Yuan To Baht In Thailand

I'm currently in Beijing on business and rather stupidly withdrew 3000 yuan from an ATM machine. Now I've been told it's virtually impossible to sell them back at Beijing airport.

Can I convert them back in Thailand?

Bendix,

The Chinese yuan is a soft currency and, if you exchange it to THB in Thailand, you will get a terrible rate. Where are you located in Thailand? I'm currently living in Shanghai, and I'll be back to BKK for a week in July. If you want to, and can wait, I'll buy the yuan from you at the going China rate.

I'm currently in Beijing on business and rather stupidly withdrew 3000 yuan from an ATM machine. Now I've been told it's virtually impossible to sell them back at Beijing airport.

I'm not sure of the exchange rates at the moment, but when I was in China last year, I paid Bht 5.00 for 1 Yuan and noticed that I would receive approx Bht 3.50/Yuan if I brought any back with me. How I attempted to make sure I didn't bring any back is another (and much longer) story. :o

If you present your ATM receipt, you exchange RMB at the airport. I have done it many times, but not into THB.

The yuan or reminbi is gaining in strength economically but it's only 4.27759 at the moment which means you should get about 12,833.44 Thai baht for the 3000rmb.I would never exchange it back at the airport they give you a realy low rate better go to The Bank of China with receipts and get US$ or HK$.You can only take 5000rmb out of China also so better go shopping with it than exchange it or keep it for the next trip to China.