Jump to content

Chiang Mai eases restrictions on eateries, malls, convenience stores from Wednesday


Recommended Posts

1PW4S9.jpg

(Photo by Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP)

 

Citing the low daily COVID-19 infection rate, of fewer than five cases for the past seven days, the provincial communicable disease committee of Chiang Mai has decided to ease some restrictions, starting Wednesday (June 9th).

 

Mr. Kanok Srichainan, permanent secretary of the Chiang Mai provincial administration, said today (Tuesday) that the COVID-19 situation in the province has improved steadily, so the provincial communicable disease committee deems it appropriate to allow the resumption of regular opening hours of department stores, convenience stores, shopping malls, community malls, night markets and eateries.

 

Alcoholic drinks, however, are still not permitted in eateries, including their outdoor facilities, and sales promotion activities, which may draw many people together, are still banned in malls and department stores.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chiang-mai-eases-restrictions-on-eateries-malls-and-convenience-stores-from-wednesday/

 

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Alcoholic drinks, however, are still not permitted in eateries, including their outdoor facilities,

So what has been relaxed?

They won't be getting any money from me until I can have a beer with my meal.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 11:29 AM, BritManToo said:

So what has been relaxed?

They won't be getting any money from me until I can have a beer with my meal.

Might as well not open then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Cumulative infections in the province, since ... April 1st, have reached 4,106 cases, but most have recovered, leaving 64 cases still under treatment in hospitals. The provincial death toll is 26..."

 

So 4,106 positive tests. Assuming no false positives (that never happens, right?), that means that 4,042 have recovered and thus protected in the future as if they had had a vaccination. Great, right? 

 

With 26 deaths in the province of 1.76 million souls, that means that 0.0015% of all residents here died with/of the virus since April 1st. In English, that's fifteen ten thousands of one percent. 

 

I'm just curious, and an open question for the government authorities: How "safe" does it have to be (how much risk is acceptable) to end the masking (outdoor particularly), the closures of fitness centers and ... of bowling alleys, etc?

 

Would 0.0015% do it? Or do we want to get all the way down to 0.001%? 

 

Does anyone in the government understand the phrase, "theater of the absurd"?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 2:13 PM, Trujillo said:

"Cumulative infections in the province, since ... April 1st, have reached 4,106 cases, but most have recovered, leaving 64 cases still under treatment in hospitals. The provincial death toll is 26..."

 

So 4,106 positive tests. Assuming no false positives (that never happens, right?), that means that 4,042 have recovered and thus protected in the future as if they had had a vaccination. Great, right? 

 

With 26 deaths in the province of 1.76 million souls, that means that 0.0015% of all residents here died with/of the virus since April 1st. In English, that's fifteen ten thousands of one percent. 

 

I'm just curious, and an open question for the government authorities: How "safe" does it have to be (how much risk is acceptable) to end the masking (outdoor particularly), the closures of fitness centers and ... of bowling alleys, etc?

 

Would 0.0015% do it? Or do we want to get all the way down to 0.001%? 

 

Does anyone in the government understand the phrase, "theater of the absurd"?

In April, the the number of infected was rising rapidly. Locking down seems to have worked. We've seen what happens elsewhere when rules are lax in the face of rising infections. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...