Just had my vaccination cancelled

edwinchester

Have your wife call back and ask when you can have a new appointment. When you do, again request AstraZenica because that's what you were originally scheduled for.

This is my plan if I get cancelled.

• Like 2

Are use Chiang Mai website to register for the vaccine three weeks ago 10 minutes after I registered they gave me a long number to use for the hospital and as of yet they never scheduled emailed me back when or which hospital to go to tee TIT

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Are use Chiang Mai website to register for the vaccine three weeks ago 10 minutes after I registered they gave me a long number to use for the hospital and as of yet they never scheduled emailed me back when or which hospital to go to tee TIT

The CM registration site has a link on the home page to check your registration.  When you select that, in my case anyway, it gives you a date, time & hospital to attend for your first jab.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Same thing happened to my Thai wife's mother who is 91 years old and is now referred  to a shopping mall on 7 July......The old lady needs a wheelchair and this shopping mall cannot handle this

• Sad 3

Smart to cancel.

Just read about the 350 medical personnel who all contacted COVID-19 in Indonesia weeks after there second Sinovac shot.  Many in the hospital ER.  At least Astra Zeneca is 60% effective on the newer Delta (Indian) variant.  Hopefully the government will stop stalling and get some Pheizer and Moderna sooner than later.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Happens in other countries too. Even in Singapore despite Pfizer/Moderna vaccination.

The whiners gotta whine.  I suspect most of them hate their lives and will not be happy no matter where they live.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The central government has taken on responsibility for supply of the vaccines.

The local authorities who are trying to arrange the jags are being left to take the blame when the promised doses fail to be delivered.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Maybole said:

The central government has taken on responsibility for supply of the vaccines.

The local authorities who are trying to arrange the jags are being left to take the blame when the promised doses fail to be delivered.

why is Thailand's AZ production delayed? does anyone know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gulfsailor said:

You are exaggerating the situation in Indonesia. What I read a dozen (that’s 12) fully vaccinated healthcare workers are in hospital. That’s from a total of over a million vaccinated health care workers. As this is a very high risk group it’s expected to see some breakthrough cases.

Can you give us the link to the article please in order for us to confirm or refute.

Edited by EricTh

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

Happened to me to in the early days in my western country.   Does that mean 1st world countries "typically" can't do anything right also?

Not at all. Means that it's an occasional for some things in most countries and TYPICAL here for EVERYTHING. Been here 25 years and that fact was abundantly clear 24 years 11 months ago. 

Hope that helps sort it out for ya. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I just hope you were not surprised, except that they called you to cancel .... latter is a first, as far as I know! 

TBH I was expecting it as the 'bush telegraph' in our area is very active and had already indicated the shortage of vaccines.

The call actually came from a guy at our local health center who is coordinating between the nearby hospital and all those due a vaccine here in the village.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

You are exaggerating the situation in Indonesia. What I read a dozen (that’s 12) fully vaccinated healthcare workers are in hospital. That’s from a total of over a million vaccinated health care workers. As this is a very high risk group it’s expected to see some breakthrough cases.

More than 350 doctors and medical professionals have contracted Covid-19 in Indonesia despite the majority of healthcare workers having been immunized with Sinovac, officials said Thursday, just over a month after officials praised the shot for wiping out the disease among health workers.

Dozens of these were hospitalized, officials added, leading experts to question the effectiveness of the Chinese shot, particularly against the infectious Delta variant fueling the country’s outbreak. 

The above is an article published in Forbes magazine.  So no exaggeration and whereas you  emphasise it was only a dozen (12), the article quotes an Indonesian Officials as saying 'Dozens"

'Should have gone to Specsavers.'

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, tgw said:

why is Thailand's AZ production delayed? does anyone know?

The problem with the Adenovirus vaccines (Astrazeneca, Johnson & Johnson) is that they need to grow a large amount of human cell culture.  I think it takes about 8 weeks to complete a batch and is considered a very difficult black art.  The optimal recipe varies from manufacturing site to manufacturing site and on the amount being made.  Sounds like most manufacturing sites get much lower yields than expected at first. They have to wait 8 weeks to complete a batch to try tweak things and make another batch.  So it's a very long time consuming process trying to increase the yield.

I don't think mRNA vaccines have any of those problems.  I think it only takes them a couple days to make a batch so they can tweak things every couple days and ramp up more quickly.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The problem with the Adenovirus vaccines (Astrazeneca, Johnson & Johnson) is that they are required to grow a large amount of human cell culture.  I think it takes about 8 weeks to complete and is considered a very difficult black art.  It varies from manufacturing site to manufacturing site and on the amount being made.  Sounds like most manufacturing sites get lower yields than expected but they have to wait 8 week to try tweak things and make another batch.  So it's a very long time consuming process trying to increase the yield.

okay so we got two theories now.

- shortage of materials

- shortage of cell cultures

9 minutes ago, tgw said:

okay so we got two theories now.

- shortage of materials

- shortage of cell cultures

No it is not a 'theory'.  The quotes I have read mentioned lower than expected production output.  That implies cell culture yield which was expected because it's the same problem every other new AZ manufacturer experienced, not shortage of materials.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not at all. Means that it's an occasional for some things in most countries and TYPICAL here for EVERYTHING. Been here 25 years and that fact was abundantly clear 24 years 11 months ago. 

Hope that helps sort it out for ya. 

And you have been here 25 years? Are you some kind of masochist? I don't get people like you. Thailand sucks but you still live here? Cheap booze and girls, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

And you have been here 25 years? Are you some kind of masochist? I don't get people like you. Thailand sucks but you still live here? Cheap booze and girls, I guess. 

you are mistaken, the booze is far from cheap here.

• Like 2