Vaccine registration in Pattaya area.(Expats)

banglay

I've registered at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital for the Moderna vaccine.  They said October-December for the vaccines to arrive.

Unfortunately they said the government is the middle man.

Price was 3,800 baht. 

18 and over only

Edited by MrJ2U
Misspelled word
  • Like 2

On their instructions emailed Pattaya Memorial as my records are there. Despite reminder got nothing back. They said on phone they have no vaccines yet.  Registered on Thai1intervac but couldn't make an appointment and Bangkok Pattaya has now been taken of the list. Pattaya has very low priority for jabs and those that have come have been sequestered for officials at risk elders not getting a look in!

I got a text this morning from Memorial to call and register for Moderna in October.  Called and they want me to go there and pay ฿2,000 now to get on the list.  I explained as patiently as I could that I'm happy to pay when they actually have vaccine on the shelves, but not when they not only don't have any, but don't really know when they'll get any.  That was as far as I got.

When I think I'm starting to understand Thai's, they throw one of these at me.  ????

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

I got a text this morning from Memorial to call and register for Moderna in October.  Called and they want me to go there and pay ฿2,000 now to get on the list.  I explained as patiently as I could that I'm happy to pay when they actually have vaccine on the shelves, but not when they not only don't have any, but don't really know when they'll get any.  That was as far as I got.

When I think I'm starting to understand Thai's, they throw one of these at me.  ????

That sounds suspicious, someone's had an idea how to make some money

• Like 1

I went to register at Pattaya City Hospital on Monday but they would not let me register because they had no vaccines. They suggested I go to BPH on Sukhumvit but as already posted they are out of vaccines too. 

I will await further news along with everybody else.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:34 AM, banglay said:

Taken off Bangkok Pattaya hospitals Main page website today 16/06

Screenshot 2021-06-16 103033.png

Which is unfortunate as many of the people who most need to be vaccinated (older ones) are the least likely to be on social media.

And it would be good if they'd published their FB address without assuming that people would know how to find it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I guess the problem they've got now is that, as we've seen on the various vaccine threads on Thai Visa, quite a few expats are registering at every and any place that will take their name. Not surprisingly, the hospitals want to have a good idea of how many doses they'll definitely need to buy, so it's predictable that they'll want a deposit of some sort before ordering them. This wouldn't have happened if the idiot-in-charge had simply allowed hospitals to buy and sell vaccines from the start, but now the number of doses that people have registered for might be five times what will actually be required, with little chance of being able to sell any surplus on to the Thai public at that price. Prayut and Anutin cock everything up yet again!

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

I guess the problem they've got now is that, as we've seen on the various vaccine threads on Thai Visa, quite a few expats are registering at every and any place that will take their name. Not surprisingly, the hospitals want to have a good idea of how many doses they'll definitely need to buy, so it's predictable that they'll want a deposit of some sort before ordering them. This wouldn't have happened if the idiot-in-charge had simply allowed hospitals to buy and sell vaccines from the start, but now the number of doses that people have registered for might be five times what will actually be required, with little chance of being able to sell any surplus on to the Thai public at that price. Prayut and Anutin cock everything up yet again!

This is not "a deposit of some sort" this is payment up front in full with no confirmed date. A bit one-sided. 

Having said that what you say about them having possible concerns about people over registering makes sense. 

I can understand them looking for some commitment, but this is at best a questionable business practice that does not reflect well on them. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Did they ever have any to be out of?

I don't think BPH ever had any vaccine for the public.  The last time I checked a friend who works there had not yet been vaccinated, although some others had.  

22 hours ago, DefaultName said:

And now they are not answering the phone. 

On 6/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, cauldlad said:

Myself and my Thai wife registered at Pattaya International soi 4 ten days ago but they have no idea when they will receive any vaccines!!

Personally I will be very surprised if it happens this year. 

agree with YOU  !!!

I thought I'd have a look at the ThailandIntervac/expatriate website again, but it's vanished and you just get redirected to the old version. Is this good news, that they're working like beavers to fix things so have taken the expatriate version completely offline? Or is it just that they don't give a rat's ass?

