Vaccine registration in Pattaya area.(Expats)

banglay

Whey hey !  Got a vaxx appointment   (first time I tried register "result") at the Phyathai 2 hospital on the 29th July..... What the odds that it will get cancelled .

And any travel tips getting from  Sattahip area to Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok  ??  and what's the parking like once you get there ?? .

And is anyone interested in a travel share on that date ?

A general question  

Has anyone  from this area (Pattaya ish) actually gone to the "Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok" and received their Covid vaccination ??.

If so what was the procedure and how long from  entering to exiting did it all take   ????  and more importantly what vaccine were you given ?.

2 minutes ago, banglay said:

A general question  

Has anyone  from this area (Pattaya ish) actually gone to the "Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok" and received their Covid vaccination ??.

If so what was the procedure and how long from  entering to exiting did it all take   ????  and more importantly what vaccine were you given ?.

I know for sure it is AZ vaccine.  I'd be interested to know total time as well but I don't think that's possible to know since this is the first time they have done this through this new online registration procedure, but since they heavily limited the number of people per appointment day, I'm guessing it will go pretty quick...and I'd bet money there will be no long queue lines or anything like that.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, banglay said:

A general question  

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I know for sure it is AZ vaccine.  I'd be interested to know total time as well but I don't think that's possible to know since this is the first time they have done this through this new online registration procedure, but since they heavily limited the number of people per appointment day, I'm guessing it will go pretty quick...and I'd bet money there will be no long queue lines or anything like that.

Harry2 posted his experience on the mega-thread. The important point was that they started well before the 2:00 time, at least an hour earlier AFAICR. So what do you do, turn up at 12:00 and in the hope of early service but with the risk of having to sit around in a public space for several hours, or turn up just before 2:00 and find that they've almost finished the vaccinations and maybe your dose has gone AWOL? Of course, that was just his experience at that time, things may well have changed since then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Harry2 posted his experience on the mega-thread. The important point was that they started well before the 2:00 time, at least an hour earlier AFAICR. So what do you do, turn up at 12:00 and in the hope of early service but with the risk of having to sit around in a public space for several hours, or turn up just before 2:00 and find that they've almost finished the vaccinations and maybe your dose has gone AWOL? Of course, that was just his experience at that time, things may well have changed since then.

I guess we all know that ANYTHING is possible here in the Magic Kingdom LOL.  We could all get a text message tomorrow saying that vaccinations have been "postponed until further notice". 

I think the best bet is just to show up at least 30 minutes before your appointment (to fill out paperwork etc).  If you are there at your appointed time I can't imagine they would have given your dose away to someone else.

To be honest, "I'm on the fence" about even going to BKK next week.  The most concerning issue is whether intra-provincial travel will be an issue.  Hopefully the CCSA will clarify that tomorrow in the daily press briefing.

And then there is the fact that Chonburi Province has now been re-classified as a DEEP RED zone!  How will that effect things?  Perhaps the silver lining of that is that Pattaya will now be in line to receive more vaccines, and local vaccinations may very quickly become a reality (finally)!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I guess we all know that ANYTHING is possible here in the Magic Kingdom LOL.  We could all get a text message tomorrow saying that vaccinations have been "postponed until further notice". 

I think the best bet is just to show up at least 30 minutes before your appointment (to fill out paperwork etc).  If you are there at your appointed time I can't imagine they would have given your dose away to someone else.

To be honest, "I'm on the fence" about even going to BKK next week.  The most concerning issue is whether intra-provincial travel will be an issue.  Hopefully the CCSA will clarify that tomorrow in the daily press briefing.

And then there is the fact that Chonburi Province has now been re-classified as a DEEP RED zone!  How will that effect things?  Perhaps the silver lining of that is that Pattaya will now be in line to receive more vaccines, and local vaccinations may very quickly become a reality (finally)!

And then there is the fact that Chonburi Province has now been re-classified as a DEEP RED zone!  How will that effect things?  Perhaps the silver lining of that is that Pattaya will now be in line to receive more vaccines, and local vaccinations may very quickly become a reality (finally)

I think if that happens  Pattaya will be the dumping ground for the sh*tovac or sinovac vaccine  and all the good stuff will stay in Bangkok to keep all the HiSo's happy ... 

Edited by banglay

26 minutes ago, banglay said:

And then there is the fact that Chonburi Province has now been re-classified as a DEEP RED zone!  How will that effect things?  Perhaps the silver lining of that is that Pattaya will now be in line to receive more vaccines, and local vaccinations may very quickly become a reality (finally)

I think if that happens  Pattaya will be the dumping ground for the sh*tovac or sinovac vaccine  and all the good stuff will stay in Bangkok to keep all the HiSo's happy ... 

I don't know what a "HiSo" is but the official stance of the CCSA has been to administer AZ to those 60 and over and/or with co-morbidities, and SinoVac to all others, and now to give healthcare workers and first responders 1 shot of AZ as a booster if they already received vax with SInoVac, and they seem to be sticking with that policy.

