Vaccine registration in Pattaya area.(Expats)

banglay

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

It always, but always has some major negative consequences, but having said that, the advantages out-way the disadvantages, in my view. I would not like to have been in any of the Western countries during the early stages of this pandemic. I am not too bunched about waiting for the vaccine of my choice to become available here. It strikes me that the stress that some are clearly  feeling, on not getting an immediate vaccine, is as damaging to their well being as the virus.  Its all about risk mitigation.  Don't break the rules, don't take unnecessary risks, don't go near crowds and wait out the vaccine issue. 

Should you catch covid, and be one of the unlucky ones who react to it, what chances do you think you have a getting on a ventilator in ICU here, giving you the best, and possibly only chance of survival?  I would say slim, at best.  

Depending where you are from, you may have had the use of a life saving ventilator in such circumstances, but I doubt they have many to go around here.  

Given the vaccine supply and vaccination rate is slow here, and there were over 9000 new cases and 91 deaths, I'm thinking most of their ventilators are already in use.

Many will die in Thailand while awaiting vaccination, a true failure of government here, and given it appears foreigners are at the end of the queue, I can see why many expats are leaving for their home country. 

Thailand is not worth dying for.  

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 2:17 PM, WaveHunter said:

LOL, call me Mr. Paranoid but I won't get on an elevator with other people these days, or if I have to, I hold my breath, which is not so easy to do from my condo on the 21st floor!

You could use the stairs and get some exercise at the same time ????

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Should you catch covid, and be one of the unlucky ones who react to it, what chances do you think you have a getting on a ventilator in ICU here, giving you the best, and possibly only chance of survival?  I would say slim, at best.  

Depending where you are from, you may have had the use of a life saving ventilator in such circumstances, but I doubt they have many to go around here.  

Given the vaccine supply and vaccination rate is slow here, and there were over 9000 new cases and 91 deaths, I'm thinking most of their ventilators are already in use.

Many will die in Thailand while awaiting vaccination, a true failure of government here, and given it appears foreigners are at the end of the queue, I can see why many expats are leaving for their home country. 

Thailand is not worth dying for.  

Sorry mate, but I just don't think that way. I lesson my risk by taking seasonable, sensible  measures  to avoid exposure, but I don't think much about all the things that can kill me, like heart attack and stroke for example.  Treatment for both of those may also not be available here, or not available quickly enough to save me,  but I refuse to spend my life stressing about something I can do little to nothing about.  Life as they say, is way too short and I have other stuff to occupy me.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

If anyone truly believes that Thailand is a 3rd World Country, then they've never been to a real 3rd world country before.

I've been to many, lived and worked in a few also.

Many expats here have never been to the villages, and I mean, "the villages."  They are pretty much 3rd World.

On another note, there's a reason why Thailand is known as "the world's brothel."  if not 3rd World, why would that be? 

They certainly have 3rd World governance and corruption here, wouldn't you agree?   

26 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Sorry mate, but I just don't think that way. I lesson my risk by taking seasonable, sensible  measures  to avoid exposure, but I don't think much about all the things that can kill me, like heart attack and stroke for example.  Treatment for both of those may also not be available here, or not available quickly enough to save me,  but I refuse to spend my life stressing about something I can do little to nothing about.  Life as they say, is way too short and I have other stuff to occupy me.   

So if you are not concerned about catching covid and / or being vaccinated, why are you posting on this thread?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So if you are not concerned about catching covid and / or being vaccinated, why are you posting on this thread?

With respect, that is not what I said. I do want a vaccine and, as I said, I am taking sensible precautions because I am aware of covid and its possible repercussions.  What I said was that I am not getting stressed about either of those things.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

49 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Is that the same WHO who said that the coronavirus was reported to be not transferable from human to human by the Chinese

Oh I see ... you are a real Corona-Expert. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

With respect, that is not what I said. I do want a vaccine and, as I said, I am taking sensible precautions because I am aware of covid and its possible repercussions.  What I said was that I am not getting stressed about both of those things.  

I'm not stressed, either.  

I'm healthy, and keep myself in reasonable shape for my age.   I exercise regularly, and watch my diet and alcohol intake.  

I am merely looking at options in the region on how to get vaccinated, preferably with my choice of vaccine.

Others, who may be a lot older than me, possibly with some health issues, may indeed be stressed by the Thai government's actions, and inaction, and rightly so.  What would be your advice to them?  

Edited by Leaver

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I'm not stressed, either.  

I'm healthy, and keep myself in reasonable shape for my age.   I exercise regularly, and watch my diet and alcohol intake.  

I am merely looking at options in the region on how to get vaccinated, preferably with my choice of vaccine.

Others, who may be a lot older than me, possibly with some health issues, may indeed be stressed, and rightly so.  What would be your advice to them?  

I don't give advice. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I've been to many, lived and worked in a few also.

