French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why should they, how many British subjects have died from Covid in Thailand? AS far as I know it is zero. 

Not correct. I know of one Brit who died from Covid in Thailand earlier this year. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, domdom said:

Hello

We are french and ...

Registered for july 2nd and received a mail confirming my registration was successfull..

First I made a mistake and registered my mum at Bangkok Hospital at Bangkok, and received an email.

Then I registered at Bangkok Hospital at Pattaya, but I did not received an email.

You confirm that you received an email from BH Pattaya ?

Just now, dabhand said:

Not correct. I know of one Brit who died from Covid in Thailand earlier this year. 

One British Subject , ok, that changes everything . 

2 minutes ago, domdom said:

Hello

We are french and this is just to confirm the info..

We heard about 2 weeks ago it would happen. This morning a mail from embassy informing french above 55 are in and vaccination would take place in big centers in hospitals and not only in Bgk

One hour ago received a mail with the hospital names and for each of them a link to register.. Did it immediately and in 1 minute it was done.. 1st appointments offered were on June 30th.

Registered for july 2nd and received a mail confirming my registration was successfull..

In the received e mail, it is said it is free of cost and we will receive a vaccination certificate in french and thaj

For Pattaya hospital is BPH

Have a nice afternoon

Certificate only in French and Thai ? How will the majority of countries accept the certificate when they can not read it when travelling ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Was he overweight or had other conditions? 

Not overweight and am not aware of any other conditions.

But that, with all due respect, is beside the point as your earlier comment was rather specific and, to my knowledge, incorrect.

• Like 2

According to e mail received, they vaccinate french under 55 because in France this vaccine is allowed only for people above 55 (french rule applies)

Apparently it is thai government which did not authorize wife thai nationals to be part of the plan.

It is also stated they keep on getting vaccines and thai government authorization for french under 55.

Have a good afternoon

5 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

First I made a mistake and registered my mum at Bangkok Hospital at Bangkok, and received an email.

Then I registered at Bangkok Hospital at Pattaya, but I did not received an email.

You confirm that you received an email from BH Pattaya ?

Yes just 2 minutes after registering with the link in the e mail

mail is with  BPH letter head sent from e mail  [email protected] and title is "we have received your response for BPH .......

• Like 1

French grandson:      "What did you do during the Great Pandemic Grandpa?"

Grandfather:                "I was in Thailand, I got a dose in the Embassy of France."

Grandson:                     "Sacre Bleu! Those guys really know how to party!"

5 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

60 million J&J vaccines were recently declared non-compliant, France recovered them? Knowing that France is trying all ways to reduce retirees, if I were in French I would have some doubts about taking this vaccine.

???? do you know why they wer non-compliant ? because in the factory ( don't remember where ), the Johnson was mixed by mistake with AZ  ( factory made them both ) 

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Let's face it, we are less worthy. Americans over seas are less likely to vote and heaven forbid if any of us Cheap Charlies ever make political contributions. So we are certainly worth less to the political class

Your looking at this from an American mindset where everything is transactionary. The French and Chinese might just be doing this because to them it's the right thing to do for their citizens.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Let's face it, we are less worthy. Americans over seas are less likely to vote and heaven forbid if any of us Cheap Charlies ever make political contributions. So we are certainly worth less to the political class

Your looking at this from an American mindset where everything is transactionary. The French and Chinese might just be doing this because to them it's the right thing to do for their citizens.  

22 minutes ago, domdom said:

Hello

We are french and this is just to confirm the info..

One hour ago received a mail with the hospital names and for each of them a link to register.. Did it immediately and in 1 minute it was done.. 1st appointments offered were on June 30th.

---

So clearly, the registration website was not coded by the same people as Thailandintervac.com.... ????

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, domdom said:

Yes just 2 minutes after registering with the link in the e mail

mail is with  BPH letter head sent from e mail  [email protected] and title is "we have received your response for BPH .......

I registered first with her gmail account => no mail even in spam folders etc...

I reregistered agian her with her orange.fr account => mail received

Maybe an issue with gmail accounts ?