Thailand approves Pfizer-Biontech vaccine for emergency use

snoop1130

1 minute ago, sambum said:

Any advance on 30 million? Going, going,.............................? 

That's about it.  It will end up like the Moderna order of 10 million for private hospitals that got cut in half to 5 million with 2 million of that to be donated to the Red Cross and probably sold on from there to another country. 

When human lives are at stake the corruption and incompetence of these people is sickening.

They are STUPID than they look. The whole western world has already vaccinated a majority of its citizens after approving Pfizer a long time ago and Thai officials just approved. What took them so long??? They are an arrogant bunch and just sstupid. They are not taking good care of their citizens. Assassins!!!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Lingba said:

1.  so it was approved...probably won't be made available until 2025.

2.  They can't even keep a bottle of Singha cold...how are they gonna keep this in the required sub zero temps during storage?

The cold storage issue was said to be a major, major issue here. Which is why I wonder Thailand went with Pfizer instead of Moderna. First, Moderna has already been approved for months now and, second, Moderna revised its cold storage requirements, making it easier to keep at warmer temps for an extended time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/moderna-covid-vaccine-can-remain-stable-at-refrigerated-temps-for-3-months.html

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not enough and not soon enough. Read this and compare.  UK is going to use this jab a 3rd booster shot this autumn (northern hemisphere). 60 million more doses. If 3 shots are needed it will be the end of next year at this rate for Thailand. These grandiose statements bear no weight with me as time and again they are proved to be just grandstanding nonsence. 

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1116

Third booster because the vaccines lose effectiveness  as the virus mutates.  Do yourself a favor stay healthy, exercise, eat well and get yourself some ivermectin.  If you have preconditions isolate and wait.   A recent article on yahoo indicated the new strain was very contagious but the efffects were like a common cold.  

The BMJ article linked earlier is interesting. 

UK has done deals to acquire 517 million does of various vaccines for a population about equal to Thailand !

Even giving all 67 million 3 doses each, that's still only around ~200 million. 

Why order/purchase 517 million ??

Is this hoarding ??

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Third booster because the vaccines lose effectiveness  as the virus mutates.  Do yourself a favor stay healthy, exercise, eat well and get yourself some ivermectin.  If you have preconditions isolate and wait.   A recent article on yahoo indicated the new strain was very contagious but the efffects were like a common cold.  

Where can one buy ivermectin here in Thailand ? Local pharmacy ?

5 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Why order/purchase 517 million ??

Because they have people smart enough to actually plan ahead.

6 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Is this hoarding ??

No, it's covering all bases to ensure their people have access to the best available vaccines. IF they don't release them once their people are "fully" vaccinated then feel free to point your finger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, David T Pike said:

What good are all these approvals without the vaccine??? Hello??? I think it's safe to say that all of Thailand is in a state of emergency... DUH?

What is good about the approvals is that now they can at least order  other vaccines. Before they could not as was not approved for use in Thailand so could not order the vacccines even if they wanted to.

5 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Thailand approves all these vaccines not to be delivered where is my AZ approved  for my appointment back on the 10th June?  

I'm hoping to get AZon July 4 ( 1st jab ), but I read yesterday that Australia is banning AZ once the current stocks run out.

3 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

I'm hoping to get AZon July 4 ( 1st jab ), but I read yesterday that Australia is banning AZ once the current stocks run out.

It appears that AZ soon will be the only vaccine unapproved in both the West and China. What a disaster.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Phillippines get the vaccines in August, delivery in eight weeks, why is Thailand delaying again??

Perhaps the delay is down to Pfizer's supply abilities or do you think that it is able to produce 20,000,000 doses out of thin air?

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps the delay is down to Pfizer's supply abilities or do you think that it is able to produce 20,000,000 doses out of thin air?

Pity they never ordered the Pfizer when it was offered to them last year

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lingba said:

1.  so it was approved...probably won't be made available until 2025.

2.  They can't even keep a bottle of Singha cold...how are they gonna keep this in the required sub zero temps during storage?

1.  They've already said it is expected to be available this year.

2.  Who can't keep a bottle of beer cold?  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

So nice of you. What, it was good enough for the USA months ago but not for Thailand? Pathetic.

Thailand's FDA has to approve the vaccine in exactly the same way that the US's FDA has to approve it for use there.   What's the difference?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonysilly said:
17 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

It is my understanding that the Pfizer vaccine is targeted for Thai children.  ... Can someone explain why the Pfizer will be given to the low risk group.  

MONEY!! THAT'S WHY

Can you explain that, koratkarlos?  You think that Thai children are going to be charged for Pfizer vaccinations?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Because they have people smart enough to actually plan ahead.

No, it's covering all bases to ensure their people have access to the best available vaccines. IF they don't release them once their people are "fully" vaccinated then feel free to point your finger.

Yes. Of course you are correct. 

I wasn't finger pointing,  just amazed that they've ordered so much and somewhat annoyed at local inability to acquire even a few million doses of the good vax for we older expats to get until maybe next year ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Some swear aspirin will do the same and just as good. ????

Well, I take low dose aspirin every day. So will keep doing so and keep self isolation etc until we get good vaccines available here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Pfizer vaccine is the vaccine of choice and has the highest reputation in UK, US, Europe. It comes from the geniuses at Biontech in Germany is manufactured by American  Pfizer. it achieves circa 98% efficacy after two doses. It is a marvel of modern life sciences and its inventor Ugur Sahin originally a Turkish migrant into Germany and his wife too  deserve to be saints. it is the first choice for everyone especially over 55s and under 30s as it carries no troubling side effects. I got it like all seniors in UK and my 18 yr. old got it last Saturday. Free here in UK. But in Thailand it worth paying for and I am sure its the one those who can have had. It should be rolled out to all adults. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Caldera said:

Is Thailand the last country on Earth that has approved the Pfizer vaccine? I don't know, but it sure feels like that!

Whether or not it was the last place -- it certainly is one of the last places! (It is hard to imagine any third-world country taking so long!)

That's the problems with countries like Thailand with such very high and advanced technical standards -- Thai experts will have been rigorously testing, testing, testing the Pfizer vaccines -- as is their want!

Now, I wonder how long it will take to order some and get stocks delivered -- perhaps each batch will also have to be tested thoroughly too!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, peter48 said:

The Pfizer vaccine is the vaccine of choice and has the highest reputation in UK, US, Europe. It comes from the geniuses at Biontech in Germany is manufactured by American  Pfizer. it achieves circa 98% efficacy after two doses. It is a marvel of modern life sciences and its inventor Ugur Sahin originally a Turkish migrant into Germany and his wife too  deserve to be saints. it is the first choice for everyone especially over 55s and under 30s as it carries no troubling side effects. I got it like all seniors in UK and my 18 yr. old got it last Saturday. Free here in UK. But in Thailand it worth paying for and I am sure its the one those who can have had. It should be rolled out to all adults. 

The majority of seniors in the UK got the AZ -- NOT the Pfizer!

• Like 1

Of course they approve it.  They are scheduled  to get in millions of donated Phizer Vaccines next week.  Why purchase it when its being given to you.  Ozzy Osbourne (Crazy Train) "The Media sales it, and you live the role."

4 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:
30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand's FDA has to approve the vaccine in exactly the same way that the US's FDA has to approve it for use there.   What's the difference?

The length of time Thailand took to test and then approve it! That's the difference!

Pfizer Thailand submitted an application for the domestic use of its Covid-19 vaccine to the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) according to a report in the Bangkok Post on 12th June (2021).   That would put the approval time at 13 days.    How much quicker would you expect it to be?

• Like 1