Thailand approves Pfizer-Biontech vaccine for emergency use

snoop1130

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Not enough and not soon enough. Read this and compare.  UK is going to use this jab a 3rd booster shot this autumn (northern hemisphere). 60 million more doses. If 3 shots are needed it will be the end of next year at this rate for Thailand. These grandiose statements bear no weight with me as time and again they are proved to be just grandstanding nonsence. 

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1116

Grandiose statements they are and pie in the sky numbers they may be.  All a little late agreed but finally, yes finally Pfizer is approved and added to the list and that has to be good news?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Phillippines get the vaccines in August, delivery in eight weeks, why is Thailand delaying again??

The Phillppines is getting them now through COVAX.  Over 2 million so far. The 40 million order they are paying for themselves starts in August.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

It is my understanding that the Pfizer vaccine is targeted for Thai children.  Perhaps this is due to it being approved for youth but perhaps us high risk older folk could use it too.  Can someone explain why the Pfizer will be given to the low risk group.  I am happy for the kids but jealous for sure.

So far as I am aware no vaccine has been approved for use with Children. The Pfizer vaccine is being  used in Europe and USA for adults since vaccination begun some months ago

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

It is my understanding that the Pfizer vaccine is targeted for Thai children.  Perhaps this is due to it being approved for youth but perhaps us high risk older folk could use it too.  Can someone explain why the Pfizer will be given to the low risk group.  I am happy for the kids but jealous for sure.

MONEY!! THAT'S WHY

• Confused 1