Widescreen Movies.

NoshowJones

I regularly download movies, and some of them are in widescreen, like looking through a letterbox. A few months ago I found a way round this by clicking on boxes that I managed to get to  appear on the bottom right hand side of the screen, and managed to get the movie to cover the whole screen.

Now these means have disappeared.

Anyone know how this could be?

15 minutes ago, johng said:

It would help if you  let everyone know what program/software player you are using

to view your movies.

I am downloading from watchserieshd.net using VLC media player, I have lots of movies downloaded, and watch using this method, if I find something I think is helpful, I will PM you. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, johng said:

You can set the aspect ratio  from the "video"  menu  try without the "always fit window"  option ,  aspect ratio 16.9,  fullscreen    

you can also fiddle with the zoom  option.

616733145_vlcaspect.jpg.6b6087171132e7c5dbd23ffa95560f00.jpg

The wide screen has now just returned, instead of clicking on VLC video player, I clicked on OPEN when the wide screen came up, there is a square with 5 options in the bottom right hand corner, all I do is click on Zoom To Fill, then I get my whole screen filled.

This system had suddenly stopped, the square disappeared, this was about 2 months ago. I tried it again and the square just re appeared. 

There is just no explanation for this.