HI how is corona situation right now in BKK and pattaya?

farik

Gyms closed, must wear mask or subject to fines. Restaurants restricted to 50% capacity if have AC otherwise can seat 100 %. No alcohol served in restaurants or bars. Many food courts closed with chairs and tables removed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonray said:

Gyms closed, must wear mask or subject to fines. Restaurants restricted to 50% capacity if have AC otherwise can seat 100 %. No alcohol served in restaurants or bars. Many food courts closed with chairs and tables removed.

Partially correct, partially wrong:
- many restrictions depend on the province, BKK is still dark red, while Conburi (including Pattaya) is "only" red
- mask wearing: correct, high fines when not wearing (indlucing in motorbikes)
- sports venues / gyms: Open in BKK from 21 June onwards, also indoor if good A/C, until 21:00

- restaurants BKK: 50%, no exception for A/C
- still no alcohol in restaurants, bars are CLOSED

@farik: check the facbook page of the Thai government https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd for infos. The restrictions change regularly, on that page you find the latest info, just scroll down until you find the chart you are interested in.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

With all due respect, have you tried reading many of the threads that are available on the COVID-19 situation here in Thailand ? They are a source of vital information, go to the Corona virus forum for most of what you need to know.

With all due respect, the Thaivisa website would be half empty, if questions would not be asked again based on existing threads... and with constantly evolving / changing situations like Covid restrictions, the answers MIGHT be found in the threads (or maybe not, as they are already outdated shortly after being posted), so the ONLY real sources of information about restrictions are official websites / facebook pages, be this if the Thai government or the various provincial governments.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Partially correct, partially wrong:
- many restrictions depend on the province, BKK is still dark red, while Conburi (including Pattaya) is "only" red
- mask wearing: correct, high fines when not wearing (indlucing in motorbikes)
- sports venues / gyms: Open in BKK from 21 June onwards, also indoor if good A/C, until 21:00

- restaurants BKK: 50%, no exception for A/C
- still no alcohol in restaurants, bars are CLOSED

@farik: check the facbook page of the Thai government https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd for infos. The restrictions change regularly, on that page you find the latest info, just scroll down until you find the chart you are interested in.

@farik ...as this reply suggests, the situation is very fluid, and announcements are countermanded by different layers of the Thai bureaucracy on a regular basis, (parks were allowed to be opened by order of the Governor of Bangkok on 1 July, rescinded by the PM he day before; the CCSA or CDC or RTG then announced parks could reopen on 14 July. Because of the suddenness of the volte face, the parks did not open on the morning of 14 July, but by 1 pm they did, accompanied by an army of gardeners, who presumably had to recalled at short notice, having been told to stand down at short notice).

As of 21 July some outdoor (exercise) facilities were allowed to open, but in general, (and it's only in general), indoor and airconditioned facilities remain closed, because they do not meet social distancing requirements, and are serviced by circulated airconditioning.

Wearing of facemasks is still mandatory, and is subject to penalty, if ignored.

There is little or no obvious co-ordination between the government and government agencies.

I presume you're asking because you intend to visit. My advice would be "do not visit at the moment". As well as the confusing situation, cases of the virus are still rising, and the numbers of fully vaccinated people, and even single dose vaccinated people is extremely low, and will remain so for many months to come, and certainly beyond the "morale boosting" and meaningless "opening" of 120 days, (which is approximately in mid October in the Gregorian calendar; even that "announcement" now turns out wasn't one, but just an aspiration).

Well don't forget that you can ride your motorbike with no helmet, woe betide you if you don't wear a mask though.

Wanna beer, no problem, buy from the 7/11 or local bottle shop, just don't expect to go to a bar for it.

Ladies ? Now that I have no idea about, I'm very happy with my lady of the last 10 years, apparently they are conducting business on line, I have heard of inflated prices. 

Basically Pattaya is shut, BKK is shut, nothing to see, nothing to do, unless you want a water park, floating market and other boring stuff, so come to LOS fill your boots on all it has to offer, just don't expect to get rid of all that dirty water with anything half decent. ????

I have booked a hotel for early November in Bangkok on Agoda, but nothing to pay or free cancel before 31st October, no-brainer as the 5 Star Sofitel on Sukhumvit is £45 a night at the moment. Hope all is open in the world by then, but I doubt it