Thailand reports 3,355 new COVID-19 cases, 17 new deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Society for Online News Providers (SONP) has launched a new campaign called “Save Thai 2021”, aiming to use online news channels to provide complete, accurate and reliable information to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The SONP said the initiative will strive to minimize public confusion and misunderstanding and will help Thais overcome this crisis together, with reliable information and content beneficial to the public. Under the campaign, members of the SONP will set up a special page for all COVID-19 related news on their platforms.

The page will contain the latest news and updates relating to COVID-19 from all sources, including daily updates on infections in Thailand and ASEAN, as well as inoculation rates, recovery rates and death tolls, and news and updates produced by a joint editorial group, comprising editors from members of the SONP.

May be an image of text that says "SIEN NBT WORLD 8 NEWS SOCIETY ONLINE PROVIDERS SONP ผนึกกำลังข่าวออนไลน์ สู้ภัยโควิด Save Thai 2021 S Online News Providers L”unch Campaign for Reliable Information on COVID-19"

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158078888262050

From Who? and where? will they obtain their information.  Will they be the only news source? If not, confusion will remain.

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

And due to the new variants as the natural cycle of viruses become less dangerous, I confirm this is good news

The latest variants seem to have missed that particular memo

Can you show some evidence that these new variants have become less dangerous? 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Time for mass testing now

Have you gone and got tested yet? 

Or do you just expect everyone else to go and get tested?

Because according to you, you should really be tested to stop hiding it.

Edited by RobMuir

10 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Read BKK Brian's comment

Whats that got to do with you claiming that:

"And due to the new variants as the natural cycle of viruses become less dangerous, I confirm this is good news"

You mean to tell me that based on todays death figures its proof of your claim?

How does Thailand classify it covid deaths, seen any publications?

Why would the Original, Alpha and Delta variant provide the lowest death rates in the world in Thailand only?

How many covid pcr tests are published each day from Thailand?

Would you like to see some scientific studies that completely refute your claim?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I hope you are wrong and it is the death count that is all important.

I don't think any of us one month ago would have predicted so a low death number.

I thought a month ago that fatality numbers would be declining in June. Now, I think we will be in double digits at least through July. 

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I guess the Bangkok Governor doesn’t have a Facebook account and so didn’t see the PM’s order to reopen public parks as well as museums, beauty clinics, tattoo shops/nail salons & foot massage parlours. Or is he upset that the PM rescinded his order 2 weeks ago? @mrinaldawar

UPDATE: Bangkok has now officially signed off on the reopening of selected business incl public parks, museums and beauty clinics, starting today. #COVID19

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1404305293941510145

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Why do you think that ? Just wondering as your previous posts have had tendency to downplay the testing regime here.  So do you think it is a case that there will be more accurate reporting that will allow actual cases numbers to be notified as a continuing upward trend or do you think it is because that although the testing numbers are hardly increasing, the transmissibility due to say the delta variant is starting to have an effect ? 

It seems that numbers of hospital walk-ins predict emergence of new clusters, which increase daily case numbers. 

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's only going to continue to worsen unless there is a proper and total lockdown of the affected areas for a longer period of time until the majority are vaccinated.

I don't see any social distancing being practiced anywhere here in Chonburi; at open air wet markets especially people show almost total disregard for any COVID-19 preventative measures. 

A proper and total lockdown isn't on the cards - restrictions are being relaxed, not tightened!  With case rates remaining relatively stable and death rates declining, the ineffective partial (and illogical) lockdown will hopefully be relaxed even more,

Vaccinations are key, but if you wait for the "majority" to be vaccinated you'll be waiting years and it may not even be achievable.

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:

Since 1 April 2021

170,401 people infected (+10 imported cases & +3,345 local cases)

1,372 dead +17

39,854 in care

1,261 in ICU & 360 on ventilators

3,530 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1404311419441410055

3 hours ago, RobMuir said:

The all important death rate continues to decline thank Buddha.

Despite all the Negative Nancys and Doomsday Debbie's posting here everyday I am getting more optimistic that the Thais yet again have pulled off a near miracle with the handling of this British variant wave than killed hundreds of thousands of people in other countries. 

We are not out of the woods yet, but the exponential growth that we saw in Europe and especially England hasn't occurred and looking like it won't.

I would like to thank the Thais for keeping us alive and would also like to take a moment to remember the over 2,000 Thais that sadly died from covid in Europe and the USA that were not so lucky.

RIP

LOL

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

In a press briefing by

@oc_ccsa @ddc_riskcom

and BK Gov Asawin, officials explain the #COVID19 vaccination postponements that there’re delays in the quality assurance of this week’s lot. They insist the target of 6 mil doses is still on.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1404303757060362244

From the same source:

Bangkok Govenor Asawin insists that no one will lose their spot in the queue and as soon as new vaccines arrive for next week, mass inoculations will continue.

Politician Asawan: "Programmers. Put loops in the app so appointments reappear...."

Programmers: "What? While it's running?!"

