1 Hour Thai massage ฿100?

JDJD

36 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nice place in Jomtien has reduced their price for Thai Massage (not oil) from B200/hr to B150. Had an excellent 2 hour massage recently for B300 and a nice cup of tea after. Of course a nice tip was also provided. 

can you post name, address. 

5 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Did you get a little stamp on your Customer Card each time you went? 5555

no, but at the spa close to my home I got gold package for some 23k, which entitled to 25% discount on all treatments. They were deducting on this card after each treatment. I stopped using their service, when on order of their boss they have closed shop and went on bangkok shutdown in january 2014.

The other places around my area are minimum 200b and don't offer any discounts.

That's why I usually have a lot of massages on frequent holidays and only 150b/h.

Normal price is 200 baht per hour for a Thai massage and the girls do not get paid while sitting around waiting for a customer and they get paid 50% of the fee for whatever massage they do and they are kicked out the door if they try any happy endings and the customer is also kicked out if they ask the girls for any extras. 

Shops are missing a trick charging 200-300 for an oil massage vs 80-150 for foot\thai, the way they make good money is specials on the back of oil massages that quickly escalate, i reckon charge 150+ but zero of them do it, that would require thinking outside the box

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

Avoid the Thai massage, it's painful, sticking you with wooden sticks and their elbows, ouch. 

Pay the extra, get an oil massage. 

Many people, myself included, enjoy both. Some even prefer Traditional Thai Massage. I did for 20 years as oil massage is generally too soft and not deep enough. Now I alternate between the two. Does help to speak Thai and be able to tell them exactly what one wants. 

The massage shop I go to in Chiang Rai charges 150 baht an hour. Run by a 60 yo who does a really good massage. I pay 120 baht for half an hour, 200 for a full hour.

There's an older woman there, 68. She can only massage once or twice a day, I give her 50 - 100 baht every week. No massage.

I also buy food for the shop occasionally. I'd hate to see the shop close, it is close by my condo. However, the way things are going with COVID, I am probably their only regular customer. There are days when I will be there in the late afternoon, and I am the first through the door. The head lady has told me she can live quite nicely if she gets 3-4 massages a day.

I guess if it keeps on as it is, they will go back to their villages, and live off rice and frogs. The numbnuts running the country have a lot to answer for.

14 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Normal price is 200 baht per hour for a Thai massage and the girls do not get paid while sitting around waiting for a customer and they get paid 50% of the fee for whatever massage they do and they are kicked out the door if they try any happy endings and the customer is also kicked out if they ask the girls for any extras. 

That shop would be an exception, many shops offer happy endings and even full sex. I don't bother, too old and my GF is always happy to help out.

A shop with older women MAY offer happy endings. When it is staffed with 20-30 year olds, it's almost a given there will be several forms of sex on offer.

• Like 2

About salaries, I might be mistaken, of course.

i asked in Thai if they had a contract.  I remember some saying yes.  I remember 7000.   Of course, the answer might be the amount they made last month (this was during Covid).   Maybe I asked the owner's sister, who knows..........

if they are calling a masseuse on the phone to go to the shop, she's not getting a salary.   It makes more sense if none of them get a salary.   But it would be crazy if, during covid, they are making like 3000 a month.   

got a good deal now.  One shop, one owner lady.   Once a week, two hour easy massage for 400.    I gave her the option:

one hour for 200, I tip 100.  you get 300.

two hours for 400.  

1600 a month is OK for me, and she gets 100%.   

yea......i'm gaming the system a little.......but her shop is not busy at all so I don't feel too bad about it.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That shop would be an exception, many shops offer happy endings and even full sex. I don't bother, too old and my GF is always happy to help out.

A shop with older women MAY offer happy endings. When it is staffed with 20-30 year olds, it's almost a given there will be several forms of sex on offer.

It is not an exception at all as most of the shops in our area are well respected shops and the others are also well known for the extras they give. Most of the shops around Khon Kaen are owned by elderly owners and are worked by elderly trained and workers with MOPH trained certificates, whereas the other shops are worked by young girls who do not have the training and the massage certificates. 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, Surelynot said:

I would feel terrible/ashamed only paying that much........I think at least 300 Baht would be fair for an hour.

Standard rate here in Chiang Mai is 200 baht. I go to a shop offering 150 baht for 1 hour standard and tip 40 baht on top. Determining what is fair is also balanced against how many time I go (3 times a week) and my retirement income. At 300 baht ... can't do, 100 baht ... can't do. As my wife also goes ... double the amounts. 

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

It is not an exception at all as most of the shops in our area are well respected shops and the others are also well known for the extras they give. Most of the shops around Khon Kaen are owned by elderly owners and are worked by elderly trained and workers with MOPH trained certificates, whereas the other shops are worked by young girls who do not have the training and the massage certificates. 

Your response seems to be self-contradictory, you are saying both types exist in Khon Kaen.

On the basis of a sample of one city, in your area, you can extrapolate your statement to all of Thailand? Can you say the same of Bangkok and Pattaya?

