French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

Well Done France!! A country that takes care of their own unlike the UK Embassy who had their vaccines shipped out and have all had them! Yep I'm alright Jack <deleted> the tax payers. Yes I'm one who still pays tax and NI in the UK.????

Edited by Chicken George
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, domdom said:

I am also on gmail

This is the link I used (given in the mail received from the embassy)

https://form.jotform.com/211711887538463 

I use mozilla firefox.. May be try to delete the history in your computer and try connecting with mozilla ??

Don t you think the problem might be you registered already in BGK and then registered with same infos in BPH Pattaya.. This could be a reason (avoid people to register and get vaccine in 2 different locations, allowing some frauds ?? just an idea)

Have a nice evening

1 hour ago, itsari said:

If a individual chooses to live in a country other than his own then one should wait like everyone else for what is on offer .

Why?  I am classed as non-resident in Australia for tax purposes, I pay a higher tax rate than if I was in Australia. You're saying I should get nothing back for the extra taxes I pay?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Never going to happen for the UK. Thai sexpats aren't a priority. Think of the precedent it would set for the 1m Britain that live in Spain or the 500k that live in Pakistan. Never going to happen.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Right, the French have more real expat than the UK or US. 

8 hours ago, tonray said:

The trend had been quite clear ever since the suspension of the 'Income Verification" letters. The US/UK/AUS....couldn't give a hoot about their citizens abroad.

Come on Embassies in Thailand,mainly the AUSTRALIAN,USA,UNITED KINGDOM , if French Embassy in Thailand can do for their over 55yo citizens, then do something for many of your citizens stranded in Thailand. Wouldn’t be so bad if the useless Thai registration system they tell you to register for vaccine was able to be able to operate

39 minutes ago, heybuz said:

The oz government could not get it right even if they wanted to do the right thing, they have a 100 percent failure rate on everything they have done since coming to power including vaccinations in oz i think thailand is ahead in that regard at the moment.

but they have beautiful beaches and some nice waves

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Those aged over 55 will be eligible to receive the vaccine.

Well, at least the French are doing something for their ex-pats!  How about the Russians, USA and UK step up to the plate and do likewise?

Edited by mlmcleod

7 hours ago, robblok said:

When i said it before all the Brits were laughing saying the French would never do it. Seems they are far more competent then the Brits. (and Dutch for that matter).

Maybe next time wait before making anti French jokes when they clearly outperformed the UK in this. 

Yeah,just the small matter of their domestic vaccination performance vs UK. Well beaten there and where it really matters. 

At least one country is on the ball. I sure hope this sparks some initiative in other countries, and you know who you are.

We didn’t stop being citizens of our respective countries when we moved to another climate. We are no longer any kind of burden to our homeland, so you are actually saving money while we live here. I’d didn’t hear anybody complaining when we were younger and pouring our taxes into your system.

So let’s do the right thing and take care of our older citizens. Viva la France.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Now let's see what  Bozo is made of. Macron beating him to the punch (or jab). Well done  the French.  Watch out for customs! Put it all in a diplomatic  bag or in the case of the UK a cavernous aircraft carrier. Bozos bid to  join the RCEP and or theTPP and or ASEAN could be boosted by a bit of flag waving! 

It wasn't that long ago the UK / Boris were being accused of being greedy, hoarding vaccines for their own people, getting threats of blockades by the EU (or EU countries). 

Now Macron is paying for French citizens living in a poor country to be vaccinated ahead of that poor country's citizens, and this is seen as somehow heroic? 

I can't help thinking if Boris was sending Covid vaccines to a poor country for British citizens only, he'd be getting crucified right now. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

Well, at least the French are doing something for their ex-pats!  How about the Russians, USA and UK step up to the plate and do likewise?

Maybe French dont know how travel back they own country to take vaccine! Like many other nations people has done! I still wait until August to get my other Pfizer, then can dream to come back LOS. And i leave November from Thailand.

Edited by 2 is 1

4 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I think this is due to the J&J vaccine which would have a validity against Covid after the injection of only 9 months according to recent studies, the other vaccines of 12 months.

9 months: Let's hope that that will give them enough time to top up with a Pfizer or Moderna booster.

• Like 1

This is a good move by the French. They don't see their citizens getting vaccinated any time soon, so they take action - now!

It is the Thai government that should feel some shame, as there is no effective plan from them to vaccinate their own citizens, let alone foreigners.

• Like 2

Hypocrytes! - Trust the French to be two-faced.  These were the ones in EU shouting out loudest against vaccine nationalism when it suited them then.

Edited by PeeJayEm
small ommission.
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It wasn't that long ago the UK / Boris were being accused of being greedy, hoarding vaccines for their own people, getting threats of blockades by the EU (or EU countries). 

Now Macron is paying for French citizens living in a poor country to be vaccinated ahead of that poor country's citizens, and this is seen as somehow heroic? 

I can't help thinking if Boris was sending Covid vaccines to a poor country for British citizens only, he'd be getting crucified right now. 

Yes - the French are hypocrites. in the EU they were shouting loudest against vaccine nationalism when it suited them then. Now a change of tune completely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, hats off to the French! (but they always have taken delight in getting one up on us Brits haven't they ????)

What puzzles me though is why Thailand? And appears that it is only Thailand. It is “unprecedented” said H. E. Mr. Mathou!

There are quite a number of countries that are lagging well behind in their vaccination programmes so it a bit of a mystery to me why they chose Thailand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

We are viewed, by the uk government and the UK population as nothing more than traitors. or perv's. 

So no help offered and never will be.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

First the Chinese then the French. Kudos to both country leaders. USA has a list of why they can't do same. French made a deal with a list of Thai private hospitals in all the highly populated regions.  USA State Dept should take notice.   

BTW reservations for Astra  Zenaca vaccine are being doled out for jabs this week at numerous locations in Phuket.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

I expect the UK will soonbe offering the same service to British expats over the age of 97.

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

I expect the UK will soonbe offering the same service to British expats over the age of 97.

9 hours ago, Denim said:

Only until they discover there are two 98 year old Brits here.

Then the bar will be adjusted to 99.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hats off to the French.

Mind you it's just salt into the wound for this down trodden Aussie lad. Hoping in vain that his useless Oz embassy would ever step up to the plate

Don't pay your taxes and see how fast they step up same as the US