Just had my vaccination cancelled

edwinchester

30 minutes ago, DavisH said:

And you have been here 25 years? Are you some kind of masochist? I don't get people like you. Thailand sucks but you still live here? Cheap booze and girls, I guess. 

B-I-N-G-O! You "guess" right. 

Wow...congrats on figuring out the obvious. Exactly why 99.9% of foreigners are here (and PI). Now whether they'll admit it or not is another matter. ????

Edited by Skeptic7

Could have been worse.  The day I got my first jab in Texas, they were turning away everyone who had driven into town for their 2nd jab.  Some of them had driven over 50 miles.

At least they saved you the slog by calling to let you know.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 8:12 PM, shdmn said:

No it is not a 'theory'.  The quotes I have read mentioned lower than expected production output.  That implies cell culture yield which was expected because it's the same problem every other new AZ manufacturer experienced, not shortage of materials.

Lower cell culture yield is a  defacto subset of "material shortage"".

I think this is all new tech for Thai production facilities. Some delay not unexpected, especially as more experienced facilities seem to be seeing similar problems.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, edwinchester said:

Sorry, forgot to mention in my OP that they did say it would be rescheduled for 'sometime' in the future.

My experience was the total opposite, i.e. my wife received a call from the hospital on the Friday evening with them wanting to confirm that I was going in on Monday June 7 at 11am to get the AZ jab. 

Since registering a lot had transpired with the AZ vaccine, so having discussed it at length, we decided to let the appointment slide, so when they did call, she thanked them and told them that I changed my mind.

My focus has basically been getting as much information on these vaccines through researching the wed for data & the science on them, e.g. medical journals, and listening to qualified Dr's/Virologists/Biochemists, etc, etc so that I can feel comfortable getting vaccinated, as mentioned many times here on TVF, I am not an anti-vaxer, but didn't feel there was enough data out there to want to lift up my sleeve to get jabbed as there was a lot of conflicting stories out there, and confusing to know what is real, especially when you also have qualified Dr's/Virologists/Biochemists, etc, etc discrediting the "experimental vaccines", with all of them saying that they are not anti vaxes.

Bottom line is that we walked into Bangkok Hospital yesterday and booked two shots for me and the wife for October with the Moderna vaccines as I feel comfortable enough with what I have read/listened too and seen with the mRNA vaccines, others would say, they knew it from day one, well I am not one to jump on band wagons so easily when it comes to injecting something into my body without the data being in, that's just me, so not taking the AZ shot, I believe was the right decision for me and the wife, others may disagree and have had that shot, and that's fine, it's all about individual choices.

So if you are left high and dry with not knowing when the future might be and can spare 3,800 baht for the two shots, then go to Bangkok Hospital and walk in to book your October first shot, no refund, and it's a little down the track, but it's a done deal unless it doesn't arrive.

From the research I have done, the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, the latter we don't have, walk all over the AZ vaccine and Sinovac, albeit they do provide you with some protection.

Edit: I also know of a couple in Oz who got the vaccinations, guy 60 Pfizer, no problems, the usual soar spot in the arm, shivers at night, but all good, the wife being around 40 felt like a bus hit her, not 100% better after 4 days, that was with the AZ shot, still dizzy, stomach pains and very tired.

Another couple in their late 40's, early 50's both had the AZ shots, he was ok, she had constant bleeding for about 3 weeks and tried and ended up having a blood transfusion and is slowly on the mend. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

As a follow up to my OP, my local health center called today and said I can get my previously cancelled covid vaccination on Monday 28th June at my local hospital and that it would be a shot of Astrazeneca.

Maybe they managed to refill some of the empty vials under kitchen tap. ????

On 6/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, edwinchester said:

As a follow up to my OP, my local health center called today and said I can get my previously cancelled covid vaccination on Monday 28th June at my local hospital and that it would be a shot of Astrazeneca.

Arrived for my 10.00am appointment, paperwork immediately seen and blood pressure taken. Oh dear 189! Nurse told me no vaccination if over 150. Sits me down for 5 minutes and tries again....179....5 minutes later, 171.

Employ my best relaxation techniques and get it down to 150.

Given the ok for the jab.

Ushered into the inner sanctum of jabdom and given..........another blood pressure test....147. Very good. 'Now repeat that in 5 minutes and you can have your vaccine'. 5 minutes later 127.

Told I can get my vaccination.

2 minutes later get my first AZ shot.

Ushered out to the relaxation area for 30 minutes, blood pressure taken and asked how I feel, fine and then given my appointment paper for 2nd dose on 20th Sept.

All in all a painless affair but can anyone explain the obsession with blood pressure measurements?

On 6/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, DavisH said:

And you have been here 25 years? Are you some kind of masochist? I don't get people like you. Thailand sucks but you still live here? Cheap booze and girls, I guess. 

In that case, why are you posting on a Thai-centric forum.

Also, hard to "get".

My appointment for my first anti Covid-19 inoculation was 9am tomorrow. At 7.30 this evening the co-ordinator phoned to cancel it because the expected delivery of vaccine had not arrived. She had no idea when the delivery would take place.

17 minutes ago, Maybole said:

My appointment for my first anti Covid-19 inoculation was 9am tomorrow. At 7.30 this evening the co-ordinator phoned to cancel it because the expected delivery of vaccine had not arrived. She had no idea when the delivery would take place.

Very similar to what happened to me with my 1st scheduled appointment. The good thing is somebody actually told you about the cancellation so hopefully you are still in the queue for a shot. The guy at my local health center is doing a great job organising the roll out to all those eligible despite the delays in vaccine delivery. Hopefully you have somebody just as dedicated in charge of your admin.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:07 AM, TheFishman1 said:

Are use Chiang Mai website to register for the vaccine three weeks ago 10 minutes after I registered they gave me a long number to use for the hospital and as of yet they never scheduled emailed me back when or which hospital to go to tee TIT

Yup, still waiting also.

The OP was lucky to get a phone call , I had appointment for 9.00

this morning, got to the hospital at 8.30, no vaccine, it was the

AstraZeneca  one I was supposed to get ,Chiang Mai  , no have.

they could have phoned, put it on local radio station,but no.

The health minister needs to take FULL responsibility for this whole

mess , but of cause ,he has said not his responsibility, 

regards Worgeordie  

So as I already reported my AstraZeneca vaccine canceled ,

so this morning my wife went to Rama Hospital at 6.00 this

morning, as they said you could book Moderna vaccine for

October !, all 300 , yes 300 dozes already booked at 4.00 ,  

300 dozes, if this is what is happening all over Thailand ,the

Virus is going to be out of control , really out of control.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So as I already reported my AstraZeneca vaccine canceled ,

so this morning my wife went to Rama Hospital at 6.00 this

morning, as they said you could book Moderna vaccine for

October !, all 300 , yes 300 dozes already booked at 4.00 ,  

300 dozes, if this is what is happening all over Thailand ,the

Virus is going to be out of control , really out of control.

regards Worgeordie

300 doses booked and yet the contract is not even signed yet. Somebody needs to be held fully accountable for this fiasco.

Hopefully your AZ shot will be rescheduled as mine was.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, shdmn said:

Happened to me to in the early days in my western country.   Does that mean 1st world countries "typically" can't do anything right also?

No just Thailand.