scorecard said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Let's see that proof, then, the audio or video of Trump saying "the Coronavirus is fake".   I won't hold my breath.

No need, this exact point has been covered numerous times by many media outlets.

"...this exact point has been covered numerous times by many media outlets".

That's my point, exactly, there is a need for evidence if you're going to continue with false claims.   

Not one of those media outlets has yet to produce an unedited, in context video of Trump saying "Covid-19 is fake" or "a hoax" that people such as you love to claim.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's my point, exactly, there is a need for evidence if you're going to continue with false claims.   

Not one of those media outlets has yet to produce an unedited, in context video of Trump saying "Covid-19 is fake" or "a hoax" that people such as you love to claim.

I believe they have.

Have you given your spiel to donald trump, and insisted that he produce video etc., evidence to prove his many claims of things/comments being fake/hoak, many in regard to Covid 19, and numerous other subjects? 

1 minute ago, scorecard said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I believe they have.

Should be easy to find an example of what you claim, then, shouldn't it?   "I believe they have" isn't very convincing!

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Have you given your spiel to donald trump, and insisted that he produce video etc., evidence to prove his many claims of things/comments being fake/hoak, many in regard to Covid 19, and numerous other subjects? 

No, obviously not, but then those deflecting claims of yours aren't what's being discussed here.    So far, no one has produced anything in which Trump is saying "Covid is fake, or a hoax" as they, and you, claim he has said.  I wonder why? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, placnx said:

Pasteur has a unit in Shanghai, I believe. Actually, Alain Mérieux, who is not connected with the vaccine company Pasteur-Mérieux, was involved in organizing the lab construction.

Cherchez who was with BioMérieux and is now CEO of Moderna...

18 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

No, biosafety-related accidents definitely do NOT happen all the time and actually are very rare, especially in industry where compliance is taken very seriously.  During much of my time in industry I was the on-site biosafety officer at the different companies I worked for.  In 20 years I saw only one accident and that was in a BSL2 level facility involving the breakage of test tubes containing human blood samples during centrifugation.  This was operator error - someone who lacked experience and was not being supervised properly.  Luckily there are protocols in place to handle this sort of situation and they were observed.  With human blood samples you always assume they are from HIV/HBV/HCV-positive patients and treat them as infectious.  The centrifuge was left closed for a period of time and then later disinfected.  Later an incident report was written up and filed. As I said this is taken seriously and gets more serious with higher risk-group pathogens.

If accidents happened all the time we'd be awash in smallpox, anthrax, ebola, pandemic influenza and hanta virus infections released from the labs that work on these pathogens.

Ebola and other serious viruses should be handled in BL4 labs, but in China that's not the case, and Bat Woman a/k/a Shi Zhengli worked in a BL2 lab:

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/

See the section titled in bold: "The safety arrangements at the Wuhan Institute of Virology"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, none of what I said was a lie.    Nothing in that link actually quotes the full context of Trump saying that "the Covid virus was fake or a hoax".   That's because he never said that.  If you have a link to an audio or video of Trump saying those words, let's see it.  

And he was responsible for getting the drug companies to produce vaccines in unprecedented record time.  

He said the number of people who had the virus was fake news. Which is what I linked to.

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, none of what I said was a lie.    Nothing in that link actually quotes the full context of Trump saying that "the Covid virus was fake or a hoax".   That's because he never said that.  If you have a link to an audio or video of Trump saying those words, let's see it.  

And he was responsible for getting the drug companies to produce vaccines in unprecedented record time.  

Expand  

He said the number of people who had the virus was fake news. Which is what I linked to.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/14/trump-coronavirus-alerts-disinformation-timeline

If that is the link you mean, I can't see any mention of his saying that "the number of people who had the virus is fake news".   What date in that link was his quote?

I'm sure it must be there, if you say that it is, I just can't locate it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/14/trump-coronavirus-alerts-disinformation-timeline

If that is the link you mean, I can't see any mention of his saying that "the number of people who had the virus is fake news".   What date in that link was his quote?

OK try this.

Its the last link I am going to provide you with. You are perfectly able to use google the same as everyone else.

Trump Said CDC's COVID Tracker Is 'Fake News' and Agency Exaggerates Cases (businessinsider.com)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:
45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

OK try this.

