Thailand targets reopening within 120 days as economy flounders

snoop1130

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So now I know that that how long is a piece of string analogy I uses only has 120 more days until we find its end.  Who wants in on the bet that the 120 days is overshot.....anyone.....yeah I think so too......

Strange ,how he picked 120 days, that's the time a lot of people are getting their second shot of the AZ vaccine. There might be a lot of over do things going on in 120 days.

local vaccination and fully vaccinated tourists don't go hand in hands.

We know for a  fact that fully vaccinated people cannot be infected.. so why quarantine fully vaccinated tourists?

and Thai people will be partials vaccinated and still has to wait for 16 weeks to get the second dosage? how that is going to work? it is not related.

Thailand should just opens the country for fully vaccinated tourists with no quarantine and for the useless  covid 19 health insurance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The Sinovac vaccine is not very effective against the Delta variant.

And now the Delta variant is spreading all over Thailand.  There is going to be 2 or 3 months of increasing infections now.

And the point missed by many.......... it seems clear to me a majority of Thai's do not want the vaccine.  So they may not even get to 50% with the 1st jab by October.

And for all those who claim this is nonsense.......watch the vaccination figures slow right down once the vaccine hungry people are all done.

I am sure in around 6 to 8 weeks there will be many reports of "double Sinovac vaccinated people getting Delta Covid".  Wait and see.  More lockdowns coming imo, and all opening plans will be pushed back.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

target could only be met if the vaccines are delivered according to the committed schedules

Yes the delivery trucks must follow the detour signs on Hwy 7 and 34 heading East out of Bangkok towards Pattaya, to take them back via the nearest U-Turn.

Edited by jacko45k

They are trying hard to say that if you have the vaccine and get the Delta variant it protects you........yes it does.

But they fail to say that fully vaccinated people have died and also in hospital in ICU who have the Delta variant.

It protects........but not 100%.....and in fact......the protection is quite diminished against the Delta, and thats with Pfizer and AZ.   The Sinovac is even greater reduction in efficacy.

Fully vaccinated people have gotten the Delta COVID variant. Should we be worried? - Macleans.ca

Let's see how many tourists come to Phuket. My personal opinion is very few as the costs involved are tremendous the airfares 

alone have tripuled  with the airlines that I checked then the hotels I suspect their prices will have also increased then the App data in Thailand using foreign SIMS is far more than for Thai's but most phones are locked to foreign networks. then the monsoon really not the best time to visit Thailand.   Obviously any one wanting to enter Thailand for personal family matters or business Phuket model is far more attractive than quarantine in Bangkok but there again the actual costs are far greater

8 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

It protects........but not 100%.....and in fact......the protection is quite diminished against the Delta, and thats with Pfizer and AZ.   The Sinovac is even greater reduction in efficacy.

The Pfizer-BioNTech jab was found to provide 79% protection against infection from the Delta variant, compared with 92% against the Alpha strain,

The Oxford-AstraZeneca jab offered 60% protection against infection with the Delta variant - compared with 73% for the Alpha variant.

Sky News

Over 50% is regarded as a suitable vaccine. 

Edited by jacko45k

26 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Should never have shut down to begin with. The long term damage is done. Reopen in 120 days or tomorrow...recover (maybe) in 120 months. 

Reopen in 120 days with at least 80% of hotels are gone, just as many bars and restaurants and all other shops.

People closed down because do not have money to keep going, doubt they will be rushing back to open up again and invest few million again o start again

Only ones standing are multinationals, which means your cheapest hotel room will be 2500 if you lucky

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“I know this decision comes with some risks because, when we open the country, there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions may be, but I think, when we consider the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take a calculated risk. The priorities for our country must now advance to the next level,” he added.

Time to spread the "Love", and full speed ahead.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The country was ahead of target in securing 105.5 million doses of coronavirus vaccine for this year, and would seek more supplies next year, Prayuth said in a nationally televised speech.

Really... so if ahead why the apology?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Strange how they are moving to secure many of these vaccines from abroad when they have a vaccine production facility right here in Thailand ....

Yeah but yeah but yeah but.... so sorry.

• Haha 1

Good news, after months of claiming it was not possible to order from other companies as their production was tied up, SHAZAM. As if by a miracle that has changed overnight. Late, yes, but, nice news this morning.

"Due to delays to the local production of AstraZeneca vaccines, Prayut said his government has signed deals with Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer and Moderna to deliver doses to the country. By the end of the year, the country should have had 100 million vaccines distributed or ready for distribution". 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28635/prayut-sets-october-reopening-target-for-thailand/