French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

They have already arranged it and you think the French will make a U turn like BJ did and Like Praytut does ?

No.... BJ is known for that approach, Macron not so. I expect they will come through, unless Thailand throws down some impediment.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

At home the UK is doing fine after being one of the worst in Europe. Nobody can ever deny that the UK did well in vaccinating. But helping their own in far away countries seems the French are far better. They have already arranged it and you think the French will make a U turn like BJ did and Like Praytut does ?

I don't get the anti French attitude, I don't care much that the French are better then the Dutch at this. Seems they actually are better then all the others except China. So a bit of patting them on the back is justified. Even the US has not done such a thing.

Sincerely I would not put the Chinese in this race as they are the one who imported the vaccine: they just added a clause in the contract. That being said. French embassies and alike should have started the "mingling" in order to obtain the vaccination of their citizens way back when they initiated the vaccination program on their soil. That being said, I still have to see that this announcement ceases to be an announcement.

1 minute ago, clivebaxter said:

Well done France, not very often we can say that, apart from their football team ????

Obviously, apart from the sport news, you do not follow other TV programs (no offence meant ) ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alyx said:

Obviously, apart from the sport news, you do not follow other TV programs (no offence meant ) ????

I did see on tv them illegally fishing in UK waters, the mass demos in Paris last year and Macron's embarrassing gaffs.

• Haha 1

J&J is approved by the Thai FDA, as of 25 Mar 2021.

The Thai government is said to be interested in ordering 5 MM doses.

Assume the French embassy will source their own J&J, and get it into Thailand somehow. And then get it to the Thai government, somehow.  Should work out well.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

sa·cré bleu !

Where oh where is the good ole USA ?

Plans for vaccination were quickly abandoned by the US state department after accusations of "entitled Americans" were leveled in a recent thread on TVF about America's responsibility to vaccinate expats.

Seriously though I'm glad to see the French government's actions and French expats getting immunized.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

60 million J&J vaccines were recently declared non-compliant, France recovered them? Knowing that France is trying all ways to reduce retirees, if I were in French I would have some doubts about taking this vaccine.

I have booked a J&J vaccination slot but to be honest, when I look at the vaccination schedule proposed by the different French places ( doctors, pharmacies and alike) I cannot help but noticing that this vaccine is widely available ( I am the only one on the list of the pharmacy I have chosen) whereas all the appointments were  filled  within minutes of publication for Moderna. This might not be a general trend but it makes one wondering.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

June 11th I asked them...."The French have announced vaccine help for their nationals living in Thailand. Will the British Embassy take a look again at their stance?"

They have not answered.

Thread here: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rbkk said:

June 11th I asked them...."The French have announced vaccine help for their nationals living in Thailand. Will the British Embassy take a look again at their stance?"

They have not answered.

Thread here: 

Might take them a few days to respond, if they ever do, as they are pretty slow.

• Like 1