French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

Just now, suestra29 said:

I have written three times to Brian Davidson and have had two replies both in the negative. I will write again. Shameful they refuse to do anything. 

Try Jim next time, maybe you will get a laugh

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

I consider this a good kick in the teeth for the Thai government. They can't do it, so the French embassy has to step up.

Come.on the rest of the western world, do the same. The Thai government cannot even get a website to work properly to permit foreigners booking a slot that gets postponed or cancelled.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thailand said:

I expect the UK will soonbe offering the same service to British expats over the age of 97.

Yes - They do actually offer a 50% discount on a TV licence if you are BLIND!!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PeeJayEm said:

Yes - the French are hypocrites. in the EU they were shouting loudest against vaccine nationalism when it suited them then. Now a change of tune completely.

Two months ago, a man representing French people in the region sent us a message, telling there was a discution between the EU embassies in Bangkok, to vaccinate their own citizens ( this man worked with the embassy ) 

for some reason, discution aborted , maybe the other embassies didn't want to do it ; have you any information about it ?

9 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

I am not a great lover of the French (Government) normally, but kudos to them on this one - Vive la France!

7 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Two months ago, a man representing French people in the region sent us a message, telling there was a discution between the EU embassies in Bangkok, to vaccinate their own citizens ( this man worked with the embassy ) 

for some reason, discution aborted , maybe the other embassies didn't want to do it ; have you any information about it ?

and, if you followed, last week , for the first anouncement, there was also the Belgian ambassador with Anutin ; I think that Belgian does  the same ; maybe it's the other embassies who didn't want to follow ? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So much for the "How could it be done?" argument.

Easy, import the vaccine and pay Thai hospitals to administer it.

I will gladly pay for both the vaccine and a cover charge for the Thai hospital.

I would too though there are many on this site that would not (saving their satang for bar revivals..)

More information about the French embassy’s plan to vaccinate their elderly citizens living in #Thailand.

L’ambassade de France met en place une campagne de vaccination sans précédent https://th.ambafrance.org/L-ambassade-de-France-met-en-place-une-campagne-de-vaccination-sans-precedent

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

Pure Politics, plain and simple. No Western vaccine was allowed in so as not to

compete with other " projects " in the pipeline.  Now that the cat is out of the bag, wiser minds see

that it is wiser to bring in vaccines with a high efficacy rating than roll the dice with a 50/50

Sinovac vaccine that no one wants, or an iffy Astrazeneca that many countries have yet to Greenlight.

10 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

Seriously though, what tangible roles has any British Embassy played during the covid pandemic, for the benefit of its citizens?

• Like 1

In an article in the local post today, two Thai doctors said that they think that the Indian Variant will be dominant here in a few months.  That will be sooner than October when Moderna vaccinations will be available locally.    I will observe to see if vaccinations become available for Americans over 60 before the end of July.  If not, I'll be on a flight out to California never to return.    Not that anybody will care except me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Nah, they are far too busy sipping their Pimm's no 1 and eating Ferrero Rocher.

I rather like Pimm's number 1, and indeed am partial to Ferrero Rocher chocolate - but I think that particular combination on the palate would be quite gruesome!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

Hello,

Just receive a mail from BPH saying the service will be offered ONLY from June 30th till July 7th..

So, hurry up !!

Maybe some doses remaining on 7th would be given to people appearing and applying..they did it in France vaccinating unauthorized people rather than wasting doses..

Good evening everybody

good to see and its how embassy's should regard and treat their nationals..... Australian embassy here in Bangkok are the definition of lazy in the extreme.. sure  pony up to anywhere there is a photo op but render assistance to its nationals... thats outside its  thinking and mandate