1 Hour Thai massage ฿100?

JDJD

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

If you think even little like Thai you pay more(if get good service). And yes im not talk "happy end"! Even im farang i try act like im not! I pay more if i think service was good and value was more than asking price!

I don't think Thais are particularly good tippers for massages so I wouldn't use them as an example

• Like 1

What i have notice, there is NO thai culture anymore in citys! Or its really rare. In Isaan i aways get polite answear and smile.Not in Khon Kaen Or Udon , when go BKK its terrable, even speak Thai( maybe not coz mostly isaan) they look down on you! One reason i hate town! LOL maybe coz they dont know how speak isaan!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

don't listen to the guys who love talking about tipping and how much they pay, but in reality rarely get a massage

Most likely many of them are posting from the basement of their parents house back in farangland !!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think Thais are particularly good tippers for massages so I wouldn't use them as an example

I dont know what kind Thai family you grown whit? if have money they tip and really more than needed! All can be cheap charlie!

Edited by 2 is 1

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the going rate is 100 baht that's why they charge it

TripAdvisor from 2014.....

The massage shops in the Khao San Road area in Banglamphu seemed to have fixed their Thai massage prices at 220 baht per hour. One shop was advertising it for 200 baht per hour, but we did not go there. 

In lower Sukhumvit Road area near the Nana BTS station area the going rate for one hour of Thai massage seems to be 300 baht.

At the end of Soi Buakhao and Pattaya Klang there's about a dozen massage shops that are offering 80-100 bht foot and Thai massage. Its not a Covid special as those prices were there pre Covid.

Those establishments are catered for the Cheap Charlie falang that Pattaya is known for that wont pay Bangkok prices for a massage as I don't think I ever saw a street massage place in Pattaya charging more then 200 bht for a foot and Thai massage.

The girls solely live on the tips alone as there was a sign in one of those 100 bht massage shops asking the costumer to please tip minimum 50 bht to your masseuse. How sad is that as I could only imagine what stingy fools would haggle a tip for these girls trying to make a living.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDJD said:

1 hour Thai massage for ฿100.

That's the standard price in Issan--- 199 for 2 hour, but don't mix Thai massage with Oil massage-- usually about 300 baht 1 hour.

Oil isn't traditional Thai.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Remember getting 63 baht to the pound and throwing money out of tuk-tuk......managed to blow £150 in one night just beer and lady drinks.

I was over in our office in BKK when the crash happened ended up about 92 to the pound,just couldnt believe it 

47 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Living in BKK the option wouldn't present itself, but if it did I would pay what I thought was the going rate 250/300.

There is a wat on the river in Bkk, last stop for the orange flag river boats just down from the Chatrium Riverside hotel. It's all very old with a lot of massage places  in the grounds, and these start at 100 baht for an hour. Personally I would not have one for free anywhere.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mrs is stingy but she always tips massage people well, they deserve it after listening to her natter non stop ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

How often have you been in a salon and actually seen Falang women give only Bht 20 tip, or nowt?

My Ex-gf worked traditional Thai massage in BKK.  (฿250/hr with ฿100 going to the masseuse).  No “extras” allowed per shop policy.  She said that it was customary for the women to only tip ฿20.  The European women would frequently not tip.  Farang men would tip $100 and the Japanese guys even more.  The women pretty much had it down to who would tip (and how much) based on gender/nationality.  

When I lived in Chiangmai, I had a guy who I would go to for foot massages and a small group of us would usually hang out daily in the shop getting 2 hour foot massages and talk.  So, we would see (and shake our heads) at how much the women tipped.  The women who worked in the shop dreaded the female customers as it was the same.  ฿20 or less.  They were actually most insulted when they would get a ฿10 tip and say that they would have preferred no tip at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I would feel terrible/ashamed only paying that much........I think at least 300 Baht would be fair for an hour.

Well you can tip much generously ...they will be happy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

How often have you been in a salon and actually seen Falang women give only Bht 20 tip, or nowt?

People tip in salons? I will inform my girlfriend that she should learn more about Thai culture, she never tips when going to a salon.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Living in BKK the option wouldn't present itself, but if it did I would pay what I thought was the going rate 250/300.

That is where you are wrong: I know at least of two places. Off Charoenkrung there is a whole street of Thai massage venues and that is the going rate. Also of Sukhumvit on massage parlour practises these rates  (next to another one at 300 Baht per hour ) 

I personally go for where I get the best massage and it happens to be at the Sukhumvit place (100 baht). I also go, more often as I live in the area, at a 250 baht per hour, at Silom. 

