Advice on how to deal with this Lazada claim

Susco

Last week I order a 65" LG TV from Lazada. When the item arrives, the panel is cracked. I contact the seller he and he tells me to open a return request, which I complete, and the item is sent back.

Until that point the seller is very accommodating.

On Saturday at 10am the Lazada system shows that the returned item has been delivered at the sellers address.

I contact the seller and he claims he didn't receive anything, and he also says the same to Lazada at 5pm that day.

Not only the Lazada system shows it is delivered, also the FlashExpress tracking confirms this, and in addition it shows the 2 calls to the sellers phone number that have been established shortly before the delivery, and his signature.

Seller is obviously lying, and trying to gain time. During my chats with him, it's obvious that every 3 words he types, contain 4 lies.

Of course the Lazada system allows the seller 5 days to review the returned item, but since he is plain lying through his teeth, I expect that at the end of that 5 day period he will reject the claim.

I can then of course open a dispute with Lazada, but since the damage has happened during transport, which makes Lazada responsible for it, they will most likely side with the seller.

I have also told Lazada that I suspect that the item was damaged before it was sent to me, which I think might have been a mistake.

So I'm now looking for advice on how to handle this claim, in case this escalates.

tv.thumb.jpg.37a6e416e6f34dd8262178852b30301b.jpgtv2.thumb.jpg.8ecb26d000075e4059ff55c0f86a8204.jpg1263572854_damagebox.thumb.jpg.c99c30352ba8403fc70de73f0027dc6a.jpg

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Susco said:

So I'm now looking for advice on how to handle this claim, in case this escalates.

Stop talking to seller and talk to a Lazada person. 

I would say seeing as Lazada can see it was delivered back to him he is suspect.

If the package had no signs of external damage when you received it then you should tell Lazada that if your concerned hence what you said. 

As far as refund you will just have to wait. 

• Like 2

I know I can communicate with Lazada, and I have been doing that extensively through live chat and email.The purpose of my thread was actually, what are my legal options in worst case scenario that a refund is rejected.

From the picture I posted, it is obvious that it was transported in the wrong way. Every transporter should know that it only can be transported in upright position. Even flat on the load floor will damage.

In this case it was transported laying sideways, with no support at all under the panel.

By the way, when FlashExpress came to pick up the return, it was transported similar.

128910626_Returntoseller.thumb.jpg.0a510b03d2273b08157762bd45e9438d.jpg

Edited by Susco

From my experience in the past, if you have returned the product through the official procedure and the seller hasn't responded after the 5 day period then Lazada should refund you directly and deal with the seller themselves.

Of course, refunds are a bit of a contentious point with their wallet system seemingly unavailable to non-Thais...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

From my experience in the past, if you have returned the product through the official procedure and the seller hasn't responded after the 5 day period then Lazada should refund you directly and deal with the seller themselves.

I am aware of that, my suspicion is though that he will wait till the last minute to reject the return.

There is a reason why he lied about the delivery, when there is plenty of evidence that shows he signed for the acceptance.

In my experience, very much as detailed above, its best if you can speak to a Lazada agent on the phone, as said, some are script readers some are very good. Its important to keep your cool, dont get loud and keep it as simple as possible in your explanation. The comprehension of English needs to be utmost so keep your language in basic simple terms.

I appreciate how worrying and a concern this must be, no one likes feeling scammed and it seems you may well have been sent a damaged set or of course it was damaged in transit. Neither of which is your fault.

Push harder and emphasise "help" with Lazada, and I hope they sort it out.

If it isnt sorted you can go to "consumer affais" and ask for help or guidance and ultimately you have the legal route but I fear the cost would out way the gain.

"Its main duties are to handle complaints received from consumers and institute legal proceedings when an infringement of consumer rights is recognised."

https://www.consumersinternational.org/members/members/office-of-the-consumer-protection-board-of-thailand/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

In my experience, very much as detailed above, its best if you can speak to a Lazada agent on the phone, as said, some are script readers some are very good. Its important to keep your cool, dont get loud and keep it as simple as possible in your explanation. The comprehension of English needs to be utmost so keep your language in basic simple terms.

I appreciate how worrying and a concern this must be, no one likes feeling scammed and it seems you may well have been sent a damaged set or of course it was damaged in transit. Neither of which is your fault.

Push harder and emphasise "help" with Lazada, and I hope they sort it out.

If it isnt sorted you can go to "consumer affais" and ask for help or guidance and ultimately you have the legal route but I fear the cost would out way the gain.

