1 Hour Thai massage ฿100?

JDJD

8 hours ago, bojo said:

Maybe not?? Perhaps he considers 300b an hour his budget and prefers to give a larger proportion to the masseuse herself, that would kinda be my way of thinking................

Then you should change your way of thinking because the woman keeping the massage shops alive at the moment will probably get a lot more of that 300baht then you think . The owner will br happy to just pay the rent at the moment and will be happy to still have her or his business . 

7 hours ago, thrilled said:

Where I live a massage is $75-$100 so your talking thailand $3 to $9 are we really talking about these prices. I don’t pay any attention to any prices in thailand. If I was there a year I would probably spend a million baht a year also. 

Lucky chap...good for you....where I live its 100 baht +tip.

• Like 1

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Then you should change your way of thinking because the woman keeping the massage shops alive at the moment will probably get a lot more of that 300baht then you think . The owner will br happy to just pay the rent at the moment and will be happy to still have her or his business . 

It's not a restaurant where you pay the bill and tip on top of the bill i geus at the moment they will share everything they can get . It works both ways the owner still has staff and the staff will be happier . 

10 minutes ago, thrilled said:

Where I live a massage is $75-$100 so your talking thailand $3 to $9 are we really talking about these prices. I don’t pay any attention to any prices in thailand. If I was there a year I would probably spend a million baht a year also. 

yeah if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

The minimum wage you mention is for unschooled labor and depends on the Province. See MOL...

How many massage girls in Pattaya / Thailand do you think have secondary or tertiary education for massage?  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

How many massage girls in Pattaya / Thailand do you think have secondary or tertiary education for massage?  

A lot that I know of. My wife already had her certificates from a registered massage school in Bangkok from many years again and when the regulations changed she went back to a registered massage college here in Khon Kaen and re-did her courses and got her new certificates that were forwarded to Bangkok to receive her recognised certificate from the Thai government plus when that was done she sent her certificates to the Government and got her certificate to be able to open her own shop and then the shop was inspected by MOPH who gave their certificate of approval for the shop to open and last year we were ordered to close for 3 months because of Covid-19. When we were allowed to re-open we had to do many updates to the shop and follow the new restrictions and when we were ready to re-open we were inspected by MOPH again who issued us a new certificate to say that we were qualified to open again because we met the new regulations that were required. No woman works for us unless they can produce the required certificates and there are many other massage shops that meet these regulations. There was a problem a few years ago (about 2 years before Covid-19) when some customers died whilst being massaged and it was found that the girls doing the massage was not qualified or trained so the government had inspectors going around checking the shops and the girls qualifications. Some shops were closed until they could meet the new requirements. The owners of the massage shops that were involved with the deaths were charged by the government. So ,yes, there are many qualified masseuses in Thailand

34 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

A lot that I know of.

I didn't ask how many you knew who did. 

I ask how many do you think have?  

37 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

So ,yes, there are many qualified masseuses in Thailand

Care to put a percentage on it?  

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I didn't ask how many you knew who did. 

I ask how many do you think have?  

Care to put a percentage on it?  

At a rough guess I would say about 80% are certificate qualified. It is not like the olden days anymore. We have seen shops open only to close again within a week. Just using where we are in a radius of 1 kilometre there were 7 traditional massage shops and now there is only 2 left open. 4 of the shops were closed because they did not have the certificates that were required by MOPH. The other shop just closed.

Just now, Russell17au said:

At a rough guess I would say about 80% are certificate qualified.

You have to be joking.  

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

It is not like the olden days anymore.

Yeah, it is.  

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

We have seen shops open only to close again within a week. Just using where we are in a radius of 1 kilometre there were 7 traditional massage shops and now there is only 2 left open. 4 of the shops were closed because they did not have the certificates that were required by MOPH. The other shop just closed.

So tea money can be paid to run brothels here, despite prostitution being illegal, but massage shops have to abide by the law, and all their certificates genuine.  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Thai massage is always cheaper than an oil massage. Most farang prefer an oil massage. A Thai massage can be painful. I always pick an old and feeble looking lady so they can't do too much damage. It is the opposite for an oil massage.

A Thai massage is only  painful if you fail to tell the masseur/masseuse what level you want. I've only ever had one oil massage, and it was atrocious. Residual oil all over my clothing, I felt like I was ready for roasting on a spit.