On 6/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, MrJ2U said:

I've registered at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital for the Moderna vaccine.  They said October-December for the vaccines to arrive.

Unfortunately they said the government is the middle man.

Price was 3,800 baht. 

18 and over only

Interesting comment the hospital made to you.

I was under the belief the private hospitals would be buying the vaccines direct from the pharmaceutical companies.

If what the hospital said to you is true, I would not be surprised if high up authorities are diverting Thai tax payer funded vaccines to the private hospitals, so foreigners can pay 3,800 baht, with the money being split between the hospital and corrupt officials.  Cha-Ching.  

On 6/17/2021 at 12:30 PM, bert bloggs said:

I live in Pattaya,luckily i have a pink card so got registered on mor prom ,the wife registered me with samitivit hospital Sri Racha ,got the az on the 9th

As far as I got it the Mor Prom App stopped making appointments... Maybe I got it wrong...

18 hours ago, Guderian said:

I thought I'd have a look at the ThailandIntervac/expatriate website again, but it's vanished and you just get redirected to the old version. Is this good news, that they're working like beavers to fix things so have taken the expatriate version completely offline? Or is it just that they don't give a rat's ass?

Same here.. 

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Interesting comment the hospital made to you.

I was under the belief the private hospitals would be buying the vaccines direct from the pharmaceutical companies.

If what the hospital said to you is true, I would not be surprised if high up authorities are diverting Thai tax payer funded vaccines to the private hospitals, so foreigners can pay 3,800 baht, with the money being split between the hospital and corrupt officials.  Cha-Ching.  

Private hospitals are required to purchase vaccines through the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) as vaccine makers are only allowed to sell to a government under "emergency use" approvals.

Per articles citing statements by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand, hospitals will be purchasing the Moderna vaccine, but first they must negotiate with the maker as to number of doses, price, and date(s) they will receive it. Once that process is completed, they will advise the GPO to make the purchase for them.  

They continue to state that vaccines will not be available until the last quarter of this year with October being the earliest. Further, that the cost will be about 3,800 baht inclusive of both doses.

Edited by soisanuk

28 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

As far as I got it the Mor Prom App stopped making appointments... Maybe I got it wrong...

Sorry but the wife registered me weeks ago, and after my vacination i have a registation form with my next appointment on it.

Pattaya Memorial is taking bookings right now, up until June 25th, for Moderna in October. It may sound a joke but I went there twice as I am registered there. The first time there were relatively few people around, but today there were a lot more. 4000 THB up front for 2 shots. I'm sure they will take as many as they can on board.

It's extremely difficult for the private hospitals to undertake offering vaccines of any sort, without requiring money up front. They have to order, and buy, from the government well in advance I believe. So, they need to know exactly how much to order. If 5000 turn up and say yes, we'd like Moderna in October, and the hospital asks for no surety, how can the hospital place the order? The expats could be registering at multiple hospitals, change their minds or find a better deal. The rule is, they can cancel, we can't. So I think expect to be asked to pay up front. There are strict government guidelines on how the private sector operates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Sorry but the wife registered me weeks ago, and after my vacination i have a registation form with my next appointment on it.

I tried since weeks but could never get through. Good on you if you were lucky..

An hour ago, I got a call from the Banglamung health department that my vaccination date is CONFIRMED  and that I could come to get my first shot of Astra Zeneca on the 21th! So I guess that Pattaya/Banglamung are really serious about going forward with vaccinating everybody, no matter Thai or foreigner. I registered the date through the Mor Prom app on the first day it was published through my pink ID card. I did not get any feedback until this morning.

The person on the phone was then of course very sad when I had to tell him, that I am travelling to Switzerland to get my Moderna shot and therefore have to cancel my appointment... maybe I just ruined a photo-op

Kudos, ???? Pattaya / Banglamung / Pattaya City hospital for a very positive surprise this morning, even though I don't need anymore.

• Like 1