Thai woman dies hours after receiving AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Everyone I know in the UK has been vaccinated with AZ... 

The only issues are the media generating ridiculously outrageous hysteria and in a couple of countries politicians who pay lip-service to the media and respond. 

Then there are the people who use these stories as confirmation bias and cement their opinions while ignoring all other logic and facts. 

maybe, but outside the UK, AZ reputation is done in Europe, and not even medical personnel wants it. Could be an over-reaction, but perception is reality, so plenty of AZ for you SE Asia guys and Africa ????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

OK so you agree.

Definitely...........when we cross Sukhumvit, much to my wife's annoyance, we use the overhead walk way..........drives her mad................risk management is a thing.

36 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Let me think die at 56 with lung cancer........or 86 in my sleep.......decisions, decisions.........

There is people that have drunk and smoked every day of their long lives.

Then there are plenty of healthy people in their 20s who drop dead. 

No certainty in this life. More good genes than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

with you Surely Not,

the pathetic trainee troll on your case here can wind in their neck....

yes, death is the only certainty in life (except Tax) but can, as stated, 

be “deferred” by smart methods (and pure genetic luck in KR case)

countering the accusation of a boring life, with evidence, is not boasting.

people without a rational mind, or unable to temporarily set aside emotions, should consider avoiding all posting ......you know who you are......

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, starky said:

It is called risk management.........you don't have to live wrapped up in cottonwool......it is matter of weighing pros and cons and making sensible decisions.........a simple example is not smoking.

With 400,000 as  a pay off from the government for all those who die or who get severe reactions from the vaccine, I fully expect far more claims for any deaths after vaccinations - even if not connected. Thailand is supposedly vaccinating the most vulnerable and old and it stands to reason that 1 out of 800,000 may die shortly after vaccination - heavens 500,000 odd Thais die every year, 1 is bound to die after vaccine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Unless it it was your own Mother

60 or how many traffic deaths per day but one still participates in traffic unless one of those 60 were his/her mother? Obviously it feels worse if your mother would be involved but it would not (or very little) affect your traffic participation.

25-35 COVID deaths per day vs. 1 dead possibly directly or indirectly related to a vaccine (there's also people dying from seizures without having had any vaccine) every xx days, the maths ain't difficult.

Sad to hear. RIP

Always be careful taking additional medication especially with vaccines that are strong boosters. Unfortunately nothing is 100%. Either vaccinated or non-vaccinated. Something's got to give.

41 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Would this be classified as a COVID-19 death?

I'm guessing no.

My neighbor, healthy, fit 30 - 35 YO Thai male, vaxxed Monday morning with AZ, had a mild fever, groggy/dizzy, body ache/joint pain. He's nearly back to normal today.

Others, six people, I know with AZ over the last month, zero side effects.

Our condo management Thai staff all got their AZ jabs on Monday. Their ages are 20s (1), 30s (3) 45 (1). The 3 male staff all had the symptoms you describe yesterday, which means the vax is working. They are all OK today.

• Like 1

Just now, samtam said:

Our condo management Thai staff all got their AZ jabs on Monday. Their ages are 20s (1), 30s (3) 45 (1). The 3 male staff all had the symptoms you describe yesterday, which means the vax is working. They are all OK today.

Must be doing the same here......all new staff everywhere all of a sudden???

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

maybe, but outside the UK, AZ reputation is done in Europe, and not even medical personnel wants it. Could be an over-reaction, but perception is reality, so plenty of AZ for you SE Asia guys and Africa ????

Fine. Thanks to the AZ vaccine, the UK has now vaccinated 40 million people with the first dose (73% of adult population) and 28 million with the second dose (42% of adult population). How's France doing?

Its worth noting that the Indian variant has quickly supplanted the UK variant in the UK and almost all new cases are of the Indian variant. Expect the same in Thailand soon.

The AZ vaccine is highly effective against the Indian variant but having 2 doses doubles its effectiveness against the Indian variant. Thailand's philosophy of "one dose is good enough for now" may well turn into a disaster.

I returned to the UK on 22nd April, received my first dose of the vaccine on the following day and receive my 2nd dose on the 19th of this month after which I will be making all speed to return to Thailand, hopefully via Phuket.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, starky said:

Actually two things are certain in life, death and taxes ????

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Over 800,000 administered in 2 days. One fatality. 0.001%. Not bad.
Probably should not have hastily downed a couple of paracetamols plus migraine meds though. ????

*insert unrelated road fatality statistic here* as the Covid deniers do.   

Would be nice to have some kind of protocol in place though as per other general vaccinations.   

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

The people awaiting jabs in photos on the front page of my newspaper all seem to be in their 20s or 30s. "Social Security Fund subscribers" snapped and jabbed yesterday; not many old folk. It seems to be a very different way of doing things, to the UK for example where even royalty take their turn based on their age and not their "status".

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A 46-year-old Thai woman died last night (Tuesday), just hours after receiving an AstraZeneca vaccine shot.

I thought that AZ was in Thailand only to be given to people 60 years and older.

Edited by khunPer