French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

According to Reuters, Thailand administered an average of 237,686 doses per day last week. That's roughly half the government's own target vaccination rate, and with the number of new daily infections rising from around 2,000 per day a fortnight ago to over 3,000 per day almost every day last week and 4,000 today, they've clearly lost control of the outbreak and have been hopelessly over-optimistic about the vaccination programme. For most retired expats who have been unable to register via Mor Prom or Intervac, and who missed the queues for Moderna at some private hospitals, any hope of getting vaccinated this year as part of the national programme is rapidly disappearing due to the vaccination under-performance. The only hope for many of us might be for our governments to ship vaccines out here as the French are doing, so I'd suggest contacting your elected representative back home if you're still in the system, getting friends or family to contact  them on your behalf if  you're not, and sending this story to your favourite national newspaper. Most politicians and media will ignore it, of course, but if just a few pick it up and start flagging it to the government then something might happen, you never know. I honestly didn't think the French had a hope of getting it past the Thai government, but now they've shown that it can be done there's little excuse for inaction on the part of the governments back home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thailand said:

I expect the UK will soonbe offering the same service to British expats over the age of 97.

Make that aged over 107 and you will possibly be somewhere near.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I hope it is an example for the other EU embassies too.. Come on  ambassadors don't stay behind and follow this exemple. Pass this incompetent Government

I'm quite suprised that this vaccination push wasn't initiated and coordinated by the EU instead of France going it alone.

• Like 1

Good on the French for doing this. It is a bold move. This serves two functions.

1. It offers some protection to French nationals.

2. It is a huge embarrassment and indignity to the Thai govt. You could not do your job, and we are doing it for you. 

The more this kind of stuff happens, the better. Resistance to the goons is one of the few tools we have. Hopefully, other nations will join in the fight against incompetency and indifference. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

I wouldn't even consider slim as being an option.

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

Make that aged over 107 and you will possibly be somewhere near.

Come on Surasak , you only know to well that there is no UK citizens of that age in Thailand . Therefore we must congratulate you on your good sense of humor . 

15 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I just phoned the Canadian Embassy about them providing vaccine shots, and I got a prompt email reply.

Thank you for contacting the Embassy of Canada, Thailand.

We understand you have enquiries regarding the availability and access to a COVID-19 vaccine.

Canadian government offices abroad do not provide medical services (including vaccination) or cover medical expenses for Canadian citizens outside of Canada.

In Canada, provinces and territories are responsible for the COVID-19 vaccination rollout plans. Provincial and territorial public health authorities determine the order in which segments of the population are vaccinated and criteria for eligibility.

While Canadian provinces and territories are in charge of planning and rolling out vaccination programs, including administering them, Health Canada is the federal authority responsible for authorizing vaccines and for making sure there are enough vaccines for everyone in Canada.

The Government of Canada is not in a position to supply vaccines for Canadians abroad, administer them nor ensure that the administration by a third party would meet Canadian standards.

If you are considering getting vaccinated abroad, you may wish to consult the list of vaccines approved by Health Canada.

For information on COVID-19 vaccines outside Canada, visit this webpage:

·       COVID-19: Your safety and security outside Canada

For more information on the COVID-19, including travel restrictions and requirements, consult this webpage:

·       Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

Local sources of information

While the Embassy of Canada is not in a position to provide advice as to whether or not you should be vaccinated in Thailand, we encourage you to seek information on COVID-19 vaccines on the Thai Ministry of Public Health’s website at Thai Ministry of Public Health’s website at https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php

The Department of Disease Control of Thailand has a new platform for vaccination registration, currently open to “people aged 60+ years old” and “people living with certain underlying diseases/conditions”. Information is available at website http://thailandintervac.com

Please also see the attached infographic from the PR Thai Government Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/, which shows the new platform as one of the three methods for foreign nationals to register for vaccination.

Here’s the email subject: “RE: something mistake”.

Oh well ...

Come on Justin you can do better than that. Last I checked Canada has the 2nd highest percent of their people vaccinated after Malta

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hats off to the French.

Mind you it's just salt into the wound for this down trodden Aussie lad. Hoping in vain that his useless Oz embassy would ever step up to the plate

The oz government could not get it right even if they wanted to do the right thing, they have a 100 percent failure rate on everything they have done since coming to power including vaccinations in oz i think thailand is ahead in that regard at the moment.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

So long as your mum accompanies you to the hospital

Don't ask for credit unless over 99 years of age and accompanied by both parents.  We may then make an exception, but don't hold you breath.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

Come on Surasak , you only know to well that there is no UK citizens of that age in Thailand . Therefore we must congratulate you on your good sense of humor . 

I don't know actually, but I'm creeping up that way myself. If I make it I'll let you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I'm Australian, age 72, and I speak reasonably fluent French. Will that be OK?

Can I suggest young man, give it a go. If you don't ask the question, you may never know the answer.

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Streuth , I reckon monsieur .

Worth a Try...

Waltzing Mathilda..waltzing Mathilda nous venons une valse Mathilde avec vous ....Vivre La France

Now let's see what  Bozo is made of. Macron beating him to the punch (or jab). Well done  the French.  Watch out for customs! Put it all in a diplomatic  bag or in the case of the UK a cavernous aircraft carrier. Bozos bid to  join the RCEP and or theTPP and or ASEAN could be boosted by a bit of flag waving! 

5 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Although this is very good for them to be the first to vaccinate their own but i still think they should do it for all of their own not only the 55 and above . 

No, second after the Chinese.

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

The vaccination will start tomorrow, they allready received the first 10,000 doses.

A friend has already his apointment at the Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai for 29th june, and my mum at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for 2nd jully.

Me, 30th  june,  Bangkok hospital Bangkok ; stops beginning of july, don't wait !

Never going to happen for the UK. Thai sexpats aren't a priority. Think of the precedent it would set for the 1m Britain that live in Spain or the 500k that live in Pakistan. Never going to happen.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

I registered first with her gmail account => no mail even in spam folders etc...

I reregistered agian her with her orange.fr account => mail received

Maybe an issue with gmail accounts ?

I am also on gmail

This is the link I used (given in the mail received from the embassy)

https://form.jotform.com/211711887538463 

I use mozilla firefox.. May be try to delete the history in your computer and try connecting with mozilla ??