Edited by WaveHunter

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I don't know what a "HiSo" is but the official stance of the CCSA has been to administer AZ to those 60 and over and/or with co-morbidities, and SinoVac to all others, and now to give healthcare workers and first responders 1 shot of AZ as a booster if they already received vax with SInoVac, and they seem to be sticking with that policy.

I have a number of friend in BKK  all very very well connected ,all in the 40 ish age group , fit and healthy  .and all have  received the AZ vaccine  in the first wave roll-out (both doses now)  .. 

Just now, banglay said:

I have a number of friend in BKK  all very very well connected ,all in the 40 ish age group , fit and healthy  .and all have  received the AZ vaccine  in the first wave roll-out (both doses now)  .. 

Yes... I know some too. Connections helped.

13 minutes ago, banglay said:

Could your very very well connected friends not pull a few strings for you to 'jump the queue'?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Could your very very well connected friends not pull a few strings for you to 'jump the queue'?

Getting my first shot in 10 days time ...and "NOT" by the back door   but I do have to travel 162 km for the privilege (if I am allowed)  but  that's a small price to pay   in my opinion for some peace of mind.... because in the next few months the sh*t is really going to hit the covid fan in SE Asia  ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, banglay said:

Getting my first shot in 10 days time ...and "NOT" by the back door   but I do have to travel 162 km for the privilege (if I am allowed)  but  that's a small price to pay   in my opinion for some peace of mind.... because in the next few months the sh*t is really going to hit the covid fan in SE Asia  ????

Yes, i agree with you, the sooner the better for vaccine.

I also agree that things are going to get messy in Thailand in the coming months.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if it is allowed to travel from Pattaya to Bangkok to get vaccinated on Tuesday (travel restrictions). Is a Covid-test or quarantine required?

Edited by andre47
typo

4 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Do anybody know if it is allowed to travel from Pattaya to Bangkok to get vaccinated on Tuesday (travel restrictions). Is a Covid-test or quarantine required?

Maybe call City Hall on 1337 in the morning and ask. I'm concerned that we may be able to sort out the paperwork needed to leave Pattaya to go to Bangkok, but what about the paperwork needed to come back the same day? Will the Bangkok cops recognise our situation and allow us to go on our way, or will they be looking for money or, even worse, refuse to let us travel back? Or worst of all, force us into some sort of quarantine? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I went to the City Hall this morning and they told me that I can travel to Bangkok and back for the purpose of vaccination. If there will be a check point I just show my hospital appointment.

Will they accept the SMS text from the hospital as proof at the check point?  or if not how to get proof of appointment from the hospital.   everything is as clear as mud as per usual ????

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I went to the City Hall this morning and they told me that I can travel to Bangkok and back for the purpose of vaccination. If there will be a check point I just show my hospital appointment.

Thanks. And they didn't tell you that you needed a permit to travel?

The news currently says that they will install a checkpoint at each province's border, which will mean at least three of them between Pattaya and central Bangkok. That will inevitably mean long queues so it would be wise to allow a few extra hours for the journey. If you're travelling by taxi, I'd call your driver and ask him what he thinks. If you're going by bus, maybe catch an earlier one than you'd planned.

Good luck tomorrow, please let us know how it went as quite a few Pattaya residents are supposed to travel to Phyathai2 on Wednesday to Friday.

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

Thanks. And they didn't tell you that you needed a permit to travel?

The news currently says that they will install a checkpoint at each province's border, which will mean at least three of them between Pattaya and central Bangkok. That will inevitably mean long queues so it would be wise to allow a few extra hours for the journey. If you're travelling by taxi, I'd call your driver and ask him what he thinks. If you're going by bus, maybe catch an earlier one than you'd planned.

Good luck tomorrow, please let us know how it went as quite a few Pattaya residents are supposed to travel to Phyathai2 on Wednesday to Friday.

I am planning weather permitting to go on my motorbike and  not my car , hopefully I can filter through to the front  at  the  check points  and I am also planning  a few alternate routes to by pass any of the  check points if needed . 

and it would be nice if people who have appointment at Phyathai 2 can let people know where any check points may be ( for armed if for warned )

56 minutes ago, banglay said:

Will they accept the SMS text from the hospital as proof at the check point?  or if not how to get proof of appointment from the hospital.   everything is as clear as mud as per usual ????

I will report tomorrow if they don't lock me 555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, banglay said:

Can you print it off? Might look better and be easier to  hand over a sheet of paper than sharing the phone screen. 

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Can you print it off? Might look better and be easier to  hand over a sheet of paper than sharing the phone screen. 

I copied the text into a text file and printed it. Of course anyone could fake that so it's good to have the SMS loaded on the phone as well. 

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I copied the text into a text file and printed it. Of course anyone could fake that so it's good to have the SMS loaded on the phone as well. 

I have done the same but also added a Thai translation of it too .. because not all Thai can read English..  and it might speed things up a touch ...

Just now, banglay said:

I have done the same but also added a Thai translation of it too .. because not all Thai can read English..  and it might speed things up a touch ...

Good idea but hopefully it's not one of those lost in translation tranlastions.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good idea but hopefully it's not one of those lost in translation tranlastions.

All ready run it by a Khun Thai who speaks excellent English  and Google translated it perfectly ..

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Phone screen copy?

• Thanks 1