Prices usually go from 250 to 450 in Bangkok fr=or foot/body massage 

9 hours ago, nightfox said:

At the end of Soi Buakhao and Pattaya Klang there's about a dozen massage shops that are offering 80-100 bht foot and Thai massage. Its not a Covid special as those prices were there pre Covid.

Those establishments are catered for the Cheap Charlie falang that Pattaya is known for that wont pay Bangkok prices for a massage as I don't think I ever saw a street massage place in Pattaya charging more then 200 bht for a foot and Thai massage.

The girls solely live on the tips alone as there was a sign in one of those 100 bht massage shops asking the costumer to please tip minimum 50 bht to your masseuse. How sad is that as I could only imagine what stingy fools would haggle a tip for these girls trying to make a living.

Wrong, they are mostly for tourists and Thai, hence why they are so quiet, usually it's 50%\50% plus tip, presumably you go there and support the girls with massages and tips?

11 hours ago, JDJD said:

I was in Pattaya for my second visit ever, in September 2020. Yes, it was a ghost town. Stayed for under 24 hours

Yes on Pattaya Klang, probably just after Buakhao on the right heading away from the sea. It has been even more of a ghost town during this closure and a few MPs may have not survived... They were only allowed to reopen last Monday so I am not sure of their status, but would expect the same offer to be around. 

Edited by jacko45k

10 hours ago, Surelynot said:

The massage shops in the Khao San Road area in Banglamphu seemed to have fixed their Thai massage prices at 220 baht per hour.

A lot of Bangkok prices are fixed, and a little too high... they make a fuss about 120 baht draft beers. But this thread and Forum is about Pattaya.

• Like 1

does anybody know cheap massage or private massage therapists around jomtien? the lowest I have found is 200b.

or massage therapist who can travel daily from Buakhao for minimum 6h sessions?

together with wife we go there for holidays to cheap hotel which accommodates dogs for free.

While on holidays we take tens of hours each, I do usually 4h, wife 2h every day.

We are planning go there shortly, before they start pattaya sandbox in august.

Welcome private messages. Those therapists can also contact me directly here on TVF.

Thanx

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

does anybody know cheap massage or private massage therapists around jomtien? the lowest I have found is 200b.

or massage therapist who can travel daily from Buakhao for minimum 6h sessions?

together with wife we go there for holidays to cheap hotel which accommodates dogs for free.

While on holidays we take tens of hours each, I do usually 4h, wife 2h every day.

We are planning go there shortly, before they start pattaya sandbox in august.

Welcome private messages. Those therapists can also contact me directly here on TVF.

Thanx

Why can't you go to a shop? it's a tiring job, girls tell me 2 hours for them is enough. Maybe have a 2 hour massage then switch girl, they like talking to each other, would be torture doing 6 hours

yes, probably I will have go to the shop, have treatment and ask around. But parking for 2h, and with dogs inside, might be a problem.

I want only 1 massage therapist, in covid situation avoiding contact with too many people is priority. She will, practically, serve only 2 of us, and not many clients.

that's why I have asked about recommendations for jomtien

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And then the shop owner who pays the rent, the electricity and basic wage has to close up shop... the masseuse has nowhere to work.... 

It amazes me how cheap people justify being cheap....  

...and now it's time to switch the brain on. It's not the masseuse who sets the price, but the shop owner. So if the shop owner sets the price at 100 baht and JDJD pays that price and tips the person doing the work generously, how does that impact on the owner??

It's amazing that people find things to moan about when living in paradise...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nightfox said:

I guess you must be one of those cheap Charlies or you would not have seen the 50 baht tip notice. I actually know the shop to which you refer; it used to be called Banana Massage, but changed the name a year or so ago to Nuad Sawai or some such. 

I am sure someone will jump in and correct me but after many massages and chatting to many of the girls, my understanding is if they sit there all day and there are no customers, the don't make a satang. I understand they get a share between them and the owner, which can vary from a third to a half of the rate. They each have a number and rotate as customers arrive.

I have always tipped 100-200 before and after (?) covid. A good income relies on a very busy shop with lots of turnover which no massage shop has seen in a long time. The last massage I had was at around 4 PM and I was their first customer of the day,

I have not had a massage in ages as I have to go on holiday somewhere to get one, so am looking forward to things opening up again soon.

Be generous people.