Phuket Sandbox: All tourists to wear location tracking wristbands

webfact

4 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Just what are the requirements for getting into Vietnam,  Cambodia or Laos right now. Bali? What are the alternatives, anyone know? Malaysia?

Are they even letting anyone in?

Just turn in your Thai tracking band to any of these countries to get in free.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fleccer said:

They don't want the tourists , do you understand it or not? They make you believe that they want to reopen, but in reality they aim to destroy the whole economy. 

It's a global project that only a very few countries are rebelling against it, which coincidentally are on the black list of the international community. 

please tell me more about this Global project and plan to destroy the whole economy, 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, goloeilmanz said:

What’s the point of being fully vaccinated if you still need to be in quarantine? Where is the logic…

are you really asking this?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, bolt said:

please tell me more about this Global project and plan to destroy the whole economy, 

2030 agenda , great reset. Have you ever heard about them? Lucky you 

Edited by fleccer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My heart goes out to all those foreigners who made the great misstep of buying a condo (and/or other properties) in Thailand; just see what they will have to endure to just be able to reach their properties (if not more is added)!

It almost happened to me but I had a great intuition of first visiting a "Thai Immigration Office" before embarking on such an adventure, and behold, what I saw left me in shock and awe! It was the absolute worst sight in Thailand ever (and God knows how many visits I made to that country).

• Like 1

Prior July 1st, they might come up with an allocated "minder", who will ensure you stay on path, and don't make any comments that would harm the reputation of this supreme holiday resort, and the sandbox crew of course.

Of course you're going to pay for the extra service.????

Well, if those "minders" would be former go-go bar employees, it might become a success story....the only so far.????????????

3 hours ago, John435 said:

Is it waterproof? What happens if you take it off? Presumably it needs charging at some point. 

Will they use the data to spot people leaving the island (not that anyone would be stupid enough to wear it while they did that) or are they going to be actively looking for groups of people in unexpected places on the island and then turning up to bust up drinking, etc?

You can't take them off, they are locked on like an felon's ankle bracelet

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, toolpush said:

I hope I can get one next time I arrive. Be great fun to put it through various torture tests like in the old Timex Watch commercials.

I’m a BSAC dive leader certified to 50 metres - I’m dying to put one through its paces… ???? 

• Haha 1