I'm not interested in arguing further with you, it is what it is. If you want to continue with what to me is a misguided point of view, no skin off my nose.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

The minimum wage you mention is for unschooled labor and depends on the Province. See MOL...

Doubt many of these "massage" ladies have any formal schooling on the art of rub N tug.

200 B on Beach Rd or 2nd rd, 150 B or occasionally 100 B once you reach Soi Bukao. When I pay 100 B I tip 60.

One place on Soi Bukao has foot and Thai massages at 100 B but there's a poster saying a tip of at least 50 B is required.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, Surelynot said:

I would feel terrible/ashamed only paying that much........I think at least 300 Baht would be fair for an hour.

Most of the masseuses in those traditional Thai massage only places only make money from tips, the B100 goes to the shop, make sure that you give your extra B200 directly to the girl or she will feel terrible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Most of the masseuses in those traditional Thai massage only places only make money from tips, the B100 goes to the shop, make sure that you give your extra B200 directly to the girl or she will feel terrible.

Not allowed money or a card since getting 'caught'....but the wife is a heavy tipper.

5 hours ago, Bundooman said:

And thanks, (though) for reminding all of us how, as recently as 10-25 years ago, the cheap-end charlies would like to haggle over already cheap prices - in order to appear 'well-travelled barterers'.

Now, in the middle of a pandemic, which is no fault of the Thai population, (excluding their 'masters'), it is useful to remember that some cheap-end charlies still exist. ธhose who think that ฿100 is a fair price for a massage - at this particular time for desperate people, already denied education, good work prospects and proper governmental help.

I have to wonder if your 'tip' was enough for them to 'wai' of grovel in sheer gratitude and happiness at your thoughtful 'gift'. How much was it? ฿20?... ฿25?

The standard price for a good massage in Thailand is, and has been in Thailand - for many years now, at least 200 - 200+ Baht. Anything less is insulting to your hosts, the thai people.

But well done anyway..... old chap - good job!

I think that you are recovering chronic mono flagellate.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:26 PM, saakura said:

That is truly terrible, paying 100 baht for an hour getting massaged.

Why. She's making in 4 customers as much as another worker is for 12h. Not that it requires some high scholl education 

Thai massage is always cheaper than an oil massage. Most farang prefer an oil massage. A Thai massage can be painful. I always pick an old and feeble looking lady so they can't do too much damage. It is the opposite for an oil massage.

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, richard_smith237 said:

And then the shop owner who pays the rent, the electricity and basic wage has to close up shop... the masseuse has nowhere to work.... 

It amazes me how cheap people justify being cheap....  

I agree. Just pay the 300 baht and still give a 100 baht tip to the girl. 400 baht is only AU$16. A similar massage in Australia is $70-80.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 6:40 PM, Ralf001 said:

In a country that has a daily minimum wage of $11.00 a day do really think $3.20 an hour is exploitation ?

FYI, this is THailand we pay people in THai baht, may be different in Laos, Burma, Vietnam or Cambodia but over here it is Thai baht. Just paid 180 baht an hour today in CNX Tesco Lotus.

Edited by SomchaiCNX

On 6/17/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ventenio said:

From Pattaya city, head directly East for 15 km.   20 baht massages,  really!!!

forget those haters.....If I see a massage sign for 300 baht I say, "50 baht, OK?"  if they say, "No," I smile and ask, "51 baht, you OK?" At 299, I'll walk away and come back 10-minutes later.  

100 baht is exploitation, plain and simple.  should be a labor violation.  yea, before I was joking, you should be ashamed.   100 plus 100 tip at the very minimum.   100 plus 200 tip for a normal person for one hour.  300 is fair, IMO.  

According to a blog called thailandredcat dot com, "The minimum salary for Thai people is 313-336 Baht per day (depending on the type of work)." ฿100 for an hour is pretty good money -- for an ordinary Thai. 

On 6/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, sanuk711 said:

That's the standard price in Issan--- 199 for 2 hour, but don't mix Thai massage with Oil massage-- usually about 300 baht 1 hour.

Oil isn't traditional Thai.

Yes , I have been having an oil massage in my town up here from the same lady every fortnight and she charges 300 B.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

FYI, this is THailand we pay people in THai baht, may be different in Laos, Burma, Vietnam or Cambodia but over here it is Thai baht. Just paid 180 baht an hour today in CNX Tesco Lotus.

I sooo agree.  A while back I read that some folk had a very good meal and it cost xxx $ .

I replied  " Good for you I pay for my meals in Baht. "  Oh and 300B for 1 hour oil massage , what it is in dollars I couldn't say.

• Like 1

Where I live a massage is $75-$100 so your talking thailand $3 to $9 are we really talking about these prices. I don’t pay any attention to any prices in thailand. If I was there a year I would probably spend a million baht a year also. 

9 hours ago, Dexxter said:

I agree. Just pay the 300 baht and still give a 100 baht tip to the girl. 400 baht is only AU$16. A similar massage in Australia is $70-80.

We are talking about Thailand....not Australia...

• Like 1