1 Hour Thai massage ฿100?

JDJD

47 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I am sure someone will jump in and correct me but after many massages and chatting to many of the girls, my understanding is if they sit there all day and there are no customers, the don't make a satang. I understand they get a share between them and the owner, which can vary from a third to a half of the rate. They each have a number and rotate as customers arrive.

I have always tipped 100-200 before and after (?) covid. A good income relies on a very busy shop with lots of turnover which no massage shop has seen in a long time. The last massage I had was at around 4 PM and I was their first customer of the day,

I have not had a massage in ages as I have to go on holiday somewhere to get one, so am looking forward to things opening up again soon.

Be generous people.

I know chatting to a lady in the last Buakhao shop on the left that they were paid a daily rate ++, but i reckon since covid it's likely the owner couldn't afford to continue that, it's been closed for months now and hasn't reopened like the other shops. The fair pay would be 50\50, shop can't take all the risk and pay many ladies with few customers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

I guess your one of those cheap charlies that frequents that shop often as you know it so well. That's OK don't be embarrassed giving a 50 bht tip as theres something for everyone budget in Pattaya.

You guessed wrong; I don't like that kind of place and massage at all. I only went to accompanying someone who would go there for a foot massage. I find it an unpleasant experience.

When I did go for a massage, I would visit Benjamard on Soi Bua Khao. They would serve yoghurt and orange juice, private massage rooms with appropriate music, rather than the girls just babbling with each other or looking at their phones. Just a much nicer and more relaxing atmosphere. There prices were higher than the Bua Khao standard, but then so was the service quality.

So nice try, Cheap Charlie.

8 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I guess you must be one of those cheap Charlies or you would not have seen the 50 baht tip notice. I actually know the shop to which you refer; it used to be called Banana Massage, but changed the name a year or so ago to Nuad Sawai or some such. 

Banana Massage tips are between 300 and 600 baht. Shame on you Sir!????

• Haha 1

On both ends of Buakhao it is easy to find 100 baht foot massages.  100 baht Thai massage is tougher to find.

My girlfriend works at a traditional massage shop and says tips of 40-60 baht are OK.   100 is really nice and certainly appreciated.  Tips of over 100 are very rare.

• Like 2

Earlier posters are quite correct, up Pattaya Klang a few minutes from Soi Buakhao plenty of places doing Thai massage for 100 baht. A while since I've been around there, I was surprised. 

Also a few karaoke bars on the other side. 

On 6/17/2021 at 8:21 PM, internationalism said:

it was for me and my wife, over several days.

All together we had 40h massage over a week. One day I had 6h, spread over morning to late night.

Because it's cheap and because we were on holidays and had plenty of time

Even at the lowest intensity, Thai massage can sometimes cause further injury to the body. People who have cancer, are pregnant, or are recovering from surgery should not undergo a Thai massage. The physical intensity of this massage technique could lead to health complications or worsen preexisting injuries.

5 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Even at the lowest intensity, Thai massage can sometimes cause further injury to the body. People who have cancer, are pregnant, or are recovering from surgery should not undergo a Thai massage. The physical intensity of this massage technique could lead to health complications or worsen preexisting injuries.

I think that's right, i stopped having thai massage because they use to always find an injury

Normal price.  Korat I paid 120 for pedicure and food scrub she took off enough skin to fill a basket. Leg massage was 100. In korat mall pedicure and food scrub is 200. Can you remind yourselves minium wage us 300 for a whole day. So 100 for an hours work is great 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

Just to give some perspective to this thread, the minimum daily salary here is 300 baht a day.  An example of this would be 7/11 staff.

Say a shift is 8 hours.  That's 300 baht / 8 hours = 37.5 baht an hour.  

The Burmese construction laborers, working there backside's off in the hot sun all day, do not even get paid the Thailand minimum daily salary.  

You think these MPs follow some legal employment strategy and pay the girls 37.5 baht/hour to sit around playing with their phones and eating? I was more inclined to say it was commission based, often see them splitting the money I give them, 100 to the shop, rest into their pockets. I expect it varies shop to shop. 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, JDJD said:

I'm a good tipper. The price is the price. Thanks though for the nice informative post you have there. 

And thanks, (though) for reminding all of us how, as recently as 10-25 years ago, the cheap-end charlies would like to haggle over already cheap prices - in order to appear 'well-travelled barterers'.

Now, in the middle of a pandemic, which is no fault of the Thai population, (excluding their 'masters'), it is useful to remember that some cheap-end charlies still exist. ธhose who think that ฿100 is a fair price for a massage - at this particular time for desperate people, already denied education, good work prospects and proper governmental help.

I have to wonder if your 'tip' was enough for them to 'wai' of grovel in sheer gratitude and happiness at your thoughtful 'gift'. How much was it? ฿20?... ฿25?

The standard price for a good massage in Thailand is, and has been in Thailand - for many years now, at least 200 - 200+ Baht. Anything less is insulting to your hosts, the thai people.

But well done anyway..... old chap - good job!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Really.... so you suggest I walk on by a place offering massages for 100 baht and search out a higher price?

There is not a standard price for things here bar fuel.

