Thailand approves Pfizer-Biontech vaccine for emergency use

snoop1130

59 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

So far as I am aware no vaccine has been approved for use with Children. The Pfizer vaccine is being  used in Europe and USA for adults since vaccination begun some months ago

Pfizer is approved for 12 and up in the USA currently. 

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

Is Thailand the last country on Earth that has approved the Pfizer vaccine? I don't know, but it sure feels like that!

Well, it's the most Chinese country outside China. I predicted from the outset that they'd find a way to approve the China vaccines first. 

• Like 2

Nothing has been ordered.  Remember yesterday's announcement from the GPO that they were in negotiations with Monderna?  That vaccine was approved months ago but still nothing really ordered.  Maybe next year after all of the Sinovac has been exhausted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

So far as I am aware no vaccine has been approved for use with Children. The Pfizer vaccine is being  used in Europe and USA for adults since vaccination begun some months ago

Pfizer has been approved in multiple countries for children as young as 12 years old. I am assuming Thailand is following suit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boedog said:

It shouldn't be given to kids, there still doing the Human trials on the adults, wake up

So everyone stays home, or leaves the kids behind?

All we can do is trust the science.

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

So everyone stays home, or leaves the kids behind?

All we can do is trust the science.

Trust the science, Human trials in progress what science where, s all the data on  theanimal trails like every other so called vaccine testing goes through, Oh those trails didn't turn out so well 

• Sad 1

Just now, Boedog said:

Trust the science, Human trials in progress what science where, s all the data on  theanimal trails like every other so called vaccine testing goes through, Oh those trails didn't turn out so well 

Seek, and you shall find..... 

This is a current pandemic, which requires attention now, usual trials have been rushed, but have occurred. 

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Besides that they're basically immune anyways

Meaning they rarely develop symptoms... but do become infected and can carry and transmit Covid. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Phillippines get the vaccines in August, delivery in eight weeks, why is Thailand delaying again??

Because mr P and mr A want this pandemic to last as long as possible 

1. So they can scam as much money as possible out of this and

2. Because if this pandemic is over there will be big mobs everywhere.

More and more Thai are waking up and see that these 2 clowns can't even run a threadmill if it was on and running . 

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Meaning they rarely develop symptoms... but do become infected and can carry and transmit Covid. 

Don't we have vaccines for the adults now? If you're trying to slow the spread I think it's a little late for that...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, mfd101 said:

When all the numbers are imaginary, then any number's as good as the next one.

Exactly right.

Now the standard line is "end of year". Is that because that's 6 months away and anything more distant than tomorrow never enters the cultural consciousness?

In any event, there is absolutely no reason to consider such statements even remotely credible. The powers that be are just treading water and each lie another small rubber duckie keeping them afloat.

Nonetheless, REAL vaccines will become available here one day simply because there is money to be made. That's something that penetrates the Thai consciousness several times a day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I see it says 20 million doses here. In another thread it mentions 30 million. 

I guess it’s not much difference?

not when half or perhaps any at all come...

2 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

In any event, there is absolutely no reason to consider such statements even remotely credible. The powers that be are just treading water and each lie another small rubber duckie keeping them afloat.

Yet here we are treading water with them, week after week. ????

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Don't we have vaccines for the adults now? If you're trying to slow the spread I think it's a little late for that...

Most places have a very low number of fully vaccinated people... even most of Europe is barely over 30%. Are you suggesting we stop trying to prevent the spread? We aren't even into the last quarter. It is an ongoing effort.

Not to produce a vaccine suitable for children would be remiss......

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

Yet here we are treading water with them, week after week. ????

But without rubber duckies or submarines.

Worse yet, with the fake news rainy season there is less water to tread leaving us knee deep in mud. Small wonder farang are considered dirty.

I know, I'm stretching the metaphors til they scream, but it's therapeutic.

5 minutes ago, issan101 said:

Oh wow ! the world was holding its breath, waiting for Thailand to approve Pfizer.  Now we know it is safe

Just wondering what the hell took  them so long, since it started being used December 2020.....

5 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Does it? Because the average Thai ain't too good at getting to that cheese.

Actually I should not have been so frivolous. It's hard to think of much else when your children are hungry and you have no work I suppose.

But the peasant class won't be the ones importing vaccines, stuffing brown envelopes, and making obscene profits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Well about time to,  why did it take Thailand so long to aprove this Pfizer vacine for use in Thailand,  Oh, I forgot lives are cheap here, and I'm OK Jack, that's the attitude of the Government,  and let's wait and see if this so called 20 million vaccine arrive,...... I doubt it very much.... 

Because Pfizer Thailand submitted an application to Thailand FDA in June. Keep up. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Grandiose statements they are and pie in the sky numbers they may be.  All a little late agreed but finally, yes finally Pfizer is approved and added to the list and that has to be good news?

Just after I forked out 7,600 baht for me and the wife to get the Moderna shots in October, ah the timing couldn't be any better, you can sh-ve your vaxes where they fit, as long as your crew get them 1st, you have proven time and time again that you don't care for farangs let alone your own kind.

Absolute disgrace you lot are and your heads should be hung in shame !

13 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

It is my understanding that the Pfizer vaccine is targeted for Thai children.  Perhaps this is due to it being approved for youth but perhaps us high risk older folk could use it too.  Can someone explain why the Pfizer will be given to the low risk group.  I am happy for the kids but jealous for sure.

I'm  60 years old. I got he Pfizer in the US