Advice on how to deal with this Lazada claim

Susco

On 6/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, Dmaxdan said:

From my experience in the past, if you have returned the product through the official procedure and the seller hasn't responded after the 5 day period then Lazada should refund you directly and deal with the seller themselves.

Of course, refunds are a bit of a contentious point with their wallet system seemingly unavailable to non-Thais...

Refunds are no problem Don't use the Wallet system , refunds direct back in your account . may take 2 or 3 days.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

You can only wait and see what happens if the evidence is there to prove it was returned.

It goes back to a Lazada distributors warehouse first as far as I know. 

Keep us posted.

Item was sent directly to seller warehouse, Lazada arranged for the pickup service.

There is plenty of evidence. Flashexpress tracking shows they contacted the owners phone number, and phone was answered twice, just minutes before the delivery. It also shows a signature ( Iconic in person).

They spoke on the phone for a total of 98 seconds

I'm eager to post the screenshots of the tracking here, as it would be helpful for others, who to avoid on Lazada.

If you look at my post above yours, you also will see that seller admitted twice on Saturday night at 11.58pm " We have received your damaged return".

Dispute is now open

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

Item was sent directly to seller warehouse, Lazada arranged for the pickup service.

There is plenty of evidence. Flashexpress tracking shows they contacted the owners phone number, and phone was answered twice, just minutes before the delivery. It also shows a signature ( Iconic in person).

They spoke on the phone for a total of 98 seconds

I'm eager to post the screenshots of the tracking here, as it would be helpful for others, who to avoid on Lazada.

If you look at my post above yours, you also will see that seller admitted twice on Saturday night at 11.58pm " We have received your damaged return".

Dispute is now open

There was another thread about Lazada I think they have to comply with Thai consumers laws, I would say your be OK, I understand you paid up a lot of money and don't want to lose it. 

Hang in there.

From my experience in the past, if you have returned the product through the official procedure and the seller hasn't responded after the 5 day period then Lazada should refund you directly and deal with the seller themselves.

Of course, refunds are a bit of a contentious point with their wallet system seemingly unavailable to non-Thais...

In my experience, Lazada will not take any responsibility for any of their sellers lies, I have been cheated twice by them but found there will be more and more hassle returning the things and trying for a refund, so as my items were not expensive, I just let it go, and only use Lazada if I cannot get what I want somewhere else.

What a big surprise this morning.  I got a message while shopping to refill my wallet. It had only  1 bahts left in it. It was impossible to refill in the last 2 year for foreigners.

I just had to scan my passport and take a selfie and I can use the wallet again.

Their polittics must have cghanged recently.

I use Lazada a lot and ALWAYS go for COD if COD is not available I do not buy.

On arrival inspect the package and if necessary unpack in front of courier before paying.

There are a lot of rip off people out there.

22 hours ago, pjuk said:

I use Lazada a lot and ALWAYS go for COD if COD is not available I do not buy.

On arrival inspect the package and if necessary unpack in front of courier before paying.

There are a lot of rip off people out there.

Total bs: the courier will not wait for you to inspect the package not care about it and even if he did he is not allowed to refund you in any case.

Some posters have a lot of fantasy here. 

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time to update, as finally yesterday, 18 days after I sent back the item, I received a refund.

What happened is that FlashExpress, the service selected by Lazada to return the TV, delivered to the wrong warehouse.

How that can happen is still a mystery, because the address is correctly printed on the return label, and they spoke twice over the phone with the seller.

It took them 3 days to correct the mistake, and when the TV finally arrived at the sellers warehouse on Monday evening, it was not damaged any more...............in fact it was completely destroyed now.

The seller then updated Lazada that he now received the TV, and sent them photos as evidence, and informed them they could now close the dispute.

Lazada instead kept the dispute open for another 8 days, and repeatedly asked the seller to send the same evidence over and over again. Each time I called them, on average 4 times every day, they would tell me it would be resolved within that day, but they just kept lying and going.

At one point, a few days before they finally resolved it, they told me they had to wait until the transporter had approved the refund, because he damaged the item.

I told them that their arrangements with the transporter was not my business, as I ordered from Lazada, not from the transporter.

This is how the TV was damaged when it arrived at my place, and how I sent it back the next day.

tv2.thumb.jpg.df235767f057f8a4eec3c0ec04b42e2e.jpg1577789803_Returntoseller.thumb.jpg.cc709e66b8b785f383132dd5586fe2df.jpg

And this is how it arrived at the sellers warehouse, after FlashExpress had handled the transport, and managed to deliver it to a wrong warehouse. Take note, all protective packaging had been removed, and the box at the bottom completely taped up with tape from the transporter.

1167342949_damagereturn.jpeg.2d5fab6cbde1e32aefb433a83265165c.jpeg1126547883_arrivedatsellerwarehouse.jpeg.902e60824dc73363eb028129f18f86df.jpeg