Thai woman, WHO representative are first to be inoculated with Thai-made AstraZeneca vaccine

snoop1130

905347.jpg

A 69-year old Thai woman became the first individual to receive a dose of the locally-produced AstraZeneca vaccine in Thailand.

A 69-year-old Thai woman and a representative of World Health Organization (WHO) regional office in Thailand became the first two individuals to receive the doses of the locally-produced AstraZeneca vaccine today, at the vaccination service centre at the Ministry of Public Health.

The event, which comes ahead of the start of the country’s mass vaccination campaign on Monday, was witnessed by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and senior health officials.

Jurairat Rewong and Dr. Daniel A. Kertesz, of the WHO regional office, were each given 0.5ml of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-woman-who-representative-are-first-to-be-inoculated-with-thai-made-astrazeneca-vaccine/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-06-04

• Sad 1

Thai woman, WHO representative are first to be inoculated with Thai-made AstraZeneca vaccine

⬆️ Unclear.

A 69-year-old Thai woman and a representative of World Health Organization (WHO) regional office in Thailand became the first two individuals to receive the doses of the locally-produced AstraZeneca vaccine today, at the vaccination service centre at the Ministry of Public Health.

⬆️ Clear.

For the sake of saving two words...

Is there anyway to reverse this bizarre use of a comma instead of the word "and"?  It's just awful.

Edited by BangkokReady

12 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Daniel A. Kertesz, of the WHO regional office, were each given 0.5ml of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I see he decided to wait for the better stuff, meanwhile down here in Phuket unless you have a work permit you can't even register for a vaccine, no hospital, private or other will accept you and no app either. Unless anyone knows better?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I see he decided to wait for the better stuff, meanwhile down here in Phuket unless you have a work permit you can't even register for a vaccine, no hospital, private or other will accept you and no app either. Unless anyone knows better?

People are getting impatient and I understand that.  I saw the same thing in the west at first.  However, a lot of the negativity and criticism I am reading on this board seems misguided.  The mass vaccination campaigns got off to rocky starts in the west too.  Lack of sufficient quantity of vaccine, cancelled appointments, inability to register, confusing often conflicting info.  This all looks completely normal because I saw the same thing happen here in the west.  Things will gradually ramp up,  availability will improve, procedures will become more well understood and routine.  Just need to be patient.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

What, no dodgy Sinovac for her?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Jurairat Rewong and Dr. Daniel A. Kertesz, of the WHO regional office, were each given 0.5ml of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

0.5 ml 

Is that the full recommended dose of Vaccine, or is that only 80 % of the full dose.

Depends whether the opened vial has been plundered for the 2 extra doses or not.

Certainly an issue of trust exists.

14 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) has been open for passport registration in the LINE app for the Moderna vaccine already for some days.

My wife and I registered 4-5 days ago. I registered just 5 minutes after her and there was already over 30,000 people in between us. We're around 400,000 in the queue.

THG has scheduled for the vaccination to begin October 1.

No other requirements than name, DoB, phone number and ID/Passport nr. No address or anything. They will call you or ask you in the LINE app.

Google and look for the QR code to add THG as a friend in the LINE app, or add THG manually.

Ask a Thai person to help you, though most are in English, but not everything (including questions about underlying illnesses), but it's very straight forward and takes less than 2 minutes.

Edited by HOAX
  • Like 1

Still waiting for Pattaya Mayor to set up an app for Chonburi. Last edict was 'register at government office' Prior to that it was register at the hospital that has your records, which I did by e mail- no response,  register on Mor Prom which my wife did, no response. Was at DLT-agovernment office yesterday-no can do???? What next???

17 hours ago, connda said:

Sounds like a press release from the Office of The PM.

No. Press releases from the Office of the PM would make accusations of fake news and threaten lengthy jail sentences under the Computer Crimes Act. 555

I have an appointment in the Mor Prom system which is supposedly for AZ on 14 June.  I decided to go for the second week to see if any side effects emerge from the local AZ but that was probably unduly cautious of me. Some friends booked for the first day which is Monday.

20 hours ago, shdmn said:

People are getting impatient and I understand that.  I saw the same thing in the west at first.  However, a lot of the negativity and criticism I am reading on this board seems misguided.  The mass vaccination campaigns got off to rocky starts in the west too.  Lack of sufficient quantity of vaccine, cancelled appointments, inability to register, confusing often conflicting info.  This all looks completely normal because I saw the same thing happen here in the west.  Things will gradually ramp up,  availability will improve, procedures will become more well understood and routine.  Just need to be patient.  

Really? You witnessed everything that happened “in the west”. Where exactly in the west?

23 hours ago, shdmn said:

Rocky start is the understatement of the year, pretty sure you will win a prize with that. ????

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Love your optimism.. 

This board could use more of that.  Way too much over the top whining around here with everyones default position being "Thais can't do anything right".  It gets monotonous and boring after awhile and contributes absolutely no value whatsoever to the conversation.

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1