New inverter a/c daikin not very cool...I'm baffled

Sheryl

Make sure you do not have the 'Night' mode selected..... the display on the Remote should show the  same as the pic. That is Cooling Mode, 25 Deg C setpoint, Fan Auto. That should cover usual use. As someone states, it is hot currently, and in my bedroom the sun has heated up the wall and it stays warm (nay...hot) a long time. 

Don't expect icy air out  if the room temperature is 35 Deg C, but it should be cool to your hand.

And lastly, did the installers lose some of the charge during installation? The installers should not have left if things were not A-OK. 

20210626_150156.thumb.jpg.ea2ba383d9a58e7d89d3df3d55dd16a1.jpg

Edited by jacko45k

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Try the various modes and then get a tech out to have a look. Still under warranty, so why not? Could also be a coolant issue, though that would be wierd for a new unit. 

Even weirder is that the same problem is being mentioned for two units , same brand, different models... installed at same time ( or so I believe was stated).

On 6/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, Sheryl said:

I have thermometers ordered from Lazada.

Where exactly do I test the temp? On the air blowing out of the a/c into the room? Or where?

out of the vent    with high speed the temp will be slighly lower    than low speed ..  

Hi Sheryl,

I'll be very interested to hear what the Daikin technicians find out as my Daikin inverter AC performs exactly as your new units perform, ie, some cooling after initial start up and then after a little while it just blows out warm air. The cooling is basically the same as using a cheap fan!

I've had the AC unit for approximately 3 years and it has never worked properly even after the Daikin technicians came out twice. A lousy purchase in my opinion and basically 30,000+ baht down the toilet.

When I first complained they didn't even bother to respond, totally unprofessional behavior, so I had my attorney send them a threatening letter and then they responded. So with my experience dealing with Daikin Thailand I wouldn't hold my breath regarding a satisfactory resolution.

• Like 2

For a hotel project we had Daikin inverter ACs installed in all rooms and in the lobby. Super Smile Inverter II (FTKC-TV2S)

Do they cool? Yes

Do they emit arctic cold air? No

Does it at times feel a little underwhelming? Yes

All in all very hard to put your finger on. It's more like a very subtle cooling, not the on/off arctic blasts you get from regular ACs.

Like it's throttling itself, but perhaps a bit too much.

Compressor outdoor tends to get a bit noisy and rattly too when the AC is running hard.

Edited by Bassosa
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

For a hotel project we had Daikin inverter ACs installed in all rooms and in the lobby. Super Smile Inverter II (FTKC-TV2S)

Do they cool? Yes

Do they emit arctic cold air? No

Does it at times feel a little underwhelming? Yes

All in all very hard to put your finger on. It's more like a very subtle cooling, not the on/off arctic blasts you get from regular ACs.

Like it's throttling itself, but perhaps a bit too much.

Compressor outdoor tends to get a bit noisy and rattly too when the AC is running hard.

Can you not set the fan to high separately?

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They came (a day later than scheduled). Living room a/c  had very low level of gas and there was a leak in the line. They fixed this. (This was the unit that was on sale, and had to be oprdered from elsewhere as not in stock at the shop)

They did nto find any problem with the upstairs a/c but "re-charged" the gas.

I can't report on results yet as it rained heavily each of the past 3 days cooling things off and the problem was only on the hottest days.  With current temps all I need is at most to have them set on dry. 

But the living room unit does now blow cooler air than before (though not  as cold as I was used to with the non-inverter units)

Good to hear that they came and found at least 1 problem and fixed it. If the one unit was down it definetly would cause the other unit to be unable to carry the extra load efficiently.   Keep us posted as to the results. 

As an aside, we once had an AC that was constantly losing it's coolant. In the end we discovered they'd used some aluminium pipe instead of copper, and it was split due to fatigue. Crazy stupid.

They usually have had no training on how to properly pressurise the coolant circuit. It's common to find problems with that, they're just winging it.

23 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

She (he?) looks like a pure tabby point Siamese 

I'm not sure if she's pure, she's a rescued cat, like all of my cats, but she has a very lovely character. Here's a clearer picture of her markings, and I'll start a separate cats thread. I like talking about cats...

DSC_0478.thumb.JPG.aac3aa6413b3a2ea7c234a1f1e40ae63.JPG

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 2

In respect of missing gas. Should not happen at a new installation if it was done properly. But I could tell you stories...

One of the "experts" here told me with the gas it is like with a car - the more you use it the more gas you need... There are idiots you wouldn't even dream of in your worst nightmares... 

Anyway - I have very old aircons and when they clean them (somehow) I never allow them to check the gas. The reason is because they will always find some gas missing that they can charge you or there is really gas missing because when they checked it they damaged the valves. My oldest aircon is about 20 years and the newest Daikin aircons are about 16 years. None of them ever needed gas. I know they are old and need a replacement but to change them needs some bad construction work. I didn't find the motivation yet... They still work great and no Gecko tried to destroy an expensive board - they are not inverters... 

16252244960350.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1

The angel in my avatar is, unfortunately, literally an angel now having died at the age of 22 last November after a 6 year battle with renal failure.

Leading to the promotion of this angel from No. 2 to No. 1 cat in the household:

Amnat.jpg

• Like 2

I replaced two of our 15-16 year old Daikin units a few months ago. Daikin Inverter models are FTKC, FTKF and FTKM. We bought FTKM, the most expensive, but the cheapest to run. Quite often our air con is on 24hrs/day.

We used two different suppliers and neither installers were that good. After failing miserably with the first installer I again asked the last one to leave the vacuum on for thirty minutes, so he said okay and went for lunch. I looked and he had left the vacuum pump running!   … gave up.

Yes the air coming out is not that cool but the room is. the units will provide a really high air flow on 'powerful'.

Last night, as usual, I set the unit to manual, speed one and 26C. This morning I could feel a cool breeze over the bed which is about  3.5M from the unit. The room temperature, out of the air flow, was 25.5C. I checked the air temperature above the unit and it was 26C. The unit outlet temperature was 21.5C.

Just out of interest I will select auto tonight and see how that works.

When installing the most important thing is to remove all the air and to make sure that the system is tight before releasing the R32. Guess that wasn’t done on at least one of your units.

As I understand the Daikin guys came and recommissioned ... you should not have a problem. Contact Daikin again.

PS ,,, I hope you can read this print ................................................................

• Like 1