I just had the AZ vaccine as a late afternoon walk-in (no appointment). Lucky I had the pink card.

davidst01

On 6/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, davidst01 said:

This vac is much better than sinovac and thus worth taking the risk IMHO. If I dont take the risk with this az jab, eg not have it.... the risk of fatality is much higher with my heart issues if I get covid. Therefore it makes sense to me to take the risk to get this jab today

how do you come to the conclusion that AZ is “much better”?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rabas said:

I've read this but is it a bit like aspirin may reduce clotting but if clotting occurs and leads to bleading, you may be worse off?  Here is what I read. It was written with vaccines in mind.

I am curious because I now have a scheduled vaccination on the 23rd, and I take aspirin regularly.

"These in vitro findings, suggest a possible role for prophylactic treatment with aspirin (COX inhibitor)

following vaccination. However, with the rarity of the syndrome, the risk of such widespread

aspirin usage may cause harms - due to the increased risk of bleeding - that outweigh any

theoretical benefit."

I used to take aspirin and back in 2008 the UK doctor wanted to put me on warfarin, I declined and stuck with the aspirin. When I started going to the hospital here regularly the doctor said the same but I just put it off but he got a bit more persistent. I explained why I wasn't going to take warfarin and he came out with some info on the newer anticoagulants so I changed to apixabahn about 4 years ago.

Consequently I have been watching this quite closely and have to say I did stop taking it the day before the vaccination, only 24 hours to clear the system. I have to do the same before going to the dentist.

This is from the EMA

One plausible explanation for the combination of blood clots and low blood platelets is an immune response, leading to a condition similar to one seen sometimes in patients treated with heparin (heparin induced thrombocytopenia, HIT). The PRAC has requested new studies and amendments to ongoing ones to provide more information and will take any further actions necessary.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-ema-finds-possible-link-very-rare-cases-unusual-blood-clots-low-blood

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, davidst01 said:

Basically, the main id document they were interested in was the pink card.

Got my appointment today at 13:00 for vax.  Registered 2 days ago after walking into local hospital.  Rang me yesterday to confirm appointment for today.  They were only interested in passport.....dont know what a pink card is up here.

12 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Got my appointment today at 13:00 for vax.  Registered 2 days ago after walking into local hospital.  Rang me yesterday to confirm appointment for today.  They were only interested in passport.....dont know what a pink card is up here.

Where?

21 hours ago, bradiston said:

The only draw back I can see uis the possible/likely length of time between shots. It could take months to get fully vaxxed. Whereas with Sinovac, the guidance is within 4 weeks, I believe.

My wife had sinovac 2 days ago, no side affests at all, barely even any pain in injection spot.  She was informed second shot in 4 weeks too.

A friend had AZ about a week ago in Kranuan.  Mild flu symptoms and headache for 24 hours only.  Back to normal next day.

I am going for my sinovac shot this afternoon. 

Oh and just to keep the silly game going for those who went through heaps to get the pink cards only to find it relatively useless.....I needed passport only.  They dont know what the pink card is.????

6 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Oh and just to keep the silly game going for those who went through heaps to get the pink cards only to find it relatively useless.....I needed passport only.  They dont know what the pink card is.????

Thanks for that........as I was ridiculed on another thread when I enquired as to what a "pink card" was, as I'd never heard of it, nor seen one. ????

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

A friend had AZ about a week ago in Kranuan.  Mild flu symptoms and headache for 24 hours only.  Back to normal next day.

I had my first AZ shot about 24 hours ago. Something similar, with mild flu symptoms and feeling knackered but a good night's sleep and I'm feeling back to normal now. I was given an appointment for the second shot in exactly 12 weeks' time, not the 16 weeks some people have had. I got it through work at the Thammasat Uni centre. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

My wife had sinovac 2 days ago, no side affests at all, barely even any pain in injection spot.  She was informed second shot in 4 weeks too.

I am going for my sinovac shot this afternoon. 

Dontknow about"heaps" but it was dead easy getting a pink card and yellow book

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Doubt you know it but Tha Khantho.  Its in western part of kalasin province.

They have only just heard about cars up there,still use the penny farthing bike????

Sorry,just joking,i know you have real bikes

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's actually the opposite. 

An expected response to the vaccine is indication that the vaccine is working. 