If it was an insult to them, why are they offering it? I suggest it is their way of trying to drum up some business and they would be happy to perform at that price level,, rather than do and earn nothing. It also gives them an opportunity to earn tips.... without the special offer that would not arise.

and they can always increase their prices as the market adjusts............keeping their place of business alive at a price where they still make a living (albeit a meagre one)/at least pay some bills is prudent as any regulars are still catered for,  and they have the chance to drum up new business too, which they will hopefully retain in better times and owners have the opportunity to keep decent staff...............up to the customer to do the right thing and tip as they see fit, bearing in mind that times are hard for the staff and any extra baht is usually very much appreciated................................it's a good feeling after a massage and so is knowing you've done the right thing............................

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Saltire said:

my understanding is if they sit there all day and there are no customers, the don't make a satang

I think i've asked some before and I seem to remember the number 7000.   Of course, I'm old and I can't remember my name, but I'm pretty sure they get something.  I think if they are pretty busy they make around 30,000.   Now?  I'm guessing they are making between 10-15,000.  

• Thanks 1

Nice place in Jomtien has reduced their price for Thai Massage (not oil) from B200/hr to B150. Had an excellent 2 hour massage recently for B300 and a nice cup of tea after. Of course a nice tip was also provided. 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, JDJD said:

I'm a good tipper. The price is the price. Thanks though for the nice informative post you have there. 

If your such a good tipper , why are you still interested if it's a 100baht an hour why care ?? You would go anyway if it where 300baht an hour wouldn't you ?? 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:29 PM, internationalism said:

on jomtien 10h for 1500b.

but they refused the second time when I went there, just  before the 3rd wave.

Others refused any discounts for bulk order, minimum 200/h

Did you get a little stamp on your Customer Card each time you went? 5555

25 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nice place in Jomtien has reduced their price for Thai Massage (not oil) from B200/hr to B150. Had an excellent 2 hour massage recently for B300 and a nice cup of tea after. Of course a nice tip was also provided. 

Who tipped who??? ????

• Haha 1

I can only comment on massage prices here in Pattaya...firstly we are overrun with massage places (as with bars/opticians/rooms/dentists etc etc etc)and a relatively expensive Thai massage will set you back 300 baht/hour and at the other end as little as 80 baht/hour.....all prices are market driven not by folk living/visiting but by the owners themselves...as earlier mentioned the area at the Pattaya klang/soi Bukhaow intersection must have 20/30 shops vying for business at prices from 80 up to 150....there is no difference in the service provided,I myself have tried maybe half a dozen places in my 7 years of living and now use just a couple as the massage these two ladies suits me best,all Thai massages vary from one person to the next it`s what suits the individual that counts.

About this time last year one of my massage places reduced it`s price to attract more trade...market forces...I paid for my massage+tip and the girl wanted to hand me back 20 baht which obviously I declined....I have a property down south near Krabi and visit Ao Nang often,you will pay 250+ baht there for a Thai massage as it seems they run a fixed price scheme...it`s absolutely dead at the moment with hardly any shops open....at least here in Pattaya there are some customers.

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Just to give some perspective to this thread, the minimum daily salary here is 300 baht a day.  An example of this would be 7/11 staff.

Say a shift is 8 hours.  That's 300 baht / 8 hours = 37.5 baht an hour.  

The Burmese construction laborers, working there backside's off in the hot sun all day, do not even get paid the Thailand minimum daily salary.  

The minimum wage you mention is for unschooled labor and depends on the Province. See MOL...

8 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If your such a good tipper , why are you still interested if it's a 100baht an hour why care ?? You would go anyway if it where 300baht an hour wouldn't you ?? 

Maybe not?? Perhaps he considers 300b an hour his budget and prefers to give a larger proportion to the masseuse herself, that would kinda be my way of thinking................

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

I can only comment on massage prices here in Pattaya...firstly we are overrun with massage places (as with bars/opticians/rooms/dentists etc etc etc)and a relatively expensive Thai massage will set you back 300 baht/hour and at the other end as little as 80 baht/hour.....all prices are market driven not by folk living/visiting but by the owners themselves...as earlier mentioned the area at the Pattaya klang/soi Bukhaow intersection must have 20/30 shops vying for business at prices from 80 up to 150....there is no difference in the service provided,I myself have tried maybe half a dozen places in my 7 years of living and now use just a couple as the massage these two ladies suits me best,all Thai massages vary from one person to the next it`s what suits the individual that counts.

About this time last year one of my massage places reduced it`s price to attract more trade...market forces...I paid for my massage+tip and the girl wanted to hand me back 20 baht which obviously I declined....I have a property down south near Krabi and visit Ao Nang often,you will pay 250+ baht there for a Thai massage as it seems they run a fixed price scheme...it`s absolutely dead at the moment with hardly any shops open....at least here in Pattaya there are some customers.

Same price range in all the Sois adjacent to Jomtien Beachroad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I think i've asked some before and I seem to remember the number 7000.   Of course, I'm old and I can't remember my name, but I'm pretty sure they get something.  I think if they are pretty busy they make around 30,000.   Now?  I'm guessing they are making between 10-15,000.  

I do not know of any massage place here in Pattaya that pays the girls for sitting and playing on their phones....if a girl gets a customer they usually share 50/50 with the shop owner tips excluded....cannot comment for anywhere else.