TAT proposes attracting a MILLION foreigners - work with no work permit, right to buy land - TEN Year stay

webfact

More unrealistic fantasies from the TAT at least it got me laughing when I read the article now let’s see what tomorrow brings all I can say if I had that sort of money they are banging around Thailand would definitely not be on my list there are far nicer places 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can we ban the use of "well heeled" phrase, it's an annoying thaivisa type phrase

What’s wrong with using this particular phrase?

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Before anybody rushes into this scheme, they should pause and reflect just how Thailand has treated all the retirees with pensions who are living here during the vaccination programme. If your idea of paradise is to retire somewhere that the authorities regard you as less important than homeless people, and where they're happy to play fast and loose with your health, then yep, Thailand is for you.

But you are less important than  the homeless people, they are thai and you are not. This is thailand, Thai first.,or do you think u are more Important??????????????

#1 seems fairly straightforward except for the 20-hours a week part.. that to me would be very very hard to fairy, easily and objectively measure that and do so in a way that facilities compliance/enforcement.

#2 seems easy enough… you can check for compliance by requiring a certified copy of the foreigners PD90/91 each year before extension is approved.. that way you can check how much was earned and that taxes were paid. 

#3 sounds like we end up back kind of where we are now with some foreigners not being able to sufficiently “prove” their pension income.. so this option to work, there will have to some kind of system that thai thai authorities will recognize and foreign governments/entities will adopt as well.

I’m all for new ideas, but i think there’s LOTS of leg work on this one before i could say it has any reasonable chance of becoming an actual law.

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Without even looking at the article:
How much for this scheme?  ????

Drum roll..............................

<slide whistle, cymbal crash, Canned Laughter>

• Like 1