Its the last link I am going to provide you with. You are perfectly able to use google the same as everyone else.

Trump Said CDC's COVID Tracker Is 'Fake News' and Agency Exaggerates Cases (businessinsider.com)

OK, you try this...

That link does not quote Trump as saying "Covid is fake/hoax".    Even if it was, it'd just be something reported by the media as being something Trump said, not something showing him actually saying it.   

All I've been asking for is for the posters who claim that Trump said "Covid is fake" to provide a link to an audio or video of Trump actually saying "Covid is fake".  So far, no one can.  There's a reason for that.

By the way, if the video really exists, why should I have to search for it?   I'm not the one who started the "Trump said Covid is fake" claim here which is what this discussion was initially about and, so far, no member making that claim has been able to put their money where their mouth is.

I appreciate your confirmation that you won't provide any more links that don't address the "Covid/Coronavirus is fake" claim, that's a relief.

Here you go:

As I mentioned in a previous post, this was at a rally, where in the midst of constantly lying to the public saying that Covid is nothing to worry about because it's no worse than the flu and will be gone shortly, he referred to  the covid situation as being democratic hoax to harm him.

Of course the next day when people went in on him over the comments, he claimed that he MEANT to say that the hoax was criticism over how he was handling covid.  Which of course makes no sense because as of Feb 28, there were very few cases in the US yet and there wasn't much to criticize yet. And of course when foxnews spent the next few weeks parroting his initial remarks that covid itself was a democratic hoax and nothing to worry about, his administration didn't correct them

That was one of his biggest strategies.  He'd lie or say something horrible or damaging, and then the next day his team would tell us that we can't take the words of the POTUS seriously and that there was a secondary meaning or that he was just joking. But of course, foxnews would continue the lie, giving him cover while furthering his agenda

And the MAGAts would just eat it up

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

OK, you try this...

That link does not quote Trump as saying "Covid is fake/hoax".    Even if it was, it'd just be something reported by the media as being something Trump said, not something showing him actually saying it.   

All I've been asking for is for the posters who claim that Trump said "Covid is fake" to provide a link to an audio or video of Trump actually saying "Covid is fake".  So far, no one can.  There's a reason for that.

By the way, if the video really exists, why should I have to search for it?   I'm not the one who started the "Trump said Covid is fake" claim here which is what this discussion was initially about and, so far, no member making that claim has been able to put their money where their mouth is.

I appreciate your confirmation that you won't provide any more links that don't address the "Covid/Coronavirus is fake" claim, that's a relief.

As I stated earlier its a link to where he claims the number of covid cases is fake news.

The problem with trying to rewrite history is that you need to wait till everyone who was around at the time is already dead.

Your attempted pedantry is not working. Trump clearly claimed the numbers infected with covid was fake news. It was all media hoax. Caused by the Democratic party.

I will engage you no further in this discussion because you obviously refuse to see what is before you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Well let's be realistic, many people wouldn't believe anything he said, given the number* of blatant/obvious lies he made before he was elected, while he was the president and during his rallies to try to get reelected. Would you ever believe anything this liar said, or trust him?

(* Counted in the several thousands.)

On 6/5/2021 at 7:10 AM, friendofthai said:

Virus does not leave traces. There should be no illusions that its origin could be tracked down. I can imagine that again Colin Powell will try to shake his lovely test tube "with COVID from Wuhan lab" in UN . And thousands young western guys will have to try on a new military uniform.

Suddenly we see the same opinion from a Chinese official -

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.48.12 PM.png

2 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Suddenly we see the same opinion from a Chinese official -

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.48.12 PM.png

Interesting that you quoted your own post. Well, the resistance of the Chinese government, lack of transparency in the face of serious questions will make many think of Saddam and the inspectors in the period before the war in 2003. Other governments would like to know what China is doing in all those virus labs, not just what happened already.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Your attempted pedantry is not working. Trump clearly claimed the numbers infected with covid was fake news.

Your attempted understanding of what my comments related to is not working, either.   

I was reacting to posters claiming that Trump had said that Covid-!9, the virus, was fake, that's all.  Disputing a false claim is not pedantry.

Neither I, nor the poster I responded to originally, was commenting on the number of infections, you brought that up.

• 1 year later...