"Its main duties are to handle complaints received from consumers and institute legal proceedings when an infringement of consumer rights is recognised."

https://www.consumersinternational.org/members/members/office-of-the-consumer-protection-board-of-thailand/

Thanks for that link, I never seen it before.

I now see it links to the OCPB details. I called that number on the website a few days ago, and got the message that it isn't in use.

I then called the call center, of which I found the number on the OCPB website, and there I had to press a few numbers for redirection, after which everything went quiet at the other end.

TIT I guess

Edited by Susco

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I assume you provided all evidence to Lazada, and have an open case about the return.

Why don't you just wait until you know if you even have a problem because making yourself so much stress?

The most likely outcome is that after the 5 days the Lazada employee will look at the evidence and decide to refund your money.

Yes I know I'm stressing myself while the case is still officially undecided, but the thing is that it isn't about a 300 Baht item.

I try to find the reasoning why the seller want to lie about the return, when everything is documented online, and me assuming that transport damage is covered by either Lazada or his insurance.

I have a screenshot of his chat with Lazada, where he claims he didn't receive the item.

Lazada has received all pictured evidence, including screenshots of my chats with him

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

I try to find the reasoning why the seller want to lie about the return, when everything is documented online, and me assuming that transport damage is covered by either Lazada or his insurance.

Was this a "Lazmall" product? In case it's Lazmall, then Lazada is doing the shipping and they are responsible for it.

If not Lazmall, then the seller shipped it himself and he is responsible. By default insurance is only up to 2000THB.

I assume the seller shipped it himself and didn't pay for additional insurance, so he will get only 2k from Kerry. The other 10k or whatever the TV costs, are his loss.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Was this a "Lazmall" product? In case it's Lazmall, then Lazada is doing the shipping and they are responsible for it.

If not Lazmall, then the seller shipped it himself and he is responsible. By default insurance is only up to 2000THB.

I assume the seller shipped it himself and didn't pay for additional insurance, so he will get only 2k from Kerry. The other 10k or whatever the TV costs, are his loss.

\

Not a Lazmall item, but in my first contact with him, he says he will complain to Lazada about the way it was transported.

Why he doesn't say he will complain to Kerry?

If he is responsible for the damage, that would indeed explain why he is making problems

38 minutes ago, Susco said:

I now see it links to the OCPB details. I called that number on the website a few days ago, and got the message that it isn't in use.

I then called the call center, of which I found the number on the OCPB website, and there I had to press a few numbers for redirection, after which everything went quiet at the other end.

TIT I guess

Dont bother with the link, contacted them twice over consumer problems and posted files, never had a reply either time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If the package had no signs of external damage when you received it then you should tell Lazada that if your concerned hence what you said. 

These are the external damages to the box, at the location that correspondents to where the damage is on the screen.

1770428368_damagebox.thumb.jpg.4c899a770a8545a7a3ccebbf40fd76af.jpg

It was impossible to see, because the box was packed in bubble plastic.

When you look at the picture of how the TV was  transported by Kerry, I put an arrow where it seems the box is resting on something at the location of the external damage.

tv.thumb.jpg.a8dcf8bd97ab12ed77575ebaf60f8423.jpg

The screen has a big dent at that position, and cracks all over starting at the dent.

Inside the box at the side of the screen is an approximate 2 cm thick styrofoam, the size of the screen with large  square recesses, and there is such a recess where the screen damages is.

Do you consider the damage to the box, translates to the damage on the screen, taking in account all the above details?

My house can be accessed from 2 directions, over the paved road as almost everyone does, or from the other side which involves about 300 meters of unpaved road, and going through a small klong, where you first go 45 degrees down, and at the other end 45 degrees up again.

That klong is about 200 meters of my house, and I clearly heard the truck speeding when he went over that part.

Just wait 5 days. Online platforms always tend to side with the buyer so you will easily have the refund. Also, the proof you provided is enough. I know it's annoying to have such an issue and zero help or apologies from the seller, but that's how they conduct business here. Take money and bye bye. I had a similar issue. Luckily there is Lazada in between.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, condobrit001 said:

Did you pay by credit card? If so, you should be able to process a claim through the issuing bank and get a full refund. This is the case in civilised countries anyway.

Always pay COD if possible

• Like 2

From the photos provided, it would appear that the shipper does not feel obligated to secure items that may be fragile.  Just shove all the packages in the back and hit the road. 

In my mooban, I have observed delivery pickups from various delivery companies who do not slow down for the speedbumps.  In that aspect, I have wondered about fragile items arriving at their destination address intact. 