Politician Asawan: "Good idea! But remember it was my idea".

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whats that got to do with you claiming that:

"And due to the new variants as the natural cycle of viruses become less dangerous, I confirm this is good news"

You mean to tell me that based on todays death figures its proof of your claim?

How does Thailand classify it covid deaths, seen any publications?

Why would the Original, Alpha and Delta variant provide the lowest death rates in the world in Thailand only?

How many covid pcr tests are published each day from Thailand?

Would you like to see some scientific studies that completely refute your claim?

In medical journals they indicate that viruses in general become more contagious with the new variants but cause fewer deaths, all because the viruses want to survive longer in the population.

Feel free to search the web for these specialized resources like Science and others.

Easy to understand if you are a virus

Edited by ICELANDMAN

3 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

With all of the controls in place, why are these numbers still hovering around 2000? They should just accept it and open the restaurants and bars with strick mask control, seating arrangements and cleaning.  Alcohol can be served with strict limits.

These numbers will not go down until there is massive ramp up of vaccinations for the BKK and other provinces.

Learn from Europe and USA.  We screwed up, but are now ready to return to normal.  Whatever normal is these days.

LOL again

I don't know what's more patently ridiculous:  That we're 3 months into this wave and he's still asking why the announced numbers are always within the same range; that because numbers won't go down until everyone is vaccinated we should just say screw it and let the numbers jump like crazy; or that bars can be open and operating in a socially distant and safe manner that won't lead to higher cases

It's just all so insane

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lower deaths again today which can only be good news but is this due to its new deaths from covid policy?

If so then its under counting much like its under counting of road deaths where they only classify a death on the scene and not if they die in hospital later due to the injury.

How did they change the fatality reporting standard?

Thanks

• Like 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 1: 416,847

DAY 2: 472,128

DAY 3: 336,674

DAY 4: 223,315

DAY 5: 308,012

DAY 6: 108,204

DAY 7: 106,882

TOTAL: 2,087,603

13th June: 1st Dose:

Sinovac 26,583 | AstraZeneca 48,545

2nd Dose:

Sinovac 31,502 | AstraZeneca 252

TOTAL: 106,882 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1404314100830597122

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

In medical journals they indicate that viruses in general become more contagious with the new variants but cause fewer deaths, all because the viruses want to survive longer in the population.

Feel free to search the web for these specialized resources like Science and others.

Easy to understand if you are a virus

Who's talking about virus's in general? We are talking about the alpha and delta. They are not in anyway shape or form less dangerous

Today there are 17 deaths in #Thailand:

7 males & 10 females

Median age is 71 (54-85 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (14), and one each in Samut Prakan, Ayutthaya and Ang Thong

5 were infected from family

1 didn’t have any underlying diseases

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1404315178129264647

Aswin said those who have their appointments delayed will be prioritized once the vaccines arrived. Bangkok has received 500K doses from the health ministry, 350K of which are AstraZeneca and 150K are Sinovac. Almost all of them have already been used up, he said.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1404317823514468355

Opas Karnkawinpong of the DDC said 6 out of 8.1M doses acquired since February have already been administered and it may take some time to perform quality testing of the remaining doses before they can be distributed. He said the next batch should arrive by July 2 at the latest.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Have you gone and got tested yet? 

Or do you just expect everyone else to go and get tested?

Because according to you, you should really be tested to stop hiding it.

Tested...............bloody hell.

I have had around 24 PCR tests and 10 antigen tests so far in 2020 and 2021.  All negative.  This is because I travel for business and am still travelling for business worldwide.  

All negative as I had Covid, so it seems, early in 2020 before the tests were available.  Its impossible to tell if you had it with any certainty, as healthy strong people will have a T-Cell response which kills the virus.  They will not have antibodies post Covid.

Only those with weak immune systems were the T Cell system fails to work, then the 2nd line of defence comes into action and they get antibodies to try to kill the virus.  In these people they can measure if they had Covid or not in the recent past by them having antibodies present.

So for me, I am travelling the world, on planes, in airports, on buses, in taxi's and all is well, not vaccinated and no need for it for me.

However, if I was in Thailand at this moment in time again, I would not get tested.........as its a sentence to 14 days being locked up.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

How did they change the fatality reporting standard?

Thanks

Not as far as I'm aware? However they did hint at it in a press briefing at the weekend:

"Around two-thirds of Covid-19 patients possibly died due to non-communicable diseases and not Covid-19 itself, the Department of Disease Control has said. Statistics show that patients with high blood pressure have a 2.17 times higher risk of death than other infected persons."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220246-thailand-reports-3277-new-covid-19-cases-29-new-deaths/?tab=comments#comment-16559173

Out of 2,561 local cases (outside of prisons) most in

Bangkok - 925

Nakhon Pathom - 292

Nonthaburi - 232

Samut Prakan - 196

Samut Sakhon - 158

Songkhla - 106

Nakhon Si Thammarat - 93

Pathum Thani - 83

Pattani - 67

Chonburi - 56

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1404322672138350598