TAT proposes attracting a MILLION foreigners - work with no work permit, right to buy land - TEN Year stay

webfact

Just now, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Nobody cares for the 50 cent beer buyers anymore.

So why does Cambodia offer 50 cent beer by the glass then?

Just for the fun of it?

Or maybe it's because people actually like value for money when they are on holiday.

Your statement is a little perplexing to say the least!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Why not. I could live anywhere in the world and year round I'd choose here. If you don't like it just clear off. The only issue I have with Thailand is the whinging foreigners. 

Okay.......just clarify....as a dollar millionaire I would not tie myself to here and would be traveling all over the world......happy?

43 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

What happens when the 10 years is up ?

What do you think.  It will be Ba Bye Bye or reup your money and buy your land again. It was only a lease.  LOS= Land of Stupid ideas.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

The thing I don't see happening is "the right to buy land"     it was touted for the elite visa but soon dropped  PDQ same thing here I would say.

And I noticed that even if you buy land and a house and own it...the visa is only 10 years, so if your situation changes they could just tell you to get out of the country and leave you house and land behind.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

I think most retirees spend about this much EVERY YEAR right now!  I know I do.

Yup, we had an Op where many discussed such expenditures yearly not long ago and it turned into a sensitive subject where many called BS on others unless we posted proof.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

A milllion millionaires/high skilled professionals/wealthy pensioners/workers at billion dollar companies.

What are they dreaming of at night?

simply having wet dreams by the sound of it

33 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Me neither, I'd be in Cambodia.

Imagine all the 50 cent beers you could buy with that! ???? 

About 2 million of them in fact.

25 minutes ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Nothing is stopping you. Nobody cares for the 50 cent beer buyers anymore. The world has moved on. Cambodia first and then maybe India after Cambodia has had enough? 

I care. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Left or right? and after a night of drinking, you mean waking up in your hotel room with stitches in your back, a note on the desk with a bag of meds to take? The old shainghaied story....

But wait you get a land deed as well.   

How odd you should mention that......first time ever....got a stitch in my back last night....right kidney....been on the pop.......scared me a bit.

• Haha 1