Thailand approves Pfizer-Biontech vaccine for emergency use

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet its also in The Bangkok Post dated 16th Oct 2020, want the link? PM me

EDIT

Pfizer to seek vaccine approval in November.  Title of B.P. post you you want to seek it out yourself, or you can just give me a smiley, up to you

No, no cigar, no "smiley" either. 

That is a report about Pfizer's US FDA approval, nothing whatsoever to do with a Thai FDA application.  That was made on June 12th, 2021.

From your own link...

"So let me be clear, assuming positive data, Pfizer will apply for Emergency Authorisation Use in the US soon after the safety milestone is achieved in the third week of November," the company's chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said in an open letter".

"Laugh all you want, does not distract from the facts, sorry"

True, you need to read your links properly before declaring your inaccurate information as "fact"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course now your deflecting by questioning the credibility of the article which was written by a Thai, Cod Satrusayang  the managing editor of the Asia News Network, former Reuters, DPA and CNN journalist.

Fake news carries a heavy punishment in Thailand.

Thailand puts out much of the Fake news you hear on this site. What is their punishment?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tonysilly said:

MONEY!! THAT'S WHY

Well if money is the only issue they could be making a mint just by getting vaccines. Wealthy Thais are flying to USA to be vaccinated. All middle and upper class Thais would pay, I'd say 90% of the expats would gladly pay a greatly marked up price. So if they are only interested in making as much money as possible out of this covid 19 vaccination program, they are certainly dragging their feet about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, no cigar, no "smiley" either. 

That is a report about Pfizer's US FDA approval, nothing whatsoever to do with a Thai FDA application.  That was made on June 12th, 2021.

From your own link...

"So let me be clear, assuming positive data, Pfizer will apply for Emergency Authorisation Use in the US soon after the safety milestone is achieved in the third week of November," the company's chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said in an open letter".

I didn't supply a link, I supplied a link to the Thai Enquirer, which clearly states the claim and which you dispute as not being credible, thats up to you, its obvious despite media reports you will not be convinced, I'm unlikely to convince you either, good day and keep up the good work on discrediting others links.

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I didn't supply a link, I supplied a link to the Thai Enquirer, which clearly states the claim and which you dispute as not being credible, thats up to you, its obvious despite media reports you will not be convinced, I'm unlikely to convince you either, good day and keep up the good work on discrediting others links.

You did give me the title of the BP article, though, and whether that was a link in the forum sense of the word or not, it did link me, through my own search, to the article that you referenced.     

The BP article that you didn't directly link me to but used as evidence to support your (incorrect) claim specifically stated that the FDA approval being applied for in 2020 was US FDA approval.     If you're not convinced by your "not a link", which discredited your own claim about Thai FDA approval being sought in 2020, I don't know what would convince you! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You did give me the title of the BP article, though, and whether that was a link in the forum sense of the word or not, it did link me, through my own search, to the article that you referenced.     

The BP article that you didn't directly link me to but used as evidence to support your (incorrect) claim specifically stated that the FDA approval being applied for in 2020 was US FDA approval.     If you're not convinced by your "not a link", which discredited your own claim about Thai FDA approval being sought in 2020, I don't know what would convince you! 

The title I gave you was wrong and thats why I edited it out, it does not distract from my original link and article that you dispute as not being credible and call a rag. Let me just remind you of it:

"It had recently emerged that both Pfizer and Moderna asked the FDA to review their vaccines as early as late 2020. According to local media reports, Pfizer also offered to sell their jabs to the Ministry of Public Health in November of last year."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28599/four-decisions-thailand-got-wrong-in-its-covid-19-fight-so-far/

However its obvious calling this a rag is now your deflection on its credibility so really does say all I need to know about you. Like I said, carry on posting I'm done with debating the issue with you, enjoy supporting the official line.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

The global data shows that this a very good vaccine but with a minus 70 degree centigrade storage requirement for this vaccine would anyone honestly trust the logistics chain in Thailand to maintain that?

It no longer requires storage at -70°C until just before use. That was changed a while ago.

It can now be stored in a normal refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (35°F to 46°F) for up to 1 month.

Updated storage requirements for Pfizer vaccine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

The title I gave you was wrong and thats why I edited it out, it does not distract from my original link and article that you dispute as not being credible and call a rag. Let me just remind you of it:

"It had recently emerged that both Pfizer and Moderna asked the FDA to review their vaccines as early as late 2020. According to local media reports, Pfizer also offered to sell their jabs to the Ministry of Public Health in November of last year."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28599/four-decisions-thailand-got-wrong-in-its-covid-19-fight-so-far/

However its obvious calling this a rag is now your deflection on its credibility so really does say all I need to know about you. Like I said, carry on posting I'm done with debating the issue with you, enjoy supporting the official line.

"It had recently emerged that both Pfizer and Moderna asked the FDA to review their vaccines as early as late 2020. According to local media reports"

Yes, the US FDA as it turns out!   

