French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, alyx said:

I have booked a J&J vaccination slot but to be honest, when I look at the vaccination schedule proposed by the different French places ( doctors, pharmacies and alike) I cannot help but noticing that this vaccine is widely available ( I am the only one on the list of the pharmacy I have chosen) whereas all the appointments were  filled  within minutes of publication for Moderna. This might not be a general trend but it makes one wondering.

I think this is due to the J&J vaccine which would have a validity against Covid after the injection of only 9 months according to recent studies, the other vaccines of 12 months.

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I hope it is an example for the other EU embassies too.. Come on  ambassadors don't stay behind and follow this exemple. Pass this incompetent Government

I fully expect the US to hold the line at reaffirm that US citizens aboard aren't their problem and to "feel free to ****-*** US expats."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hats off to the French.

Mind you it's just salt into the wound for this down trodden Aussie lad. Hoping in vain that his useless Oz embassy would ever step up to the plate

I've used both the Aussie and British Embassies in the past, the Aussie one's much better.

Aussie Embassy was, turn up, 15-20 minutes, and you're out, done and dusted.

British Embassy, make an appointment for 2 or 3 weeks time.

Also, the fees at the Aussie Embassy were about half of what they were at the British Embassy.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Sacre bleu! Great wine, great cheese and now great vaccines. You beat my country, England. Happy for you all!

Don't worry mate..I'm American and nothing in France beats English Stilton.

6 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

Why should they, how many British subjects have died from Covid in Thailand? AS far as I know it is zero. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I never see the US or its embassy matching the service France and China are providing their citizens. US embassies sees this as an opportunity to display their virtue by holding their own citizens less worthy than the citizens of the various countries in which they are operating.

Let's face it, we are less worthy. Americans over seas are less likely to vote and heaven forbid if any of us Cheap Charlies ever make political contributions. So we are certainly worth less to the political class

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Showboating by Le French to embarrass the Rosbif's .. 

Nevertheless I have just booked a slot at 10:00 am next Tuesday at Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen.

I'll update next next week before I go "Vive la France". Maybe I'll even wait to see if get a chance to cut the English down to size at the next Euro.

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

Let's face it, we are less worthy. Americans over seas are less likely to vote and heaven forbid if any of us Cheap Charlies ever make political contributions. So we are certainly worth less to the political class

Even the Chinese are laughing at the US leaving its citizens to twist in the wind.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-06/08/c_139996908.htm

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

sa·cré bleu !

Where oh where is the good ole USA ?

North America, with Canada to the north, Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico to the south. East of the Pacific Ocean, west of the Atlantic. I hope this answers your question. 

• Haha 2

the uk embassy its staff and the brit council.they received the J&J jab.so what does that say about the uk govts take on thailands rollout?i being a tax payer am none to impressed that my tax is used to pay for it and this arrogant scums pensions.they need to get this rolling quickly.if not lets find where this scum hangs out and tell them exactly what we do think as they dont answer your calls about such matters and are generally about as easy to find as a ham sandwich in mecca.the britsih club on silom is where they prance about with their noses in the air telling everyone how wonderful they are,they need a kick up their arrogant asses.

• Like 1

Countries that offer there own citizens in a foreign land a vaccination for covid 19 are simply racists .

China and France are the two countries that i know of .

Hopefully that is all I hear of .

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Countries that offer there own citizens in a foreign land a vaccination for covid 19 are simply racists .

China and France are the two countries that i know of .

Hopefully that is all I hear of .

They are not racists, why do you think this? 

• Thanks 2

For information, Thailand has forbiden the french ambassy to vaccine people from other countries (including thai people).

That means that I will be vaccinated by my ambassy (at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya and later because I'm under 55), but not my thai wife ! ????

• Sad 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

They are not racists, why do you think this? 

If a individual chooses to live in a country other than his own then one should wait like everyone else for what is on offer .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, itsari said:

If a individual chooses to live in a country other than his own then one should wait like everyone else for what is on offer .

In simple terms it is jumping the que , never a  good situation . 

• Haha 1