I have a regular masseuse in Chiang Rai, and had a regular masseur in Chiang Mai. Both know how far they can push the level of massage.

I still remember La in Chiang Mai. She was so gentle I would go to sleep after ten minutes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dexxter said:

I agree. Just pay the 300 baht and still give a 100 baht tip to the girl. 400 baht is only AU$16. A similar massage in Australia is $70-80.

FYI most things in Australia are expensive, but I'm sure you know that. I would like to live there but can not afford it. Food and local product are still reasonable, but the big cities are way to expensive. 

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A Thai massage is only  painful if you fail to tell the masseur/masseuse what level you want. I've only ever had one oil massage, and it was atrocious. Residual oil all over my clothing, I felt like I was ready for roasting on a spit.

I have a regular masseuse in Chiang Rai, and had a regular masseur in Chiang Mai. Both know how far they can push the level of massage.

I still remember La in Chiang Mai. She was so gentle I would go to sleep after ten minutes.

An oily needs a hot soapy shower after, so having one available is a must, and proper thick cotton towels. Too many places have these cheap microfiber or whatever it is, that is like tissue paper.  But a good masseuse will remove a lot of the oil. Like anything else, find a good one and stick with it. 

10 minutes ago, fakser said:

It is a shame to abuse these poor massage workers. 3 dollars for 1 hour of hard labour? How low can one go?

Presumably if you ever come to Thailand you will pay for things based on US prices? and say to everyone "that's so cheap"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fakser said:

It is a shame to abuse these poor massage workers. 3 dollars for 1 hour of hard labour? How low can one go?

3 bucks an hour sounds more inviting than 11 bucks a day !!

Edited by Ralf001

Always, before the pandemic, there have been several massage parlors in Soi Buakhao, near the junction with Central Pattaya, where the Thai and foot massage cost 100 baht and the oil massage 200.

Normal massages, without weird endings.

They are opposite the LK Mansion hotel.

Usually I used to leave a good tip and they took really good care of you.

https://goo.gl/maps/JXjY98JQzuz3NZwn7

https://goo.gl/maps/godx8ddNtRM8nEESA

https://goo.gl/maps/SgWUeYShMQ2nXkjZ6

OP Here! Yesterday I perused the shops on Pattaya Klang. Indeed there are dozens of ฿100 shops and at least a hundred masseuses. Up to you? For me I went with a shop on the north side of the street and a block or so east of Buokhao.  Pink sign. ฿100 in the window. Red shirts. Private room. Nice air con air flow. Smelled wonderful. Bathroom was very clean.  Relaxing music. Delicious ginger tea. 1 hour Thai massage, no extras!

The Thai owner and her troop of 4 Thai masseuses apparently opened the shop last week. All 5 were in New Delhi, India for the past 4 years. Just decided to bring the business to Pattaya and charge ฿100 for foot and leg and ฿150 for Thai and Oil. The owner chose to move here and charge what she charges. She could have moved anywhere in Thailand. Any of  a million closed shops in Bangkok, Pattaya or Jomtien. She said she would be charging ฿100 for Thai also but for now the Thai and Oil must be done in the private room with private AC, rather than downstairs on the main floor beds. In the end, she charged me ฿100 and I tipped ฿100. The massage was excellent and I will be going back.

On a side note, the owner seemed thrilled at her personal business goal of 30+ customers per day at ฿100 per hour for all types of massage, once business picks up.  Whatever deal was made, it must be worth it for her, the staff and the landlord. She has her doors open and she loves her location. Giving high quality massage at rock bottom prices. I reminded her that is the secret to business in America. Make a better mouse trap and undercut the competition on the price. It's a service. Not real estate. The rules are not the same. 

Edited by JDJD

In general, the gals that get best tips (regular/naughty) are those that practice, and understand the importance of, Girlfriend Experience (GFE). Sadly, they are getting much harder (no pun intended) to find. In Patts of yore, GFE was "massage girl 101." The smart mamasans taught it to their girls.

1 hour ago, rcuthbert said:

In general, the gals that get best tips (regular/naughty) are those that practice, and understand the importance of, Girlfriend Experience (GFE). Sadly, they are getting much harder (no pun intended) to find. In Patts of yore, GFE was "massage girl 101." The smart mamasans taught it to their girls.

The dark side girls had a good take care work ethic same as Ban Chang girls did, I think both have virtually died out, just memories now

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Sad 1