Many expats here have never been to the villages, and I mean, "the villages."  They are pretty much 3rd World.

On another note, there's a reason why Thailand is known as "the world's brothel."  if not 3rd World, why would that be? 

They certainly have 3rd World governance and corruption here, wouldn't you agree?   

I'm also well travelled off the beaten path in many countries and I've seen far worse places than I've seen here in Thailand.  True, you could define many of the more remote villages in Thailand as 3rd world, but as a whole country, I'd just have to argue with that.

As for Thailand being "the world's brothel", I think that's a reach, and I'm not sure how that equates with being a third world country.  What's more, foreigners that are actually "sexpats" are more responsible for that than anything.

As for political corruption, I see just as much of that in 1st world countries, if not more.

Every country in the world has elements that define a third world existence, including the United States.  If you've ever travelled through Appalachia you know what I mean.  Hell, there are parts of Los Angeles and San Francisco that meet that definition, bu nobody refers to the US as a third world country, and neither should people say that about Thailand.

I disagree with you but respect the right for you to have your opinion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rott said:

Just had a call from my ex up in the Nakhon saying it was on Thai news hours ago that Farang in Pattaya, especially the older ones an now get vaccinated free. 

So it must be true then. 

Did you say, "But darling, you tell me I am young man.  Does that mean I not get vaccine soon?"   

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, rott said:

Just had a call from my ex up in the Nakhon saying it was on Thai news hours ago that Farang in Pattaya, especially the older ones an now get vaccinated free. 

So it must be true then. 

i was 5 weeks ago

3 hours ago, rott said:

So it must be true then. 

Any chance that you could get the specific link to that source?

11 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's a tough situation. Agreeing to take the Chinese jabs might mean you will get vaccinated and getting some level of protection sooner but it won't allow you to travel to most Western countries without quarantining.

Personally I will not take the Chinese vaccs for that reason alone.

In Thailand, people who have had 2 jabs of the Sino, are now being set up for a 3rd (non-Sino)  booster.... well those in special groups are. (Medical workers, VIPs, Hi-Sos and friends of those in power). Regular folks will be denied any jab to accommodate this. 

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In Thailand, people who have had 2 jabs of the Sino, are now being set up for a 3rd (non-Sino)  booster.... well those in special groups are. (Medical workers, VIPs, Hi-Sos and friends of those in power). Regular folks will be denied any jab to accommodate this. 

A senior nurse I spoke with at Samitivej Hospital confirms that she must get a 3rd jab now (received first two back in April /May), and the real rub is that a) she is having trouble getting an appointment, and b) She will have to pay for it out of her own pocket! 

You'd think that a medical worker in a hospital would have no issues getting properly vaccinated, but it just goes to show that this ridiculous situation is not confined to just foreigners.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

You'd think that a medical worker in a hospital would have no issues getting properly vaccinated, but it just goes to show that this ridiculous situation is not confined to just foreigners.

Well someone I know, a nurse, had no problem getting her husband jabbed, and he got AZ. Can only say the whole thing is a bloody farrago.

• Like 2

Well, well, well...surprise, surprise!  It's 8:45am, and guess who's website is down?  I guess we can probably add this to the growing list of failed registration schemes for foreigners !@#$%

497918804_snapshot_2021-07-12at8_45_28AM.jpg.82724ad4581f3cc42c1cdccddf408be2.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, banglay said:

UPDATE   a Thai friend past on this site to register for a Vaccine in Chonburi Province  .

I have just   filled in the form and registered and submitted it  ..where it asks for a Thai ID number I just put 13 zeros and it accepted that ( this part needs filling in for the registration to be  processed ) 

I do not know if the site is working or not for Farangs but I/we have nothing to lose. 

PS the site is in Thai ..if your PC doesn't auto translate the page   just right hand click anywhere on the page  and then click  Translate to English.

https://www.thansettakij.com/general-news/482294

OK. it's very cool that you're actively testing the limits of that system, but it's basic common sense that they didn't intend anyone without that Thai ID number to register. So all I can say is good luck and let us know the eventual results.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK. it's very cool that you're actively testing the limits of that system, but it's basic common sense that they didn't intend anyone without that Thai ID number to register. So all I can say is good luck and let us know the eventual results.

So you are Basically  saying I have "NO COMMON SENSE "..... thank you so much ....I was only try to help people on this forum  by passing  on this site   ..In future  I will stop posting when I have any more info ..

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, banglay said:

So you are Basically you are say I have "NO COMMON SENSE "..... thank you so much ....I was only try to help people on this forum  by passing  on this site   ..In future  I will stop posting when I have any more info ..

Sorry, maybe you're taking the <deleted>, but I never said that you had no common sense. Indeed, I PRAISED you for testing that system. If you're sincerely offended, please accept my apology and PLEASE do post the results of your registration effort. If you don't accept my apology, why would you change your posting behavior because you're angry with one member?