"Rag" is a commonly used term to refer to red-top type tabloid media, it is not a deflection of mine.   I don't need to deflect from anything as Thai FDA approval was not sought by Pfizer in November 2020 as the company didn't even have US FDA approval at that time.    I think you're using my comment as a deflection from the incorrect assertion that Thai FDA approval was sought in November 2020, it wasn't.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't blame Pfizer, I said "perhaps".   Is that not a possibility?    You do know that the government cannot order vaccines from a company that has not submitted a Thai FDA approval application, don't you?

Your saying that "we all know that the government caused the delay" does not make it fact, "we all" do not know that.   On the other hand "we all" should know that FDA approval has to be granted first.

And we all know that Sinopharm was approved in 1 day and Moderna and pfizer took more than 2 months...and I know that Every Country in the word has to wait for vaccines. I am not that stupid but because of the lack of action by the Government we are behind in the row...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"It had recently emerged that both Pfizer and Moderna asked the FDA to review their vaccines as early as late 2020. According to local media reports"

"Rag" is a commonly used term to refer to red-top type tabloid media, it is not a deflection of mine.   I don't need to deflect from anything as Thai FDA approval was not sought by Pfizer in November 2020 as the company didn't even have US FDA approval at that time.    I think you're using my comment as a deflection from the incorrect assertion that Thai FDA approval was sought in November 2020, it wasn't.

I think you have to inform you better. Pfizer offerd vaccines to Thailand, but AZ was more important even as Sinovac and they didn't accept the offer, The same in January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I think you have to inform you better. Pfizer offerd vaccines to Thailand, but AZ was more important even as Sinovac and they didn't accept the offer, The same in January.

"I think you have to inform you better".

Really?   Specifically, what was incorrect about what I posted in that comment that you're responding to here?  Specifically.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I'm hoping to get AZon July 4 ( 1st jab ), but I read yesterday that Australia is banning AZ once the current stocks run out.

Then you read it wrong. They have said it will not be routinely used from October onwards, because they will have enough supplies of other vaccines to cover their needs but will continue to be available on request.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, "we all" do not know that!     Pfizer's application for Thai FDA approval was made on June 12th 2021, that's less than 2 weeks ago!

Read back how many times they wrote that the Government ordered the vaccines already...That is not what I was writing... but still they lie and continue doing it.. Look what happens with Moderna. 10 million doses now only 5 mill first not more than 3000THB for 2 jabs included everything than the price went up to 3800 THB and now we are not sure how much.. and that for a vaccine that cost 32 to 37 USD if you can calculate it is 1200 THB...for 2 dose.... Who will benefit ???

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I think you have to inform you better".

Really?   Specifically, what was incorrect about what I posted in that comment that you're responding to here?  Specifically.

leave it.. no use to discuss with you

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm not making any claim, the article is doing that, if you believe them to be wrong then that is your issue.

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

It's too funny. 

The whole world gave approval already. But Thais have to check it again? 

But maybe it took months to translate everything into Thai language?

And then to find an interpreter? 

????

Thailand has a well-established regulatory authority for the approval of medical products. They have to approve all drugs and vaccines used here. Why do you think they should make an exception for Covid vaccines?

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

What is good about the approvals is that now they can at least order  other vaccines. Before they could not as was not approved for use in Thailand so could not order the vacccines even if they wanted to.

Baloney! Give me the dates on when the others were already approved and when the orders went out for them and why they aren't here yet???? 

The US will now add a warning to Pfizer and Moderna after the CDC found links between the mRNA vaccines and very rare cases of heart inflammations among young adults and adolescents, the agency announced earlier this week.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1408359860589109250

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David T Pike said:

Baloney! Give me the dates on when the others were already approved and when the orders went out for them and why they aren't here yet???? 

Pfizer was only approved on June 12th

before that date it could not be ordered as what not approved for use in Thailand

Moderna was approved for use on May 13th

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2115195/thai-fda-approves-moderna-vaccine

The Thai FDA earlier approved the vaccines made by AstraZeneca Thailand on Jan 20 this year, Sinovac Biotech imported by GPO on Feb 22 and Johnson & Johnson on March 27. 

Many Sinovac vacccines were donated by China and 150,000 were ordered and given specifically to all Chinese Nationals currently in Thailand by the Chinese Embassy. Another 500,000 were donated to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Pfizer was only approved on June 12th

before that date it could not be ordered as what not approved for use in Thailand

Moderna was approved for use on May 13th

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2115195/thai-fda-approves-moderna-vaccine

The Thai FDA earlier approved the vaccines made by AstraZeneca Thailand on Jan 20 this year, Sinovac Biotech imported by GPO on Feb 22 and Johnson & Johnson on March 27. 

Many Sinovac vacccines were donated by China and 150,000 were ordered and given specifically to all Chinese Nationals currently in Thailand by the Chinese Embassy. Another 500,000 were donated to Thailand.

Bangkok Post link?

Forum rules do not allow links to BP

Edited by anchadian

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So what has been the function of Pfizer (Thailand) up to this time?

According to their entry on the American Chamber of Commerce website, the function of Pfizer (Thailand)  is to "[offer] innovative, high quality medicines and medical supplies to prevent and treat disease and improve the health and wellness of Thais."

https://connect.amchamthailand.com/list/member/pfizer-thailand-ltd-1569