Its the same reason we don’t really suffer to terribly from Rhinovirus colds, because we’ve been exposed to them so many times our body knows how to handle them and thus ‘don’t’ need to fight hard. 

Thus: IF davidSt01 had previous exposure to Covid-19, his body would not need to fight hard when the vaccine is introduced as he is already carrying the necessary antibodies (in simple terms). 

I agree with you. I think that I had it last yr and obviously self isolated back then. Im sure about this bc I had many symptoms at that time

31 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

for those who went through heaps to get the pink cards only to find it relatively useless.

It takes under 1 hour to get a pink card. So dumb not to get one if you're living in Thailand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

They were only interested in passport.....dont know what a pink card is up here.

2 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

It takes under 1 hour to get a pink card. So dumb not to get one if you're living in Thailand

Sort of "Catch 22" it seems................and for the record, what is needed to get a pink card?

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Dontknow about"heaps" but it was dead easy getting a pink card and yellow book

Yes and I believe you but just depends where you reside.  Up my way its the whole certified translation from Foreign Affairs etc etc whereas on the other side of the coin no one here knows the YB/PK and happily accept your passport.

I think the whole problem with this arguement is that people in the major centres dont understand the situation in the outer provinces and visa versa....and I just like to stir lol.

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

I bet you live in or near a major centre?  I dont and its a major task to get one.  Where did you get your passport translated and certified in under an hour?  And its pretty dumb getting one when no-one in your area recognises it and your passport is enough.  Please take note of that in bold and consider that in Thailand every province has its own rules/requirements. 

Or are you telling me you know the rules/requirements of every province/amphur in Thailand and have taken them into consideration with your claim?

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

There is a bit of misinformation there davidst01....    While getting a Pink ID card is quick IF you have a Yellow Tabien Baan house book, getting a Yellow Tabien Housebook is a fairly lengthy undertaking initself and at some Amphur offices can take a while.... 

For example: 

1) Amphur Appointment (2 month wait)

2) Book Appointment at Brit Embassy (2 weeks wait)

3) Obtain Certified Copy of Passport (at Embassy)

4) Go to translation service at MFA building (wait an hour while they translate Copy of passport)

5) Go to MFA - Submit documents, get Translation certified by MFA (3 Days)

6) Go to Amphur office with required documents and witnesses

7) Amphur take about 2 hours to process the Yellow Tabien Baan housebook (lots of paperwork)

8. Receive the Yellow Tabien Baan

9) Also Get the Pink ID (an additional 20 mins)

For a lot of people the benefits of the Yellow House Book do not justify the hassle it takes to get one. 

I live in Bangkok, it was easy enough for me to jump through the hoops and go through the process.

I did so because I was sick of paying the British Embassy 2500 baht each time I needed a proof of residence document (that I can’t get from Immigration as I travelled in and out too much and needed to have submitted a 90 day report which I’ve not done). 

I’m glad I got the Pink ID card. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

I bet you live in or near a major centre?  I dont and its a major task to get one.  Where did you get your passport translated and certified in under an hour?  And its pretty dumb getting one when no-one in your area recognises it and your passport is enough.  Please take note of that in bold and consider that in Thailand every province has its own rules/requirements. 

Or are you telling me you know the rules/requirements of every province/amphur in Thailand and have taken them into consideration with your claim?

IF you don’t have the Pink ID, then you have never tried to use it. How do you know that no official office, Bank etc or anywhere you need to show ID will not recognise the Pink ID if you have one ???

Additionally, Mor Promt was a nationwide application - that recognised the Pink ID and you would have been able to book a vaccination. 

Are you creating your own confirmation bias that no-one in your area will accept the Pink ID without really knowing that ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

What is "a pink card" in Thai, and how does one get one?

This from Richard_Smith237.....

While getting a Pink ID card is quick IF you have a Yellow Tabien Baan house book, getting a Yellow Tabien Housebook is a fairly lengthy undertaking in itself and at some Amphur offices can take a while.... 