21 hours ago, Susco said:

TIT I guess

Lol. Forget applying to the OCPB by phone or email. They won't respond or do anything. The only way you can get anything from them in terms of support is to go to their office in Chaeng Watthana and get someone there to write down that they will support your application. Note application, not cause. Then threaten whoever you have a dispute with with that written support. It works for example with landlords who refuse to refund deposits. Its the threat not the inaction that may work. Failing that just tell your adversary that you have the OCPB support. Don't waste time trying to get the OCPB to process any applications. Believe me.

3 minutes ago, metisdead said:

From the photos provided, it would appear that the shipper does not feel obligated to secure items that may be fragile.  Just shove all the packages in the back and hit the road. 

In my mooban, I have observed delivery pickups from various delivery companies who do not slow down for the speedbumps.  In that aspect, I have wondered about fragile items arriving at their destination address intact. 

Any professional transporter has to know that a panel of that size will be damaged if not transported upright, but we know where we are, and that professionalism is an alien word here.

Pretty sure also that the box didn't fall down, but was thrown in the cargo space in the position it arrived, and never has been upright.

I asked my local tv repair how much it would cost to replace the panel in case I don't get a refund.

He said he doesn't order them, because too high risk of them being damaged during transport.

When you look at my second post, you see they transported it back in a similar way, different shipper also.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, condobrit001 said:

Did you pay by credit card? If so, you should be able to process a claim through the issuing bank and get a full refund. This is the case in civilised countries anyway.

In Thailand broken or counterfeit goods are not the priority. CC companies only offer refunds as far as I know if you did not actually receive the goods. They will tell u that the other two cases are the responsibility of Lazada.

one point is the method of payment .If you paid by credit card contact the card people and the transaction will be cancelled. If you paid C.O.D you had the option to refuse the package due to the damage .

Its unfortunate you mentioned the possibility of damage caused by the seller who is now being none cooperative

possibly after you mentioned this .Please deal with Lazada direct  to obtain a solution  and please let us know the outcome . Good luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jippytum said:

one point is the method of payment .If you paid by credit card contact the card people and the transaction will be cancelled. If you paid C.O.D you had the option to refuse the package due to the damage .

Its unfortunate you mentioned the possibility of damage caused by the seller who is now being none cooperative

possibly after you mentioned this .Please deal with Lazada direct  to obtain a solution  and please let us know the outcome . Good luck.

The damage to the box was not visible because of the bubble plastic around it, and you are not allowed to open the box before payment.

I however knew that a TV never should be transported in the position it arrived, because of the risk of damage, that is also why I took a picture right away.

Being in Thailand long enough I was prepared for this situation, that's why I had my phone ready.

My thinking was that informing the seller right away about this, would avoid later discussions, maybe I was wrong.

7 hours ago, Susco said:

The damage to the box was not visible because of the bubble plastic around it, and you are not allowed to open the box before payment.

My thinking was that informing the seller right away about this, would avoid later discussions, maybe I was wrong.

You have done everything possible to prove faulty goods in this case through the carrier (Kerry) the seller employed Kerry to deliver it properly and he should be looking at them for a solution....but we are in Thailand the land of smoke and mirrors,be a little more patient with Lazada until the 5 days are up and see what they come up with....hopefully all will turn out fine.

p.s. I bought a 55" Samsung demo TV from PowerBuy here in Pattaya for my house down in Trang province and told them I would pick it up in my car and take it down with me...their reply was that they would not honor the warranty (3 years) if I did this in case it was damaged in transit but for 400 baht they would transport it and deliver and install through the local PowerBuy down there....all went well.

Good luck susco ????

• Like 1

Just receive message from Lazada that the refund is rejected.

Reason The shop has not received the product back. By the warehouse authority confirmed that there is no receipt and sign for any product Which the signature in the system for transportation is not the signature of the store's warehouse staff

Though in a chat from Saturday, the seller admits twice that he has received the package

14.JPG.bb7c9d4658fd707ece2c5c1f306d5310.JPG18.JPG.1efadc678dab92629a7a4239b1c846ae.JPG

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Just receive message from Lazada that the refund is rejected.

Reason The shop has not received the product back. By the warehouse authority confirmed that there is no receipt and sign for any product Which the signature in the system for transportation is not the signature of the store's warehouse staff

Though in a chat from Saturday, the seller admits twice that he has received the package

14.JPG.bb7c9d4658fd707ece2c5c1f306d5310.JPG18.JPG.1efadc678dab92629a7a4239b1c846ae.JPG

You can only wait and see what happens if the evidence is there to prove it was returned.

It goes back to a Lazada distributors warehouse first as far as I know. 

Keep us posted.