Thailand’s Historic Mass COVID-19 Vaccination Program

webfact

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

this time, the country has vaccines, which are its best hope in turning the situation around. Vaccines will be the key to reopening the country to tourism, to rehabilitating the economy and to returning to normality.

Just a case of waiting and seeing if the vaccines they have are up to the task...

• Like 1

And another thing.

How the farang do they justify B30K for two weeks of "Scandinavian Prison" AKA pointless qarantine of vaccinated people, when a US vaccine tour costs B20K including everything but your taxis, tips, food, and drink?

Edited by chalawaan
sp and detail added.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Online personality Jakkrit Yompayorm, aka Kru Tom Kam Thai (Teacher Tom Teaching Thai)

Lucky old Kru Tom Kam Thai, well done the USA government: offline miserable personality (some may well say) Kru John Kam Angkrit, who has been teaching Thai children here for 7 years, (and despite the lousy money did so because he thought and had been assured he was making a positive contribution to Thai society), was told to <deleted> off because he was a foreigner!

Edited by herfiehandbag

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has declared that it was a historic day when Thailand began to strike back at COVID-19, as it achieved its target of administering at least 300,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines on the first day of the nation’s mass vaccination drive on Monday.

He should hang his head in shame at the complete fiasco, of registrations, bookings, dates, cancellations. Not spout about how great he is. 

• Like 1

Knowing Thai bureaucracy, perhaps some bizarre loophole exists like a visa run, where one can purchase a vax flight by departing BKK into international airspace where one would get a Pfizer or Moderna jab during flight, circle around then land back at BKK without the hassle of a quarantine. Might even save Thai airways from bankruptcy at the same time.

• Like 2

Historic day.. more historic days to come when run out of vaccines, delay on delivery, more cases than before, more deaths, failing sandboxes, and so on and so on... But Happiness to the people  and wrong information.. In this article 20 million J&J and 5 mill Pfizer another article 20 mill pfizer and 5 million J&J

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Just a case of waiting and seeing if the vaccines they have are up to the task...

I'm one of those "wait and sees" I have no faith in what the PM and his lackey's are sprouting"

• Like 1

So Mr idiot ( unelected ) Prayuth, what happens later this week when the vaccines run out, how long does everybody wait or has that dipstick health minster supposedly got his finger on a very weak national pulse ??

When I was in the army we had a phrase to adequately describe people like yourselves, acting, unpaid & unwanted - unfortunately you lot are paying yourselves, God knows why, you don't deserve it.

• Like 2

So in phuket I go to jungcelyon where the are doing vaccinations en mass. I say I an a retired expat where can I register please. Oh sorry not this month. I say maybe next - maybe or month after. Then she say you know vaccine supply running  short  so we not really know when. Great job PM . Love the BS propaganda of the vaccine rollout. In reality this country is probably no further ahead of Japan in inoculation of the population and residents and that's a very low percentage.   But hey ho lets open up to tourism starting July Sandbox.  . But hey Japan too are  ignoring reality and having the Olympics.  But you can't hide from a viral  pandemic  - when it wants to spread it will -  unless the real preventive measures are in place. Like a true 70% herd immunity based on 70% of population in Phuket having had 2 jabs plus the 2 week activation period post the last one.  We will see soon - I know I won't be mingling with anyone as I can't get the first one but us over 60s seem to be classed as disposable as the workforce here  have been prioritised.  They seem to have forgotten that the expat community contribute a lot to the businesses here in low season.  Hope I am lucky and not a victim of propaganda and am remain healthy enough to get a jab  or purchase one privately.  To be able to do that   before the presumed few tourist arrive 1/7  would be a good start bu that'seems very unlikely to happen unless I get very lucky.

Edited by sesdave
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chalawaan said:

How the farang do they justify B30K for two weeks of "Scandinavian Prison" AKA pointless qarantine of vaccinated people,

As I understand it, any person vaccinated can still be a carrier of the virus and yet won't show any symptoms. Hence why vaccinated people have to be quarantined when entering countries.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has declared that it was a historic day when Thailand began to strike back at COVID-19,

Historic day... Lol

monumental *%$#-up, how many people had cancellations before they even turned up. 

How many venues had less vaccines than promised?

Any normal PM would have been rode out of office by now, but he parades around Bang Su station like a god.