For example: 

1) Amphur Appointment (2 month wait)

2) Book Appointment at Brit Embassy (2 weeks wait)

3) Obtain Certified Copy of Passport (at Embassy)

4) Go to translation service at MFA building (wait an hour while they translate Copy of passport)

5) Go to MFA - Submit documents, get Translation certified by MFA (3 Days)

6) Go to Amphur office with required documents and witnesses

7) Amphur take about 2 hours to process the Yellow Tabien Baan housebook (lots of paperwork)

8. Receive the Yellow Tabien Baan

9) Also Get the Pink ID (an additional 20 mins)

For a lot of people the benefits of the Yellow House Book do not justify the hassle it takes to get one. 

Too much hassle for my liking and I have always managed to prove my identity with my passport or Thai driving License.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF you don’t have the Pink ID, then you have never tried to use it. How do you know that no official office, Bank etc or anywhere you need to show ID will not recognise the Pink ID if you have one ???

Additionally, Mor Promt was a nationwide application - that recognised the Pink ID and you would have been able to book a vaccination. 

Are you creating your own confirmation bias that no-one in your area will accept the Pink ID without really knowing that ?

Errrr I asked lol!  Actually I wanted to get the YB/PC but after I attended our local amphur and found out the huge run around required (see xylophone's excellent post above) I decided to check around.  I was due for visa extension a few weeks later in the next province (we didnt have our own imm office then) so I enquired with Imm office and was told not needed, passport enough.  While there I also renewed my drivers lic and enquired because I have heard some traffic offices accept YB/PC as proof of residence but no it was not acceptable.  I still had to pay 500 baht to immigration for PoR.  We now have our own Imm office and I now attend the traffic office there and the situation is the same  "Yellow book?....mai ow"!

Then there is the other side where I have never ever been asked for it, only my passport.  I have been here 17 years this time.  I have a drivers lic, worked as teacher 10 years with work permit and Non O B.  I have built a house, bought a new toyota P/u, have a/c's with 4 different banks and just had my first covid jab today after registering on the 7th....and all with just my passport!  (pic attached as I am sure you doubt it)

As I have stated many times, but people choose to ignore it, is that it all depends on where you live.  I would have to take 2 air flights, book hotels etc...a lot of running around and expense for something nobody wants WHERE I LIVE.

Have a look at xylophones post and ask yourself would you go through all that if you live remote just to get a card and a book to sit in your drawer gathering dust?

vaccDay1.jpg

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh dear.....   Search function....   

https://www.isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/

Just went to get my passport translated in order to apply for a pink card........but was told I have to go to the British Embassy to have the passport certified first.........W.T.F!

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, davidst01 said:

I had a shocker of a nights sleep. When I went to bed I could not sleep all night more or less. I experienced sinus issues (blocked nose) and weird pains over my body. I sometimes had small head aches on the front of my head. Last night I thought the feeling was the same as being at high altitude eg the in Andes in South America. This morning  feel completely drained of energy and minor head ache

Last night I also had the chills and then later really hot. 

I suppose its all a sign that my body is working???

Did you have any hot female company to assist in making you hot? (not a Thai bashing comment).

20 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Errrr I asked lol!  Actually I wanted to get the YB/PC but after I attended our local amphur and found out the huge run around required (see xylophone's excellent post above) I decided to check around.  I was due for visa extension a few weeks later in the next province (we didnt have our own imm office then) so I enquired with Imm office and was told not needed, passport enough.  While there I also renewed my drivers lic and enquired because I have heard some traffic offices accept YB/PC as proof of residence but no it was not acceptable.  I still had to pay 500 baht to immigration for PoR.  We now have our own Imm office and I now attend the traffic office there and the situation is the same  "Yellow book?....mai ow"!

Then there is the other side where I have never ever been asked for it, only my passport.  I have been here 17 years this time.  I have a drivers lic, worked as teacher 10 years with work permit and Non O B.  I have built a house, bought a new toyota P/u, have a/c's with 4 different banks and just had my first covid jab today after registering on the 7th....and all with just my passport!  (pic attached as I am sure you doubt it)

As I have stated many times, but people choose to ignore it, is that it all depends on where you live.  I would have to take 2 air flights, book hotels etc...a lot of running around and expense for something nobody wants WHERE I LIVE.

Have a look at xylophones post and ask yourself would you go through all that if you live remote just to get a card and a book to sit in your drawer gathering dust?

vaccDay1.jpg

When I walk into the bank once a month to pay bills for my business they always ask for my id. I use the pink card. As if Im going to carry my passport.... 

• Confused 1