Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotels aim to transform into hybrid facilities

snoop1130

cf855c7037d7eb53b9476901040232f9_small.jpg

PHUKET (NNT) - Alternative state quarantine (ASQ) hotels want to transform into hybrid facilities during the second half of this year, as the reopening plan under “Phuket sandbox” model starts to affect bookings.

ASQ-ALQ Club Thailand President Prin Pathanatham said demand at ASQ hotels has been decreasing since May, after Phuket and other provinces required a negative COVID-19 test result from unvaccinated visitors.

The average occupancy for ASQ hotels in May dropped to 30-35% from 45-50% in April, while most of them have hardly seen any advance bookings after June 15, because people are waiting for quarantine-free entry to Phuket.

He said revenue in the second half of this year is likely to plunge, once the reopening plan moves forward, and ASQ operators have to monitor the situation and re-evaluate their business models. In the last quarter, hotels will opt for the hybrid model, providing split operations by buildings or floors between quarantined and regular services.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-06-04

3 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

In the last quarter, hotels will opt for the hybrid model, providing split operations by buildings or floors between quarantined and regular services

Nothing new, I've stayed in a Pattaya hotel in March which also  had a separate ASQ area. 

• Confused 1

overpriced accomodation for the desperate few that are willing to be seriously ripped off

A lot of people that want to come here will have been vaccinated already 

what happened to Thailand ?

• Like 2

as there is no shortage of hotel rooms, authorities should avoid mixing in the same hotel ASQ and regular guests.

There is always chance for imported infection and for cross-contamination.

Overworked personel will make shortcuts in their procedures. There are known cases of travellers being infected at ASQ - tested positive at the last days of staying there or shortly after leaving hotel.

I have read, that virus can spread within the building through waste water pipes. Infected person shreds virus also through faeces and can contaminate. There are known cases of getting infection in apartment blocks from neighbours, from those living above you. 

Some ASQ hotels wanted to be also partially hospitels.

I understand their profit motive, but safety is at stake.

I thought that hotels designated as ASQ couldn't have non-ASQ guests unless they had separate entrances and elevators in addition to separate floors...?

But anyway, where would the demand come from, when most non-ASQ hotels currently have single-digit occupancy rates?

9 hours ago, smedly said:

overpriced accomodation for the desperate few that are willing to be seriously ripped off

A lot of people that want to come here will have been vaccinated already 

what happened to Thailand ?

It went down the pan in 2010 when a nurse was murdered in a WAT.  Going down the depraved and corrupt gutter at an accelerating pace since 2014. Guess the common denominator to those 2 events ?

On 6/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

Nothing new, I've stayed in a Pattaya hotel in March which also  had a separate ASQ area. 

Just a note: I am in 8 days now of Quarantine in BKK with my 11 yr. old son. I am vaccinated and tested negative 3 times with temperatures drawn twice daily. All good. Just was informed we must stay in room for all 15 days now. OUCH! 

Before was told we could go on the roof for 45 minutes each day, after 6 th day test? New Govt. rule.

Anyone the same?

A typical situation for the Thai (military) regime.

If there are a pandemies or other sincere problems, the dominant target of the government is:

How to make money of it !

Do you think ASQ hotels must not return some %,s of the overpriced bills to the corrupt military?

To  "transform them into hybrid facilities" has the same corrupt background.

One part of the endless stories of government/military enrichment.

That you don't think I'm dreaming: Why must all the vaccines ordered under the control of the junta?   Ehm ....., they would like to know how much of the money "belongs" to them.

yes, the ASQ, as well as regular, free quarantine hotels for repatriating Thais, are under direct control of military.

That transpired, when thai arriving from the usa was put in a poor quality hotel in jomtien and started to post on fb his awful story about dirty, smelly rooms and food with cockroaches.

The first reaction was from the spokesman of army, who denied this story and threaten with lawsuit for defamation.

Despite story being proven true, this guy is sued by hotel, even hotel had to temporarily to close down for renovation.

Most of those hotel owners are associated with army, owned by active officers and ex-servicemen,  their families. Hotels, resorts, as well as restaurants, spas are perfect tools for laundering money. There are so many of them that they don't bring much profit, but nobody ever is going to prove that their income is inflated.